Women Against SWTOR

amilia

Don't get me wrong. I want to play this game. I so so much would love to be able to sit down with my boyfriend, watch the original trilogy, and PWN. However, after leveling my main to 50; we sat down to find we could not go through an entire planet together without a quest bugging.

I have reported several bugs and had little to NO help from any CSR. It doesn't seem to be that they don't want to help, but that they are unable. And of course that is simply followed by a cut and paste response and a closed ticket.

I know I am the minority playing an MMO as a women and it has Always been an experience I have enjoyed with my significant other. So I would love nothing more than to see EVERY women playing this game in on this thread. I urge EVERY one of you to spend 10 minutes reading forums. You will be so discouraged about end game, PVP, and even leveling you will want to give up instantly.

All of you PLEASE reply! Stand up! Show them we are here and we do care! Show them we won't stand for maltreatment of paying customers!

Don't get me wrong. I want to play this game. I so so much would love to be able to sit down with my boyfriend, watch the original trilogy, and PWN. However, after leveling my main to 50; we sat down to find we could not go through an entire planet together without a quest bugging.

I have reported several bugs and had little to NO help from any CSR. It doesn't seem to be that they don't want to help, but that they are unable. And of course that is simply followed by a cut and paste response and a closed ticket.

I know I am the minority playing an MMO as a women and it has Always been an experience I have enjoyed with my significant other. So I would love nothing more than to see EVERY women playing this game in on this thread. I urge EVERY one of you to spend 10 minutes reading forums. You will be so discouraged about end game, PVP, and even leveling you will want to give up instantly.

All of you PLEASE reply! Stand up! Show them we are here and we do care! Show them we won't stand for maltreatment of paying customers!

Why does this have to be directed solely at woman... are you saying your money is better than mine a male?? Surely the community stands a better chance together rather than segregated??

Do you argue that women playing MMOs are a minority? Why shouldn't we have someplace open to converse about the issues and bugs riddling the game? I would never have purchased the game if I had any inkling that this would be the outcome. I can only try to help others not make the same mistake. Even if you only look at my post hopefully I can proved some insight to anyone.

AND please all of you MEN! Get in on this! I want you to join!

Edited by amilia

Women Against SWTOR? Your genetic makeup doesn't mitigate the fact that you are suffering from the same problems all the players are.

I loved the idea of this game, but let's face it, the final product is unfinished. They went from "open beta" to "closed beta". Cancelled my sub yesterday, but glad to see I'm not alone in feeling this way about the game.

Do you argue that women playing MMOs are a minority? Why shouldn't we have someplace open to converse about the issues and bugs riddling the game? I would never have purchased the game if I had any inkling that this would be the outcome. I can only try to help others not make the same mistake. Even if you only look at my post hopefully I can proved some insight to anyone.

AND please all of you MEN! Get in on this! I want you to join!

You do have a place to talk about bugs. Here. Unless you somehow think that women need a space of their own to talk about technical problems to impact *everyone*.:rolleyes:

Hey there everyone.

We're going to go ahead and close this thread. Firstly, please see this post from Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berryman regarding bugs and tickets:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4344302&postcount=48

If you report a bug in-game and the ticket is closed, it doesn't indicate that we've decided to ignore the bug report (and, of course, it doesn't mean we think the bug is invalid or fixed either), even if it has been some time and the bug persists. We review bug reports and pass issues along into our internal system for tracking. Once it's there, it's prioritized like other bugs, which means that it could be some time before a fix gets out to live servers. We address bugs as fast as we're able, but some fixes that may appear to be simple can be more involved than they would seem. That doesn't mean we don't address them, just that we want to address them as we're confidently able to do so.

One thing that we know prohibits some players from testing effectively on PTS right now is that we do not currently have an option to copy your character to public test. This is an option we do want to make available to facilitate testing, and though I can't speak to future changes to testing plans specifically, we're happy to see feedback from people who want to test.

We hope that gives you more insight into how bugs and tickets are addressed. Unfortunately, due to the volatile nature of this thread, we're going to close it. We encourage threads to be appropriate and centered around discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, not real life gender discussions.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding moderation in the forums, we ask that you please send your feedback to communitysupport@swtor.com.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Zilrota