The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

elliotcat

Replies

I know Thorns started out in a difficult position but he doesn't seem the type to lie down and give in to it. Good for him.

Yes, I suppose that's something most of our characters here on this thread have in common. They don't give in.

There’s something about that that I really like. Your depiction of the city from the view of the lower levels is great. It feels grimy and real, and you can see how Thorns would get caught up in gang life.

Thank you. I am trying to keep things simple, because of my somewhat rusty school English. So I am always glad when I managed to express some of the things I had in mind :)

a nice revealing part on Thorns in his younger years. I enjoyed it!

Thank you.

More than one reason to learn "medicine". Love the pre-BH backstory.

Thank you. Knowing about the anatomy of the different species can be essential for survival for a BH, which sparks an idea for a new story, so thanks again :D

I liked your dreams and nightmares piece, it was very well written :)

Thank you.

I always like character backstory, where they came from, How they know what they know.

I always hope I don't overdo it.

Comments

Am I gonna have to include injury warnings on my next Swaindrix missive? :D

You're making us laugh so often, that I think the health-promoting aspects of your stories outweigh any possible negative effects.

@alaurin: I like the idea of a Cathar mating cycle. I am glad this didn't happen on Belsavis, for obvious reasons. Closing your eyes doesn't help while reading :eek:

And Gault would definitively take the opportunity.

'I'm doing what I can out here for you, Audra,' Corso mumbles to the wall. 'I hope it's enough. I hope it reaches you. And I never thought I'd say it, Captain, but I don't want to see you tomorrow.'

I think that's very much Corso, never to give up hope, regardless of the seeming forlornness. Very intense story.

@marisalf: I like your story. And your Gault is very Gault. Didn't see the end coming. I think I might want to check on some former stories.

A wise man once told me "If stories are written, comments will come"

.. then he spent all his money to build a baseball field in the back of his house.

@Eversteam: Oh man. My heart is breaking for poor Audra, but it's exactly as I would imagine it would be in a major war like that. Well done. Corso stepping up to the plate as just a tool to look for Audra and keep busy may backfire! I can totally see everyone electing him mayor when all is said and done. Nice detail on that!

@Yoshi: Saved by the stuffed Tauntaun! Nice, adding a human touch to a class that's known for it's ruthless ways!

@Frauzet: Wow, body parts for med training. Now THAT'S brotherly love! That was awesome!

@Alaurin: ok, got to get this out of the way. Gault? Gault?! Gotta agree with Mako there! :D Loved how it was like parents teasing their adult kids "LALALA DON'T TELL ME! LALALALA!" I laughed hard at Mako.

@Marrisalf:

Cipher Nine studied her face with her black, glossy eyes and smiled. “You’re more than that, Melodai Stormageddon Hyllus.”

Hoooooooooly crap! Yeahhhh, that's gonna get weird in that place here pretty quick. Nice ending! And once again, great Gault!

You're making us laugh so often, that I think the health-promoting aspects of your stories outweigh any possible negative effects.

I hope so. I'd hate to commit manslaughter via fanfic. :D

And now, I present...

Prompt: Sacrifice, or perhaps Seven Virtues (courage)

Characters: Swaindrix (Merc), Mako, and Torian

Timeline: Quesh

Spoilers: Minor Quesh non-class quests

"So what are we here for again? I don't care about some stupid chemical plant."

Mako gave him a stern look. "Really, Drix? Moff Dracen was talking for ten minutes, and you nodded and 'uh-huh'ed your way through all of it, and you don't remember the mission?"

Torian just chuckled as Swaindrix's perpetual scowl deepened.

"Well, I told him keep it short. I just wanted him to tell me who to shoot."

"Maybe we could ask him to use small words next time. Okay, here's the deal..."

Mako started to give a shorter and simpler version of the same speech Dracen did. About one minute in, Torian heard her start to use completely nonsense words that just sounded like language if you weren't really listening. She looked at him, worried that he might blow it, but he just winked at her and stayed quiet. She got to the end of a 'paragraph' and paused.

"Uh huh," said Swaindrix.

"Drix!" Mako exclaimed as Torian cracked up, knowing full well he'd tuned out again. She sighed, exasperated. "Fine. Shoot the alien scientists first and foremost, and anyone else who gets in our way, and then we'll shoot the engineer and take his plans after we get done. Happy?"

"Why didn't ya just say so?"

She made an inarticulate noise of anger and frustration and reached up to bap the bounty hunter on the back of the head. Torian wasn't that familiar with the crew yet, but worried that Swaindrix might take offense and that would start a fight. But the redhead just turned his head to the side for a second and smirked at Torian. No, this was normal between these two.

After taking out a few Jedi and some guards as quietly as possible, Mako stopped beside the door to lay out the plan of attack, clearly intending something subtle that might not attract the attention of the whole building right away.

Just as she opened her mouth, Swaindrix walked right past her, kicked in the door, pulled the pins on three grenades at once, tossing them all in different directions. "YO, EGGHEADS! COME AND GET SOME!" he yelled. He started firing both pistols at two different groups of guards just as the grenades all went off at once.

Mako looked straight up, mumbled something about the Maker, and hurried inside to cover him. Torian did likewise, without the prayer.

. . .

"Boss, look out!" Mako yelled at the same time as her dive. She knocked Swaindrix out of the way and took the concussion grenade full force in the chest.

The hunter got to his feet quickly and saw his medic, his first partner, and the object of his so-far-unrequited love sprawled on the floor, her chest armor cracked and bleeding from her nose and both ears. Not moving. Something in him snapped, and the world turned red.

He grabbed her unconscious form gently, stuck three kolto injectors and two stims in her wherever he could find room, and yelled "Torian!", handing her off to the young Mandalorian. Then without a word, he dove over the improvised barrier the Pubs were hiding behind, and started cooking off his rocket launcher like an automatic rifle.

He didn't care that the thing would likely overheat and explode in another few shots, and he didn't care that he was taking nearly as much damage from the thing as the Pubs, being in such a confined space. He would see these bastards reduced to pulp. Nobody, but NOBODY touched his Mako! When the rockets ran out, he pulled the string holding all the pins on his grenades together and simply tossed the entire bandolier at the two remaining Pubs. He quickly picked up a nearby table and held it in front of him for cover.

The grenades all went off together, the table shattered, the room collapsed, and Swaindrix was thrust into sweet oblivion. His last conscious thought: she'd better be alright, or their base is next.

. . .

Drix awoke on one of the bunks in the medbay. Torian was hovering over him, a relieved smile on his face. "Welcome back, boss."

Swaindrix looked sideways and saw Mako staring at him, a smile on her face. "You know that was stupid, right?"

He looked slightly sheepish. "Yeah."

"Would you do it again?"

"Next time you get hurt."

"Nerfherder." She reached out and he took her hand. Torian pretended not to notice. Ending up on his back and in this much pain was worth it, all for that.

Notes:

Okay, so it's not totally humor for a change. I can't just be a one-trick pony, now, can I? :D

And I couldn't resist including the YouTube montage of head-baps. :rak_03:

Edited by Adwynyth

She made an inarticulate noise of anger and frustration and reached up to bap the bounty hunter on the back of the head.

And I couldn't resist including the YouTube montage of head-baps. :rak_03:

NCIS rocks. I'm only in mid-season one, so I haven't seen much Gibbs-bapping-heads yet, but I can't wait! :D

Prompt - Turning Point/Affection

Title - Admission

Class - Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight finale/Sith Warrior Act 3 spoilers

The old Twi'lek had asked for Jasin to stop the Sith from gathering some ancient relics. So, Jasin decided, he'd send Kira, Rusk, Doc, and T7 on to finish their other mission while he and Scourge took out these Sith. It would be a good chance to wrangle some information out of Scourge.

"Why do we waste our time with this?" Scourge asked. "Any other Jedi could do it."

"For you, Scourge," Jasin said with a grin. "To teach you patience."

Scourge scowled deeply. Jasin laughed and led him the short distance to the tomb the Sith had ransacked. A pair of Lords stood to one side with a squad of retrieval troopers. Jasin pulled his lightsaber off his belt and ignited its blue blade. He leapt in, sweeping his lightsaber at the first Lord's neck. The Sith dropped before she could draw her blade. The other Sith drew her lightsaber and sent a bolt of Force lightning at Jasin.

Jasin swiftly redirected the energy into the troopers. Two of them dropped, dead, while Scourge engaged the others. Jasin crossed blades with the Sith and swiftly finished her off. He found several relics on the bodies of the troopers and stuffed them into his belt.

The two of them moved through the small vault and cut down the Sith Lords and retrieval troopers inside quickly. Jasin noticed a quickening of Scourge's pace, a boost to his stamina and adrenaline. He retrieved the remaining relics and moved out of the vault. The Sith hadn't sent reinforcements yet, but Jasin still had to disable the Sith shuttle waiting to take the remaining forces away. As he and Scourge moved for the landing pad, Jasin glanced at Scourge.

"Why do you stay with me?" he asked.

"What?" Scourge asked.

"The Emperor's dead and the Empire's in retreat. Why don't you return to them? You were the Emperor's Wrath. Surely, if you were to tell them to retreat back to their space and end the war, they'd take it as a holy sanction."

Scourge sneered. "Too many Sith have seen me at your side. They'd never trust me. Besides, there is a new Emperor's Wrath. Your brother, Methic. You know this."

Jasin nodded. "I do. Still, you could probably convince them to take you back, even give you a position of authority where you could end the war."

Scourge said nothing.

Jasin grinned. "Admit it. You like fighting Sith."

"Do not."

"Do so."

Scourge barked out a laugh. "You play a child's game. Very well. I must admit, I do get a certain thrill from striking down other Sith."

Jasin nodded. "That's all I needed to know."

They approached the shuttle. Two Sith jumped forward, one a Lord and one apparently a Darth. Jasin leapt at the Darth, swinging his lightsaber, while Scourge took the Lord. Jasin swept low, cutting at the Darth's legs. The Sith jumped over his blade and rolled aside. Jasin lunged, but the Darth parried the blow. Jasin threw a flurry of rapid attacks at the Sith and then cut it off mid-strike, leaping over the Darth's head and coming down behind him. Before the Darth could turn, Jasin decapitated him. He was about to lower his lightsaber when his danger sense went off.

He whirled, saber raised, and found the Lord half a meter from him, her lightsaber raised, and Scourge's red blade terminating from her gut. Jasin blew out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks," he said.

Scourge only nodded.

"Let's plant this bomb and get back to the base. Kira and the others will need us soon."

In my gameplay, I have not gotten to the Belsavis bonus series until now, while I'm also doing the Macrobinocular quest, and then only because the quest giver, an elderly Twi'lek Jedi, intrigued me so I went over to see what he wanted. Kira, Rusk, Doc, and T7 are continuing the search for the Shroud while Jasin and Scourge do this.

Adwynyth:

“YO, EGGHEADS! COME GET SOME!”
I think I played with this guy. Sometimes he’s been me :D. I liked the combination of action and humor here.

YoshiRalphElan: Bah, holding out on JK finale specifics :( A bit silly after this long, I know, but I’m still avoiding the bulk of JK 2&3 spoilers.

Edited by Striges

NCIS rocks. I'm only in mid-season one, so I haven't seen much Gibbs-bapping-heads yet, but I can't wait! :D

*snicker* I don't even watch NCIS, but I've seen a few episodes, and it's always hilarious when I see it happen.

Plus, can't you just see Mako doing that?

Jasin grinned. "Admit it. You like fighting Sith."

"Do not."

"Do so."

Scourge barked out a laugh. "You play a child's game. Very well. I must admit, I do get a certain thrill from striking down other Sith."

HA! Knew it! :D

Aldwynyth: I think I played with this guy. Sometimes he’s been me :D. I liked the combination of action and humor here.

Hee hee...thankee! :p

Embarrassingly pedantic nitpick:

There's no "L" in Adwynyth. :o

:o I am shamed :o

Fixt.

Bah...no reason to be. It's picky of me to even care, but unfortunately I'm wired that way. [EDIT: accuracy, I mean. I don't really care about my name that much. :)]

*gives you popcorn* Here, you'll need this for...

Title: Mako's Day Off

Prompt: Hell, I dunno...having too much fun; I'll pick one later

Characters: Swaindrix (merc), Mako, and Gault

Timeline: Nar Shaddaa, shortly after Gault joins the crew

Spoilers: Minor early Nar Shaddaa non-class quest

"I need a day off."

Gault scoffed. "Day off? From what, lounging on the ship?"

Swaindrix whipped his head around toward Gault, concerned. "You might not wanna..."

"I mean, it’s not like you’ve been out there with us since I got here."

"Gault, ix-nay..." Swaindrix tried again.

"No, Princess here needs to understand what real work--"

Gault didn’t even see it coming: didn’t see Mako’s look of disbelief turn to fury, didn’t see her start to rummage around in the corner, didn’t notice her start to swing. He did notice "Izizville Slugger" written on the nerfball bat she slammed upside his head, at least for the brief moment of consciousness he had left.

. . .

When he came to, Gault had a headache the approximate size of Corellia. He was in the medbay, stripped of his armor, and in nothing but his boxers. There was a kolto patch on his head and a note taped to his chest with surgical tape.

He grabbed at the note and sat up, suddenly feeling as if his head would fall off. When it didn’t fall off, he focused on the note and started reading.

"Dear kark-for-brains, since you seem to lack appreciation for everything I do around here, you’re doing all of it today and getting me caught up. I won’t bore you with the stuff you can’t do because you don’t have a Holonet implant like me, so we’ll just stick with the easy stuff."

He started reading down the list, amazed at the sheer amount of mundane details that went into making sure the ship stayed flightworthy, he and Swaindrix had working equipment, and everything was as it should be when they returned to the ship. It listed finding food, fuel, parts, miscellaneous provisions of a hundred different types... He paused about one-quarter of the way down the list. "You’ve got to be kidding me."

He read further. "Launder Swaindrix’s shorts? The hell I’m touching those things."

She seemed to have anticipated that response, because the next item was "Yes, you are doing every kriffing thing on this list. If you don’t, or you screw any of them up, or you do less than a spectacular job on anything, they won’t be able to find the parts that I'll cut off with that plasma torch next to the medbay bunk."

Sure enough, there was a plasma cutter right next to the bunk. The head was resting on the bunk between his thighs. He remembered a rather irritated Hutt making a similar threat once...

He looked back at the letter. It was written in pink ink. The "o" in Mako's signature was a little heart.

He thought he was going to be sick.

. . .

Swaindrix and Mako worked their way through another large group of Killiks.

"You know, I never knew how good this was for stress relief."

Drix just smirked and blasted another lieutenant with the rocket launcher. "What, hunting bugs specifically or just shooting stuff?"

"Just shooting stuff." She bullseyed a grounder at ten meters without even looking. "But we need to stay out here till my shot gets worse. I’m still way too furious at Gault."

"Hey, I tried to warn the guy."

"Yes you did, big guy." She gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "And for that, you get a shoulder massage when we get back to the ship."

He scowled. "From you, right? Not from Gault."

Her laughter at that attracted another group of larvae, which Swaindrix blasted with the flamethrower.

"Yes, from me." She squirted poison into yet another hive and stopped to catch her breath after hefting the enormous implement. "Who knew? I didn’t need a day off work. I needed a day off from Gault!"

Edited by Adwynyth

Replies:

marissalf: maybe I will be telling ;) I think it is something Corso would need to see and hold out for, even if some of those people won't be identified for years (and there's no spoiler to read into that :p)

Striges: I'm glad her grief does, I worry a little that it doesn't sometimes :confused: He really would be :)

frauzet: If anyone was too hopeful for their own good, it would be Corso.

DarthSillyMonkey: hmm, mayor you say? Interesting... *writes down a note* ;)

Ow...right in the feels. :o

I didn't know you knew me to go anywhere else ;)

Comments:

marissalf: :eek: and steal Adwynyth's 'OH SNAP'

Adwynyth: Torian... *runs away crying*

I want to say Gault didn't deserve any of it as well but... he really did :D

Prompt: Home Ec and Sacrifice

Class: Smuggler (Audra)

Words: 1100-ish

No spoilers. Set somewhere near or at the end of or just after Voss.

'Captain, I've got to ask you something.'

Audra glances up from the sink of dishes of that nights revelling to Corso who dries the dishes next to her. She stares for a moment at his bare chest under the white apron she forces him to wear. She ordered him to as a dare only a few weeks after they got the ship back and somehow it had stuck. Losing the shirt was a later addition that she was far from complaining about. If she remembers that night correctly, she had made a bet with him that she could... balance a spoon on her nose while taking her clothes off? Audra shakes her head at the blurry memory and smiles.

'Is it whether I think we look like a really, really old couple when we do this in synchronisation and whether it gives me horrible flashes of us as old and wrinkly and washing dishes eternally in our insanity?' Audra inquires with a large smirk.

'No, Captain, I've never thought that,' Corso replies with slight confusion and a shiver at the image she produced. Doing anything with his Captain is fun but washing dishes is far down the list of preferable activities.

'Then is it whether I think we could be doing a lot more enjoyable things together three hours before dawn then washing dishes? And in case you are wondering, sleeping is about fourth on my list,' Audra clarifies.

'No, Captain, it wasn't that either but I had just been thinking the same.' Corso leans over and plants a small kiss on her cheek. Audra tries to hide her smile by forcing another clean but dripping wet glass in Corso's hand.

'Then was it whether I know if the Voss were descended from insects?'

'It wasn't that either, Audra.' Corso pauses. 'Were they descended from insects?' he asks seriously.

'No idea, farm boy,' Audra answers with a laugh. 'So did you want to ask whether I think Risha will kill Guss in two weeks if I don't send one of them away on some flimsy money making expedition?'

'No, Captain, but that really is also becoming a concern.' Audra glances up from the plate she is scrubbing vigorously to Corso's face this time and smiles at the frown she sees there.

'I know. Why can't our children get along?' Audra asks with a melodramatic sigh.

Corso's face twists into a deeper and less adorable frown. It shows more disgust at the thought of being intimately related to their crew than it has ever shown and that includes the time Audra threw a large handful of bantha dung at him for a reason that was forgotten amongst the stench that was irremovable from his dreadlocks for weeks.

'I don't know, Captain,' Corso eventually replies, placing the image (though more like a nightmare) of looking after their crew members in their infancy aside.

'So what did you want to ask? Make it quick because you know washing the dishes involves intense concentration that cannot be broken and the longer we talk the more likely it is something will go horribly, horribly wrong,' Audra sarcastically replies with a wink.

'You're bored, aren't you, Captain?' Corso inquires with a broad grin.

Audra looks at Corso in melodramatic shock. 'What would give you that idea? I love washing thirty shot glasses!' Audra grins but then rolls her eyes and shakes her head at the bowl she is still scrubbing. How could a bowl that was full of only popcorn be covered in something green and hard and damn near impossible to wash off?

She glances at Corso's neat pyramid of dried glasses and then to the four still dirty on her left.

'I mean really! There's six of us and two didn't have anything. Why do we use so many plates and glasses? We used thirty four glasses! Why do we even have that many shot glasses when the ship can only fit ten?'

'I'm not sure, Captain,' Corso warily replies.

'One of life's great mysteries,' Audra replies with a smirk to her plate, her exasperation leaving as quickly as it came. Since Risha and Akaavi are both unconscious on the couch in the bar room and Guss and Bowdaar both have a talent for breaking dishes, not cleaning them, Corso and Audra had no choice but to take up the task (not that Risha would do the chore even if she was awake).

'So was that what you had to ask me?' Audra inquires with a grin.

'No, Captain. I wanted to ask about the Shrine of Healing.'

'Cleaning dishes is more exciting than talking about or being in that place,' Audra snaps back. She couldn't bring herself to laugh at her joke or smile. She made her choice but...

'I don't know about that Captain, but...' Corso pauses and considers the best way to phrase his question. He can't think of a tactful way. 'Couldn't they of done something there for your leg?'

'Could have and wanted to,' Audra answers directly. The green falls away from the plate and into the sink where it sinks to the bottom. She hands the plate to Corso in one hand while taking a dirty glass in the other.

'They insisted pretty hard,' Audra replies with a forced smile. She passes Corso the glass and takes another. The water has cooled after time from the intense heat of almost a boil to little more than lukewarm.

'Something about being able to walk straight and unencumbered to my destiny,' Audra quotes with a light laugh.

'Why didn't you let them, Audra?' Corso asks seriously. It doesn't suit his apron.

'Because I like my limp just fine the way it is. I shall limp towards my destiny in a very unheroic fashion,' Audra announces as she passes Corso the last glass.

'Captain?' Corso quietly asks, hearing the edge to her voice. He knows it isn't ok.

'Corso, we've run out of things to clean. Guess it's off to bed.'

Audra walks away leaving only spotless dishes behind her. She walks away with an unfaltering will and a slight limp and she walks away from what she doesn't want to talk about. She doesn't like her limp. She hates it. She hates it more than she's hated something in a long time and almost as much as she hated her slave collar. But it's part of her. It's her imperfections in physical form. It's the weakness of character and the mess that she is overtly displayed for the galaxy to see. It's a reminder of her mistakes and it's a reminder of what's important. With every step, she remembers and she will never be able to forget. She doesn't want that reminder taken away because if she forgets, she might make the same mistakes again and again, hurting him again and again. She will keep the damaged leg and the damaged spirit and trust that a farm boy can heal her.

Now, I like reading the stories here, but this rapid turnout by all the authors kinda makes it hard on commenting. Not to mention the fact that I'm lazy as hell. So in short, loved the stories since my last posting - especially from Adwynyth. Your stories regularly bring a smile and more to my face (fortunately I got my own office).

Prompt: Out of the Limelight

Title: All I wanted ... were some eggs and apples

Class: Trasher (SW)

Timeline: After Makeb

Spoilers: Minor ... Sith Warrior 3rd Act

Words: 1300 (or so)

A lovely sunday on Dromund Kaas. Inside the Shadowwalker Estate/Fortress near Kaas City.

„Honeybuns, please run over to the Emperors Mart and get us some apples and eggs. I’m in the mood for baking and besides our grandson Ta’sk just called and asked if I would make one for his next raid on tuesday. And by now, you should know that I just can’t refuse any wishes from our grandchildren.“

„C’mon Te’la, it is sunday and the NASPOD races are on in one hour. Can’t you send Khem Val or Talos? After all, Talos is a member of the imperial reclamation service! The food is (hopefully) not thousands of years old, but he should still be able to complete this simple task. Oh, and did I mention that I’m the Emperors WRATH! It is beneath me to go grocery shopping!“

Getting slowly aggravated, Te’la looks around the corner from the kitchen and sends a stream of force lightning at Trasher, her - usually - beloved husband. Unprepared for this attack, Trasher has no way of defending himself and gets electrocuted …. a bit.

„Sweetcakes, Khem Val is currently building some Level 50 Color Crystals and Talos is out on a Treasure Hunt Mission for Gemstones. Oh and before you ask, Andronikos, Ashara and Xalek are busy too and you don’t want to send HK-51 - remember last time he was unsupervised? So, get your lazy a** up Mr. Emperors Wrath and get me eggs and apples … NOW!“

Grumbling, Trasher puts the case of Tall Moff Stout back into the fridge, picks up his lightsaber and shield generator as well as Te’la’s grocery bag and heads out the door, all the while mumbling under his breath - „Just wish I still had Vette’s Shock Collar lying around, you’d feel just like back in the days … honeybuns!“.

At that, Te’la is peeking out from the kitchen again, her hands already sparkling blue „Said anything dear?“

„Nope! I’m on my way“ the retreating Trasher manages to say before hurriedly closing the door - from the outside.

Inside the Emperors Mart, the number of customers is rather low, due to it being a lovely SUNDAY. While internally discussing which sort of apple to take, Trasher’s view is suddenly obstructed by a rather large microphone and out of the corner of his eyes he can see a guy with a holocamera on his shoulders. The hand holding the micro belongs to a nice looking human blonde, whose as soon as she noticed his attention, barrages him with a stream of questions.

„Ladies, Gentlemen and Sentient Beings, this is Vicky Vale for Dromund Kaas Network News (DKNN - the narrator) and we are now live with Lord Trasher at the Emperors Mart. My Lord, you’ve been the Emperors Wrath for a number of months now, after slaying Darth Baras right in front of the Dark Council (and your wife), followed by the conquest of Ilum and Makeb. Now that you accomplished all that, what are your next plans? On a more social note, while you are married now for some time to the Dark Council member Darth Te’la, there are rumors that this marriage isn’t a happy one and might dissolve in the near future. Incidentally, there have been numerous photos and reports of you leaving various casinos on Nar Shaddaa as well as cantinas all over the known universe with a small blue twilek and a (very aggressive) human female on your arms. Usually in the early morning hours. Care to explain that? And last but not least, there are further rumors that you intend to return to PVP and rejoin the ‚Kaas Yozuks’, your former Huttball Team of mixed fame. Considering your successes or better, the lack thereof, do you really think this a good idea?

„Err …. WHAT?!? … Who told you that and again … WHAT ?!?“ Is all Trasher can splutter out. While he tries to get a grip on the situation he sees a familiar face standing in the background, watching him intently and with a big smirk on his face. Trasher’s face becomes a mask of rage while the only thought inside his head flashing is „Malavai Quinn, you conniving, backstabbing, degenerate son of a Kl’or Slug. You are going to pay for this“. After mentally counting to ten, Trasher outwardly relaxes visibly which in turn lets the reporter and her cameraman relax, because up until that moment they saw themselves potentially hanging around being force choked.

„Mrs. Vale, if I address your questions with more than just a ‚No Comment‘, will you let me get back to my shopping and the remainder of my free sunday?“

„Actually I had …“ Trasher briefly concentrates and squeezes her windpipe just a tiny bit. „… Of course my Lord“

„Wonderful, now for your questions. So far no special plans aside from the occasional raid or flashpoint. My marriage is still quite happy and we are both deeply in love, actually I’m on an errand for my wife here. The Twilek and Human female both work for me, and whenever we are seen together it just means I’m on some quest or other. As for PVP, well I’ might do the occasional game and by being a Juggernaut I’m rather well equipped for Huttball, but I’ve never really liked that part of the game and will therefore stick with PVE instead. Therefore the short answer to that question is ‚No‘, I won’t rejoin the ‚Kass Yozuks’.“ Trasher’s mood and facial expression switches to menacing „So I believe I’ve covered all of your questions extensive enough and I suppose you have important business to attend to - somewhere else and far far away“.

The reporter and cameraman exchange a glance and considering Trasher’s menacing demeanor, decide unequivocal that - Yes, they have to be somewhere else, RIGHT NOW!

After both have left, Trasher looks around for Quinn and finds him nearby among the baby powder and diapers. Obviously he came to the mart to watch the humiliation of Trasher and gloat over it afterwards (maybe even use the opportunity and buy some Correlian Brandy for his private gloat&victory party). Unfortunately for him, his not-so-brilliant plan backfired, because Trasher not only managed to deal with the reporter but saw him lurking in the background as well.

„Quinn, you are disappointing me … again. Frankly, I always knew and even expected further attempts on stabbing me in the back, both figurative and literal - but … this?“ Trasher asks incredulously.

„Well my Lord, looks like I should have planned this better.“ a squirming Quinn answers.

„That’s a Fact! And since it looks to me, that you like physical torture a bit too much, I have to find a different way of taking disciplinary action with you. For starters you will be send on slicing missions until you dream of Thermal Regulators. Furthermore I’ll let Vette terrorize you (calling you pet names for example) for at least one month and Pierce will reorganize your pedantically ordered extensive holovid collection according to his very own system - chaos. Maybe I even let him use explosives for his reorganization. On top of that you will fleece Broonmarks fur - twice daily - for a whole month. Oh and by the way, if you deviate from your expected good behavior even once till the end of the year … I’ll call in Talos Drellik and let him educated you on the encyclopedic rules and regulations of the imperial reclamation service - including tests and quizzes.“ Now Trasher is actually grinning evilly. „Got all that?“

„Yes my Lord … Vette will continue to annoy me, Pierce will destroy my life’s work, I’ll have to shower twice daily in fleece retardant and may possibly die of agonizing boredom - got it“.

„Wonderful, now get out of my sight and while at it - do a rich yield slicing mission!“

A broken looking Quinn slowly shuffles off to the exit and a long string of slicing missions, while Trasher can finally get that shopping done and may even be home in time for half of today’s NASPOD race.

Notes:

This weeks prompt got me thinking, what would happen if you are immensely powerful and worldwide known, but you still want to live a normal life. And what if somebody wanted to take advantage of that situation to further his own goals? Especially someone like the no goodnik Quinn

Edited by OneShotTC

Whee, I just finished BH Tatooine which means I got to read a new story!

@alaurin, the downsides of being a cat person! And I thought the fur alone was bad...

Stars, I don’t know whether I should be turned on or afraid for my life!

Ah, the eternal lament of the NPC viewing the PC.

@marissalf, aieee, the reveal! Also, Gault's

“Great. A house full of brain sucking bugs. It’s like you snuck a peek at my birthday wish list.”
was perfect.

@Adwynyth, Mako's recap and Swaindrix's failure to pay attention were amazing. And I can just see her snapping over somebody questioning her usefulness. The pink ink was a nice touch.

@Yoshi, it takes a brave man to try to teach Lord Scourge anything, patience included. So worth it.

@Eversteam, Corso would never understand Audra's reasoning in declining to have her leg fixed. He may love her but he won't understand.

@OneShotTC, ahaha!

„Well my Lord, looks like I should have planned this better.“

I never, ever tire of hearing that. I'm really enjoying the mental image of Pierce flipping Quinn's holovid collection into disarray. Meanwhile, Vicki Vale might be safer going back to reporting on the Batman...terrifying though that fact is.

Index is caught up!

@marissalf: I'm going to echo Adwynyth's sentiment.....Oh, Melodai, sh*t definitely got real!!!

Hehe, Xenobiology is indeed fun! :p Its been a while since I've played a BH and I was worried I wouldn't do Gault justice....I am glad to hear that I did alright, thanks!!

@Kabeone: Thanks! I am so glad to hear people are enjoying Bella and Mallay. I am hoping to get the next installment in their thread posted this evening. Things haven't changed much from when they were kids....Bella is still a bit boy crazy and teases Mallay. Mallay did eventually discover boys though and she wasn't too concerned with germs when Jorgan gave her a happy birthday! :D As for Kat, she is very open about herself and felt Mako deserved a fair warning of what was to come. I'm glad her story was good for some laughs. I may write more on her.....I need to play her in game some more to get the feel for the BH companions again.

@EverSteam:

'I'm doing what I can out here for you, Audra,' Corso mumbles to the wall. 'I hope it's enough. I hope it reaches you. And I never thought I'd say it, Captain, but I don't want to see you tomorrow.'
Loved that line.....poor Corso, I'm glad he is helping people find closure, but I am sure its taking a toll on him. I liked the conversation while they did dishes, a few giggles until the end....poor Audra, I can understand her not wanting to talk about it and why she wouldn't want her leg fixed.

Also,

alaurin: I agree with marissalf; that line was so very Gault! I think one of the things that annoyed me most about the BH line was that Gault isn't a romance option! That part where he joins the crew and when you get back to the ship is so promisingly suggestive that I also went and wrote a fic on it.

The mating cycle also made a lot of sense. I like it

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes Gault was a romance option and yes, I know what part you are talking about.....so much wasted potential! :eek: I'll have to look through the index and find your BH fling with Gault!!! I'm glad the mating cycle made sense....totally made that up!

@Adwynyth: *sigh* Big brave Swaindrix saves Mako......warm fuzzies!!!!!!! Also, she really stuck it to Gault didn't she and

He read further. "Launder Swaindrix’s shorts? The hell I’m touching those things."
there went my coffee!!

I'm glad Kat's story was good for some giggles and yeah, Mako is going to need some bleach for her mind and some serious therapy when Kat's cycle is finally over! :p

@Stirges: hehe, I have a cat and a dog and after seeing some of the things they like to sniff, I don't think I want their sense of smell! Interesting thought though......

@Frauzet: Thanks! I'm glad the mating cycle made sense and was somewhat believable....I completely made it up and was worried it would sound too far fetched. Kat hasn't gotten to Belsavis yet and her cycle comes every three months so......hrmmmm, guess Gault might get another round after all because I can't see Torian handling Kat very well.

@DarthSillyMonkey: hey, Gault's not so bad.....she could've done worse. :p Gault is my favorite BH companion. Glad you got some laughs out of Kat's story and yes, poor Mako is really going to need to bleach her mind after Kat's cycle is over!!

@Yoshi: Oh, I definitely think Scourge likes killing other Sith. I liked his interaction with Jasin. :D

@OneShotTC: I'm enjoying your stories and

„Sweetcakes, Khem Val is currently building some Level 50 Color Crystals and Talos is out on a Treasure Hunt Mission for Gemstones. Oh and before you ask, Andronikos, Ashara and Xalek are busy too and you don’t want to send HK-51 - remember last time he was unsupervised? So, get your lazy a** up Mr. Emperors Wrath and get me eggs and apples … NOW!“
this made me giggle!

**Edit: GAH Bright....you snuck one in there while I was typing! I'm glad you could read it....YAY!!! Hope you enjoyed it. Yeah, the fur would definitely be....errr.....interesting to put up with, probably good to have in those cold climates though! :D

Edited by alaurin

Apparently piling on stories to put the indexing behind, Mellekor and Ananz (Darth Imperius) in Allies. Set some time after Act 3 (and Vette and Mellekor's parting of ways), when Vette is regularly in Ananz's company. Spoilers for the Ilum planetary questline. 1200 words.

The call to Ilum had been broadcast widely enough. Mellekor should not have been surprised that, when he and Jaesa reached the coordinator Grand Moff Regus, he found Darth Imperius there as well. The Twi'lek had Vette at his side. The sight made Mellekor uneasy, and uneasiness made him angry.

“I am relieved you’re both here,” said the grey-bearded human to the ranking Sith. He clung to his cold command as if he weren’t in the presence of two beings who could obliterate him with a thought. Mellekor allowed him his dignity. "We have one more to join us today." He activated the holo and brought up, after a few long seconds of static, the image of Darth Malgus.

"Our own wanderer," said Imperius, straightening up a little. "I should have guessed we'd finally meet you in the middle of nowhere."

"I go where strategy demands," said Malgus. "Imperius. Wrath." Mellekor's awe of the man had diminished somewhat since the Emperor had raised Mellekor to equal footing, but he offered a little bow nevertheless. "I'm here to observe today."

Mellekor felt a little pang of disappointment. "Not on the ground yourself, Malgus? How unlike you."

"As I said. I go where strategy demands. Moff Regus, you may continue with the briefing."

"Very well. Before his death, the Jedi commander on Ilum ordered an army of Kaleesh mercenaries to take our only functioning crystal mine. These crystals are the basis of priceless tech that we cannot get elsewhere. We need those crystals. We need that mine. I want the Republic's Kaleesh army destroyed. Show the galaxy the price of allying with the Republic."

"The whole army," Imperius said languidly. "That's just marvelous. Mellekor, do you want the front half or the back half?"

"Enough sarcasm," said Regus, scowling.

"It's a point," said Malgus. "Your plan hardly seems efficient. The victory on Corellia cost us nearly a tenth of our forces. That's hardly a rate of attrition we can support, is it?"

The bearded human glowered. "Does this have something to do with the mission, Malgus?"

"The Kaleesh are a warlike, ritualistic people. In my brief time on Kalee I observed the ritual by which they chose their war leader. Challenge their general. Win their respect, and they will defend that mine to the death. For the Empire."

Regus was quickly turning red. "Aliens!" The fool stood before a Twi'lek and a Zabrak and had the gall to go on. "You want us to recruit aliens?"

"Aliens have all sorts of uses," Imperius said cheerfully. "Or so I'm told." Jaesa snickered.

Fools on one side, idiots on the other. "More to the point," Mellekor said to Malgus, "you want us to crawl through their requirements when we could as easily sweep them aside? I admire your usual direct approach, Malgus; I must question the advantage of this one."

"It would be a waste of resources to just wipe them out. If we don't bolster our forces, there will be no future for the Empire. But I am out of time. Go to the mine. If you judge it practical, gather the weapons of the Kaleesh warriors, and plant them in the ice to initiate the rite of challenge." His holo fuzzed out.

Regus turned away from the holo with a gesture of dismissal that would have cost him dearly had the target been there to see it. "Or just bring me their general's head," he said. "Rather than trusting the Empire to mercenary freaks."

"Mercenary freaks might jazz up the place," said Imperius. "Just a thought."

Regus's contribution was over. "Leave us," said Mellekor, and turned to Imperius. "You mean to show up as a representative of the Empire and kowtow to them?"

"Beating the living daylights out of their general isn't what I would call kowtowing in the strictest sense."

“They're mercenaries who sold themselves to the Republic for a pittance. We don’t need their kind.”

“Do you believe that, or are you just joining the anti-alien bandwagon?” Mellekor didn't dignify that with a response. Imperius pressed on. "You must understand why you and I should be doing everything we can to help these people. Especially if it’s a chance that benefits us."

There was a term he hadn't heard used yet. "'Help' them? Why bother?"

"These are warriors born and bred, they just need the chance to pick the right side."

"Pick? Or get swept into by circumstance? You and I earned our place here. They haven't."

"We got the chance to earn a place because of something that was just given to us. We only started out ahead through dumb luck."

"There's no such thing as luck. Our power is the will of the Force."

"I wouldn't expect you to be abdicating responsibility to a blind tool."

"You think it's a mere tool?" The delusion of one who had not been raised Sith, not been raised to understand. "Just because you cannot comprehend its path doesn't mean it is blind. Our power is our pride and our right, Imperius. Don't waste it weeping for others."

"Hey," said Vette. "Guys?"

Both Sith turned to face her.

"Just a thought, but maybe not slaughtering them all might be, you know, fun. For novelty's sake."

Mellekor studied her face. She seemed sincere. Well, for Vette definitions of sincere. And, as so often in their past, it was to object to him. "Agreeing with Darth Malgus?" he said. "Vette, you surprise me."

"And you're disagreeing." She shrugged. "Funny ol' world. Now I love a good bloodbath as much as the next girl…" she eyed Jaesa and seemed to catch herself…"well, almost as much as the next girl, but the challenge thing is a lot faster than the other option, and I for one would like to make it back to base before the gourmet hot-meals line closes down. …Call that one an application of the 'technically slightly better than nothing' principle.”

Mellekor scowled. The challenge would be faster than a full-on assault, and would save some energy for other pursuits. His months of work alone – or rather, with Jaesa – had accustomed him to the bluntest ways of power; they sufficed. But this once, perhaps, he could make an exception.

"We challenge them, then," said Mellekor. "Anything else might come out to a waste of effort." Vette gave no immediate reaction but for the light in her eyes. It justified his decision.

Jaesa, dutifully if uncharacteristically quiet thus far, sneered. “That's it? We join forces with these petty mercenaries?”

“Not now, my flame,” said Mellekor.

“Ah. I forgot, you lose your nerve when she’s around.”

“Mind your tongue,” snapped Mellekor. “We will take them as allies. And you will earn it.”

“Excuse me?” said Imperius. “An apprentice? Even if she has a lord’s rank, it should be you or I challenging their leader, and I’m the one most accustomed to leading mixed teams. Or teams at all.”

“She is ready,” said Mellekor. “And I hope this will satisfy you for a few moments, Jaesa. It is an honor I offer.”

She licked her lips and smiled. “I will take it. And repay your trust.”

“I have a bad feeling about this,” said Vette.

Edited by bright_ephemera

I didn't know you knew me to go anywhere else ;)

Just wanted you to know the shots are still landing on-target. :D

Adwynyth: Torian... *runs away crying*

I want to say Gault didn't deserve any of it as well but... he really did :D

Buh-wha? What did I do to Torian?

And oh yes, Gault deserved every bit of it. He still rubs his head as an unconscious habit whenever Mako gives him a dirty look.

Hee hee! Love the dishwashing bit, and her predictive questions all being wrong. :D

...especially from Adwynyth. Your stories regularly bring a smile and more to my face (fortunately I got my own office).

Thankee! :p I aim to please. (Well, and commit shenanigans.)

Ahahahahahaha! There's nothing I don't love about the Trasher/Te'la piece. Force lightning as the Sith couple's "the look"... :D And of course, Quinn torture is always welcome.

Whee, I just finished BH Tatooine which means I got to read a new story!
Wheeeeeeeee! Hurry hurry hurry hurry. :D The best is yet to come. (And I admit I've been holding back a bit on the late-game stuff just for you and the others who haven't played BH all the way through yet. Don't wanna write a bunch of stuff you can't read. :p)

@Adwynyth, Mako's recap and Swaindrix's failure to pay attention were amazing. And I can just see her snapping over somebody questioning her usefulness. The pink ink was a nice touch.

Thankee! :p I thought that and her "heart for an 'o'" would be strictly out of habit and delightfully at odds with her whole little blow-up. :D

@Adwynyth: *sigh* Big brave Swaindrix saves Mako......warm fuzzies!!!!!!! Also, she really stuck it to Gault didn't she and there went my coffee!!

After she saves him in the first place by knocking him out of the way. :p The courage flows both ways. :o

And obviously, if those three were out, you know who was back at the ship. ;)

WHEEEEE! Mission accomplished! Coffee targeted. :D

"The whole army," Imperius said languidly. "That's just marvelous. Mellekor, do you want the front half or the back half?"

Bahahahahhaha!

And SQUEE batsh*t-insane DS Jaesa! :D I love her so.

Does Mellekor take them both around with him as the proverbial angel and devil on his shoulder? :rak_03:

And SQUEE batsh*t-insane DS Jaesa! :D I love her so.

Does Mellekor take them both around with him as the proverbial angel and devil on his shoulder? :rak_03:

Mellekor did just that, until the angel quit her job and walked off on the grounds that watching a DS Sith do his thing up close was miserable. Mellekor has not yet found a satisfactory substitute angel. Actually he's been bad about replacing missing crew in general; I believe Lieutenant Pierce is the most merciful, restrained individual left on his staff.

...my goodness, does that have possibilities. :jawa_evil:

Mellekor did just that, until the angel quit her job and walked off on the grounds that watching a DS Sith do his thing up close was miserable. Mellekor has not yet found a satisfactory substitute angel. Actually he's been bad about replacing missing crew in general; I believe Lieutenant Pierce is the most merciful, restrained individual left on his staff.

...my goodness, does that have possibilities. :jawa_evil:

Then...she came back? The original piece says she left somewhere Act 2-ish, and this is Ilum. Sooo...

Just can't stay away from the crazy, can she? :D

I'm like 40 posts behind so I'm not even going to try with comments or replies. Because I am terrible like that :rak_01:

Character: Ayrs (T)

Notes: Set 15ish years after Corellia. Mild, mostly implied, spoilers about Ayrs' story post in-game

I stretched out my leg; chilly mornings like this one always made it feel stiff and painful, and it was hard enough keeping my personal physician convinced I was capable of the kind of stunts required by my missions as it was. Getting old, Ayrs, getting old. I hoped I didn’t end up looking like Uncle Demetrius any time soon.

Elara was doing her best to keep the kids in order, but I still felt a bit guilty about letting my old injury leave her hanging. “Diomedes Martell. You are not to eat any of the sand.” I smiled at that, Dio was as mischevous as his namesake had not been. That trait made things rather difficult when he combined his talent for mayhem with the twins’. “No, Allyssia, you are not permitted to engage in these types of activities!” I turned away, so Elara wouldn’t see me laughing. No need to add another name to her list. No need to encourage The Look.

I felt a tug on my arm, which I pretended not to notice. I had a pretty good idea who it was, and a pretty good idea that I would get dragged into another edition of Story Time. I closed my eyes and grit my teeth as I felt more tugging. “Sir. Mr. Martell, sir.” I closed my eyes a little harder, hoping that maybe the boy would spontaneously combust or be teleported somewhere else through sheer force of will. “Sir, could you tell us a story. Pleeeeeeease?” No luck.

I opened my eyes and turned to face my tormentor. As expected, I found the bright blue eyes of Vymar Anastasian, son of the senator from Commenor, who regularly ambushed me around the district when Elara and I had our family outings. Behind him were several more children, all staring at me in eager anticipation of a story of Republic heroism. Behind them were the ring of parents, looking far too satisfied with having me responsible for taking care of their children instead of them.

Well, let’s get this over with.

“Okay, kids. Let me tell you an exciting story about my diplomatic mission to –“ I couldn’t even finish the sentence before I was shouted down by a chorus of boos. Tough crowd. I tried a different tack. “Alright, let me tell you a story about the heroic Cathar, Aric Jorg-.” More boos drowned me out.

“We don’t want a story about Jorgan.” Vymar made a sour face. “They’re all the same, they always end up with you getting drunk and then getting in trouble with Professor Martell.”

I strongly suspected Elara overheard that comment, judging from the smug look on her face. I'll have to get my revenge. All sorts of plans, some more inappropriate than others, passed through my head, but I had to focus and get my little fan club out of the way first.

“Fine then, Vymar. Let me tell you a story about Tanno Vik, the most surprising man I ever knew.”

I paused, as a wave of cheering passed through the various children. By the Maker… Vymar turned to some of the children in the playground area and shouted, “He’s tellin’ a Tanno story, come and listen!” My eldest son looked up, confused for a moment, before he realized what Vymar meant. More rugrats came pouring out of the woodwork, and even a few adults made their way into the area. I exchanged a look with Elara, who seemed slightly concerned about me, but I gave her a reassuring smile. She returned to managing our own set of troublemakers.

Nervously, I drew my leg back in to let the kids get in closer. “Once upon a time, Tanno arranged for a secret deal with a smuggler known as the Voidwolf…”

Character: Amitia (JK)

Notes: Set post-act 3. No real spoilers, though.

It was incredibly hot on Tython today, made even worse by the lengthy line for the lone ice cream vendor near the Temple. It was good of them to let Guss Tuno expand his franchise here, but couldn't they have let him have more than one location?. I sighed and exchanged a look with Kira and T7, who looked equally annoyed.

The line shifted forward slightly, prompting a loud groan from my partner. "I'm going to just find us a table, boss. Get me some cookies and cream, will you?" I nodded, despite my frustration that she had thought of an escape before I could. T7 beeped a few times, too fast for me to comprehend. I gave him a reassuring smile, to be safe.

"Next!" I didn't like the look that the Devaronian behind the counter was giving us; like a butcher surveying some choice cuts of meat.

There was a gentle tapping on my arm; I turned and found myself staring at air. Once my brain had caught up, I looked down and discovered a male Twi'lek padawan, probably no older than ten, staring up at me. His eyes went big when he realized he had my attention. "Wow! You're the Hero of Tython!"

I smiled at him. "Yes, what's your name?"

He launched himself in the air, loudly proclaiming. "I am Archiban Frodrick Kimble, greatest doctor in the galaxy!" I stood there, dumbfounded, as he reached into his pack and removed a prosthetic moustache, affixing it to his face.

T7 let out a mournful wail. "T7+ fan of Doc = incompatible // T7 = needs to release hydraulic fluids to maintain equilibrium." I nodded sagely as he trundled off; I was feeling rather nauseous myself.

Maybe it was just the heat, but sometimes I wondered if being the most famous Jedi of my generation was worth the cost.

Character: Amurri (BH)

Prompt: First Impressions

Notes: Class story crossover! Amurri and Jorgan connect here. Amurri's "client from Nar Shaddaa" story is here

Alderaan was a mess, all of the petty nobles squabbling over scraps while the average person scrambled to get by. Certainly not the kind of place I'd have thought appropriate for meeting the man from HoloHarmony. Especially not when he's Republic.

Still...I was intrigued. Once I got past his ridiculous screen name, Aric Jorgan seemed like a good enough prospect, especially with his knowledge of small arms and heavy ordinance alike. Not much of a conversationalist, but - as Mako was always reminding me - neither was I. Hard enough to find a good man as a bounty hunter, anyway.

I glanced at my chronometer. He was late by thirty six seconds already, not a good first sign. Time is money. I slid my glass back to the bartender and nodded almost imperceptibly when he gestured with the bottle. He had just finished pouring my drink when he looked over my shoulder and grunted. Jorgan is here.

My heart beat a little faster as I turned to look at him. After catching his eye, I waved slightly. There was something familiar about him; I hadn't seen many Cathar in my travels so far, but I definitely recognized him. He smiled - well, bared his teeth, more like - and moved towards me.

It wasn't until he was only a few feet away when I realized why I recognized him.

Mako and I had surveilled the client from Nar Shaddaa after the job, and had discovered he had a Cathar in his squad. A Cathar that looked remarkably like Aric Jorgan.

Kark.

Edited by Lesaberisa

Then...she came back? The original piece says she left somewhere Act 2-ish, and this is Ilum. Sooo...

Just can't stay away from the crazy, can she? :D

The crazy follows Vette no matter what :D She left Mellekor during Act 2, he sought her out to protect her in Act 3 while you-know-who was merrily smashing his support base and anything he might find valuable, she left him again as soon as things were clear. Because, you know, evil. She met Ananz on her own time and after several months of usually-less-fatal activity came to Ilum in his company. (These things sound so simple in my head...) Mellekor knows she's been associating with Ananz, but this is the first time he's seen her in person since the end of his class line.

And, of course, he's too busy Sithing it up to get sentimental. Unless altering one's battle plans to suit someone else's preference counts as sentimental. Which, come to think of it, it is for the less emotionally conversant half of my characters...

Aaaanyway, haha, Ayrs in a small sea of rapt children. And poor Teeseven! While Kira's getting a cookies and cream he's left tossing his cookies over this monstrous little Doc fan. Meanwhile, I can see Jorgan showing up no more than a minute late. That job history, though...definitely one of those situations you don't want to have to explain to the other guy.

"Mercenary freaks might jazz up the place," said Imperius. "Just a thought."
This line made me giggle. I haven't played with a DS Jaesa yet, but my husband did and I can only imagine what having to deal with her and Vette would be like.

After she saves him in the first place by knocking him out of the way. :p The courage flows both ways. :o

And obviously, if those three were out, you know who was back at the ship. ;)

WHEEEEE! Mission accomplished! Coffee targeted. :D

This is true, Mako did save him first.....so yeah, she's a hero too!

Wait, did I just hear Gault is alone on the ship? Hmmmm, maybe time for round 2....

See, sister dearest, that's what you're supposed to do with a man when the two of you are alone on a ship. You should pay attention and take notes.

Stars, Bella, is that really all you think about?! Besides, I'm not a virgin, you know....I just don't know what the big deal is about sex.

I do more than just think about it, sis, maybe you should too......I'll bet my best blaster Jorgan could show you what the big deal is about!

“We don’t want a story about Jorgan.” Vymar made a sour face. “They’re all the same, they always end up with you getting drunk and then getting in trouble with Mrs. Martell.”

There goes my diet coke......

Oh, and that little boy pretending to be Doc....priceless and disturbing at the same time! That poor kid...

Amurri and Jorgan.....that is going to be interesting to watch play out!

Edited by alaurin

Buh-wha? What did I do to Torian?

Nothing, he was just there... being happy as he should be. ;)

Hee hee! Love the dishwashing bit, and her predictive questions all being wrong. :D

:D

Also, THANK YOU!!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes Gault was a romance option and yes, I know what part you are talking about.....so much wasted potential! :eek: I'll have to look through the index and find your BH fling with Gault!!! I'm glad the mating cycle made sense....totally made that up!

It's a little unfair really but let's not go there and open that can of worms ;)

It was pre my posting here. Here's a link ;)http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=512127

Made up or not it was believable :D

@Eversteam, Corso would never understand Audra's reasoning in declining to have her leg fixed. He may love her but he won't understand.

He wouldn't and part of her would know that but it's still a terribly sad thing to know the person you love and who loves you will never entirely understand you.

Mellekor studied her face. She seemed sincere. Well, for Vette definitions of sincere.

I had to 'tee-hee' a little at this :D

Obviously he came to the mart to watch the humiliation of Trasher and gloat over it afterwards (maybe even use the opportunity and buy some Correlian Brandy for his private gloat&victory party).

I'm sure he would still have some brandy left over from last (doezen) try(s) ;)

There was a gentle tapping on my arm; I turned and found myself staring at air. Once my brain had caught up, I looked down and discovered a male Twi'lek padawan, probably no older than ten, staring up at me. His eyes went big when he realized he had my attention. "Wow! You're the Hero of Tython!"

I smiled at him. "Yes, what's your name?"

He launched himself in the air, loudly proclaiming. "I am Archiban Frodrick Kimble, greatest doctor in the galaxy!" I stood there, dumbfounded, as he reached into his pack and removed a prosthetic moustache, affixing it to his face.

This was too funny. :D

I turned away, so Elara wouldn’t see me laughing. No need to add another name to her list. No need to encourage The Look.

Never been married, but I know that feeling. :D

The crazy follows Vette no matter what :D

[...]

And, of course, he's too busy Sithing it up to get sentimental.

Hee hee! "Back to Sith business...grrrr!" Thankee for the explanation. :p

Wait, did I just hear Gault is alone on the ship? Hmmmm, maybe time for round 2....

Uh yeah...Round 2, right. Come on up and we can get started.

What? You know full well that was another Gault.

Shut up! You trying to spoil my fun?

Want me to tell Mako where you hid the plasma torch?

*sigh*

Nothing, he was just there... being happy as he should be. ;)

Ohhhhhhh....that's right. No spoilers here, but I know what you mean. :D

Adwynyth: Mmmm, popcorn. I had an absurdly large grin on my face reading this (at home, thank goodness with only my kid to ask what I was smiling about). Both Gault and Mako were great. Love the pink ink and the heart for “o”. I can just picture the note and it was so very Mako.

Everstream:

'Because I like my limp just fine the way it is. I shall limp towards my destiny in a very unheroic fashion,'
I have no idea why I like this line so much. Even though Audra later says she hates it (her limp, that is), I don't think she’s lying to Corso when she says this.

The Voss always made me think of tropical fish, and the Gormak of kappa, at least physically.

OneShotTC: Attack of Star Wars paparazzi! An of course Quinn would be the one to organize it.

BrightEphemera: Vette-Mellekor-Ananz stories are always a great read. I suspect Vette is right in her bad feeling. DS Jaesa is bad news. The thought of Pierce as the most stable, merciful, and normal person of the remaining crew is chilling enough.

Lesaberisa: “Don’t eat the sand” *snerk* This phrase comes only from a parent. Loved story time. And Doc, jr (complete with moustache). Sounds like HoloHarmony needs a slightly better matching algorithm. Or Amurri ought to have Mako check her dates.

Character: Amurri (BH)

Prompt: First Impressions

Notes: Class story crossover! Amurri and Jorgan connect here. Amurri's "client from Nar Shaddaa" story is here

Alderaan was a mess, all of the petty nobles squabbling over scraps while the average person scrambled to get by. Certainly not the kind of place I'd have thought appropriate for meeting the man from HoloHarmony. Especially not when he's Republic.

Still...I was intrigued. Once I got past his ridiculous screen name, Aric Jorgan seemed like a good enough prospect, especially with his knowledge of small arms and heavy ordinance alike. Not much of a conversationalist, but - as Mako was always reminding me - neither was I. Hard enough to find a good man as a bounty hunter, anyway.

I glanced at my chronometer. He was late by thirty six seconds already, not a good first sign. Time is money. I slid my glass back to the bartender and nodded almost imperceptibly when he gestured with the bottle. He had just finished pouring my drink when he looked over my shoulder and grunted. Jorgan is here.

My heart beat a little faster as I turned to look at him. After catching his eye, I waved slightly. There was something familiar about him; I hadn't seen many Cathar in my travels so far, but I definitely recognized him. He smiled - well, bared his teeth, more like - and moved towards me.

It wasn't until he was only a few feet away when I realized why I recognized him.

Mako and I had surveilled the client from Nar Shaddaa after the job, and had discovered he had a Cathar in his squad. A Cathar that looked remarkably like Aric Jorgan.

Kark.

Okay, so I didn't read this earlier and I just did...and I realized that somehow, through some odd time-warp or deja vu, or something, I have read the last few paragraphs of this story before! :eek: