World PVP

Criiiiket

I'm new to SWTOR, and I have a question.

How does World Pvp in SWTOR work? Is there world pvp? Has it died? was it never born?

So far I've only gotten to level 21, and am on Nar Shadda, and i would just continue leveling to find out, but i'd like to know what to expect. Will i be running into Imperial plays while questing? or no. On Nar Shadda I've noticed we quest in seperate areas, even though its "contended territory", I tried going to the Imp areas to "bump" into them, but there are powerful guards that killed me. Are most of the planets like this? Or is it because I'm still a lower-level that we are seperated, and in the future i will see more.

I'm on a PvP server, the third highest population in North America, Jung Ma.

I don't usually like to use forums to ask questions, but i tried google this and researching it with little result. A lot of the things I've found say conflicting things and I am confused as to the current state of world pvp.

I'm new to SWTOR, and I have a question.

How does World Pvp in SWTOR work? Is there world pvp? Has it died? was it never born?

So far I've only gotten to level 21, and am on Nar Shadda, and i would just continue leveling to find out, but i'd like to know what to expect. Will i be running into Imperial plays while questing? or no. On Nar Shadda I've noticed we quest in seperate areas, even though its "contended territory", I tried going to the Imp areas to "bump" into them, but there are powerful guards that killed me. Are most of the planets like this? Or is it because I'm still a lower-level that we are seperated, and in the future i will see more.

I'm on a PvP server, the third highest population in North America, Jung Ma.

I don't usually like to use forums to ask questions, but i tried google this and researching it with little result. A lot of the things I've found say conflicting things and I am confused as to the current state of world pvp.

There is no world pvp. But they plan on adding some on their usual schedule of 10 times longer than what it takes a typical MMO developer.

Sorry there really is not much in way of open world pvp. If you run into someone make it a good fight, you may not have another one for awhile.

There is no world pvp. But they plan on adding some on their usual schedule of 10 times longer than what it takes a typical MMO developer.

More conflicting answers.

So in other words, there IS world pvp- but it is dead?

Edited by Criiiiket

More conflicting answers.

So in other words, there IS world pvp- but it is dead.

If by world pvp you mean can you attack a player of the opposing faction in a zone on a PvP server, the answer is yes. But you dont get to a planet on which this is actually possible until Tatoonie which i believe is 24-28 level range.

If by world pvp you mean active pvp outside of warzones for level 50 characters or a working zone that is specifically designed to host world pvp in the open world the answer is no but they plan on adding some in the future and by future i mean way longer than it should.

Edited by Gidoru

If by world pvp you mean can you attack a player of the opposing faction in a zone on a PvP server, the answer is yes. But you dont get to a planet on which this is actually possible until Tatoonie which i believe is 24-28 level range.

If by world pvp you mean active pvp outside of warzones for level 50 characters or a working zone that is specifically designed to host world pvp in the open world the answer is no but they plan on adding some in the future and by future i mean way longer than it should.

Thank you :]

For more clarification, if you are on a very populated server the chances of you running into another player while questing is very good. I had the most world pvp run ins on tatooine, alderaan and hoth. I would recommend keeping ur companion out and with you at all times because you never know when you are gonna run into someone. As far as end game world pvp its gonna come out eventually everyone just has to be patient, I have faith they will come up with some good stuff

For more clarification, if you are on a very populated server the chances of you running into another player while questing is very good. I had the most world pvp run ins on tatooine, alderaan and hoth. I would recommend keeping ur companion out and with you at all times because you never know when you are gonna run into someone. As far as end game world pvp its gonna come out eventually everyone just has to be patient, I have faith they will come up with some good stuff

If you still saying that in 3 years i will be amazed.