The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If you make a new Warzone make a Huttball-like

Phinex

Hello there,

Seeing the new community manager's post it seems that they will be answering on our topics more often then before, which looks awesome.

Being a pretty well involved PvPer on my server, the feeling is that Huttball is by far the favourite warzone out of the 4 already in-game.

When 1.2 came out with its new warzone called Denova Cost, I was very excited to go and discover it as I had been like every one of us turning around 3 warzones. Since then I've had time to appreciate its graphical beauty and the nice things about it but I found it disappointing that you (BioWare) have played the card of safety with a 3-point-capture objective based warzone.

It is not a very exciting warzone compared to the many different strategies that you can play in a Huttball match.

Most of us will agree that Huttball is an amazing Warzone that pushes much more the meta-game than Alderaan for example.

So please, if you make a new Warzone make a Huttball-like warzone, with very quick response full objective based gameplay.

Phinex

PS: On imbalanced servers like mine the Alderaan Warzone is extremely rare to play on as there often isn't enough opponents to form a team.

Yeah huttball is great fun, though we need more variation in game styles. Right now we have a single flag capture the flag game (huttball), an assault game (voidstar) and two point control games with slight mechanics differences (alderaan, coast). I would say we need a new playstyle warzone before we need a new huttball, such as a mix of point control and capture the flag.

On an unrelated note, larger warzones wouldn't go amiss, at the moment everything is far too close together in most warzones, particularly the point capture games. I obviously cant speak for everyone but even a little variation in warzone size would be nice, make it feel different, require you to mount to get to different points, that kind of thing. At the moment some zones feel too small, like coast, that really should be a larger map, its a small war being played out on a tiny stretch of beach.

So I would support a new huttball, I just don't think it should be the devs first new warzone choice :)

I like an idea of having a huttball type map with 3 balls in the center, and holding the balls get you points. The further you are from the middle the fewer points you get. The balls also have a DoT associated with them (like the fang in RIFT for those who played that game). When you die the ball jumps to the nearest enemy player. and it would be possible to hold all 3 balls (if you can love through the DoTs; which in this situation, would be cumulative). You would need multiple levels and traps for the added fun/random factor.

I like Robinson's idea.

If they want people getting involved in PvP, they should make a warzone that requires people to test for optimisation of strategies and originality in warzones is the only way.