Massive drop in population this month

Drom

According to http://www.torstatus.net/ the population's been pretty steady since February (after initial decline) up to mid May. But look at the graph there! Both US and EU servers went to zero in about last 2 weeks! What a massive drop.

US and EU graphs (highlighted)

i know it's not representation of subscriptions, but it's kinda alarming at this point. Not many people are logging in to the game.

what do you think? Diablo 3?

Edited by Drom

I played TOR quite a few hours a day... and then Diablo 3 launched. I haven't touched that game since. I can't even bring myself to, it's just not very good.

So there is one reason. In all honesty, they shouldn't have developed a subscription based MMO, it was doomed to fail.

Edited by stephenjohnp

I'd say it's very likely a lot of people have bought D3 and are playing though it, but aren't dropping their subs, because once you finish D3 there's not much more to do with it.

So they'll play though it once and then come back to SWTOR

I played TOR quite a few hours a day... and then Diablo 3 launched. I haven't touched that game since. I can't even bring myself to, it's just not very good.

So there is one reason. In all honesty, they shouldn't have developed a subscription based MMO, it was doomed to fail.

You mean D3 is just not really good, right? Or do all the people who like D3 post on these boards and the droves that hate it post on the D3 boards?

Hi all,

Since this thread focuses on discussion relating to server population, we're going to close and redirect this thread in order to consolidate the discussion.

If the community could continue to use the following thread to discuss the topic of server population, that would be great:

Server population is dropping...

For discussions and information regarding transfers and merges, we ask that the community please use the following threads:

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

Thank you for your understanding!