Newest cheat by Imps in Huttball.

Metalmac

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Imps on my server are getting the Huttball then all drop group but the guy with Huttball and win.

Well play a evil piece of crap character and I guess it makes you behave like a evil piece of crap in real life.

First of all, insults do not help your argument....

Second you are proposing the concerted effort is to boost one player's comms, not the teams....

Third, I suppose that you don't realize that pugs will be funneled to this wz, unless of course your server has a horrid imbalance to the republic side, meaning that your "team" of imperials are the only people queing wz.....

Solution is to drop the wz, as soon as you see the message that it will close due to imbalance, keep 2 in and everyone reque once out, your equiv of the mara and sorc should outspeed to the ball and if not the mara equiv can force charge the opposition keeping him off the ball... The game being 2 v 1 may stop the timer and even if it doesn't you still get the ball, your team reques and funnels back in to get the dauntless medals and the win.

cheat countered.

Do people realize grabbing the ball before the enemy does is a good idea in any Huttball game to begin with? I don't recommend opening every game with a gimmick Force Speed + Predation all out blitz but it's certainly not a bad way to start the game, and certainly if the described scenario happened to me a few times I'll definitely do the Force Speed + Predation blitz every single time to be safe because it's not a particularly weak opening even if it turns out the game did not end.

This is a lot like the folks who afk to get their dailies. It's inferior to actually trying to win the right way, but they think they're smart in gaming the system. I'd say that they're only hurting themselves, but of course in these days of only getting a WZ pop every 20 minutes to an hour it ruins the play for the rest of us. I suggest reporting it. Not much else you can do.

The Imps on my server are getting the Huttball then all drop group but the guy with Huttball and win.

Well play a evil piece of crap character and I guess it makes you behave like a evil piece of crap in real life.

Dear OP

There are no Imps. They don't exist. The emperor did not return and command his loyal minions to cheat at huttball. There was no message broadcast, no faction-wide plan. There is no sith class quest to own noobs by exploiting. You were exploited by players. Players like the ones that play other games. Players like the ones that rolled republic. Just players, not Imps. And not a large group of players either. At most 8. Probably 4. 4 people do not represent Imps. Being butthurt over your real-life roleplay confusion just makes you look foolish. Please delete immediately.

This isn't even much of an exploit, because it only works when queues are empty. Also, your team is bad if it can't stop 1 guy.

Edited by Ahhmyface

This isn't even much of an exploit, because it only works when queues are empty. Also, your team is bad if it can't stop 1 guy.

I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON.

If 8 people are on the opposing team and at 15s before the doors open 7 of them drop, the 30s end of match counter starts going off. So the Sage/Sorc whatever has speed burst ability now has 15s to get to the ball after the doors open which is enough time to grab it before the game ends. As soon as the Hutt Ball is grabbed, the team that is holding it at the end of the match wins. Do you see this or not how it's impossible to stop someone grabbing the ball and the game ending 2s after the ball is picked up? Do you think you can run up to that person and focus fire him down through their bubble in 2s before the match ends?

Honestly if people are crazy enough to have 7 guys drop to get one guy a win, they'd be better off in any of the maps but Huttball because in Huttball, the more guys you have the more likely you'll grab the ball firs to get the tiebreaker. Classes with Force Speed aren't exactly hard to find. In the other 3 WZs, it's practically impossible to gain any tiebreaker point in such a described situation so you've a guaranteed 50% chance to win even in a 1on8, whereas your chance of winning a Huttball 1on8 is considerably less than 50% even if all you need to do is grab the ball.

I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON.

If 8 people are on the opposing team and at 15s before the doors open 7 of them drop, the 30s end of match counter starts going off. So the Sage/Sorc whatever has speed burst ability now has 15s to get to the ball after the doors open which is enough time to grab it before the game ends. As soon as the Hutt Ball is grabbed, the team that is holding it at the end of the match wins. Do you see this or not how it's impossible to stop someone grabbing the ball and the game ending 2s after the ball is picked up? Do you think you can run up to that person and focus fire him down through their bubble in 2s before the match ends?

No, it is you who doesn't understand what is going on.

The moment 7 people leave, queue pops are going off. The odds of people joining and resetting the countdown are quite high, unless you're the only 8 queuing.

Yes, it's quite easy to stop that person. 8 people vs 1. That 1 person won't be faster than you, and will get instagibbed. Your team is bad if he even gets the ball.

Let's examine the rewards too, shall we? 8 people get credit for 1 warzone, and 30 comms. 1 person gets 60 comms and 2 warzone credit. Who won this tradeoff? I'll let you decide.

Edited by Ahhmyface

The moment 7 people leave, queue pops are going off. The odds of people joining and resetting the countdown are quite high, unless you're the only 8 queuing.

Yes, it's quite easy to stop that person. 8 people vs 1. That 1 person won't be faster than you, and will get instagibbed. Your team is bad if he even gets the ball.

Let's examine the rewards too, shall we? 8 people get credit for 1 warzone, and 30 comms. 1 person gets 60 comms and 2 warzone credit. Who won this tradeoff? I'll let you decide.

That's how I saw it. I kept thinking maybe I missed something from the OP. Isn't only one person benefitting from this?

That's how I saw it. I kept thinking maybe I missed something from the OP. Isn't only one person benefitting from this?

yep, 1 guy gets about 20 medals for about 10sec effort. I want to play on the server that the cue pops fast enough for this to be a faster way to grind out dailies than just playing the game. They just take turns "being the guy" must be a premaid of all sorcs/mauraders.

in theory if it was instant pops it would take around 10 min to get your entire team of 4 all the dailies and about 60ish medals each, a string of flawless victories. Will be a popular strategy once rated goes live if not fixed by then.

also props to bio-ware for holding rated back just to catch crap like this, very much against popular opinion

I can almost guarantee that 8 people won't be on the ball carrier and kill them in 2s since the ball carrier would have been at the ball faster that 3/4 of the opposing team. Also, how fast do you think people join a warzone when their queue pops? You might get 2-3 other people in under the 30s, but 4 people in a warzone will still cause the warzone to shut down. Also, I am sure it boils down to luck on them pulling it off to not get more than 4 people in for that 30s.