Body types fail? Yet another game forced to be female.

OuroborosX

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

male body 2 looks amazing with gear on, don't let the looks of the starting character fool you. with some higher level armor on it looks really good. Body 3 on the other hand looks better at the start, but silly with armor on.

Can you provide a link to a screenshot showing this? It's not a challenge or anything, it's just that I've honestly had zero success finding any image that supports your claim and would be interested in seeing one.

The following image, for example, shows two troopers of body type 2 and 3 fighting side by side.

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/trooper-6

(use the fullscreen option for a better view)

Body type 2 (in the foreground) simply looks too scrawny to me, especially when you take into account that he's padded in armor which is adding to his mass. Body type 3 (the middle one) doesn't look nearly as bad in his armor (but is still 7+ feet tall). This seems to be exactly the opposite of your claim.

Of course, everyone has a different opinion on aesthetics. But I would like to point out that every single beta phase you could immediately find many, many threads in the feedback forum complaining about the body type choices. And a majority of those complaints always requested the same thing: give us something between male 2 and male 3. It was always, without fail, the single most requested change regarding character art.

And it went completely unanswered.

So, it's not like the original poster is just tossing out opinions nobody else shares. People were upset about this for a long time, a lot of people. This is not a new complaint by any stretch of the imagination.

i agree in character creation Bioware failed miserably where is the detailed character creation we asked for in the poll and the hair looks like that of an action figure not that of a liveing being sorry Bioware even lotro has more realistic hair then you did the person responsible for this should be transferred and someone with experience on that field should take over

I said it before and i will say so again character creation is the most important thing in the old republic if you do not change that allot of people will not subscribe and thats what you need subscribers so do us all a favor redo the charcter creation to a standard of sto the hero engine should be capable to do this if the designer in charge can live up to the task

Again a game where you are pretty muh forced to go female to make a good looking character. THe problem here is actually so fundemental you cant even start MAKING a male character because of body type.

Male bodytypes:

1: Skinny little kid

2: Anorexic hunger starvation victim of a male

3: Hulk Hogan on steroids

4: Human Jabba the hut

Was it really that hard to add a NORMAL male model? Am i overreacting or do you guys agree? >.<

You just like to be a girl! Men who play female characters BOTHER me! Would you go outside dressed like a woman (if so feel free to roll a female) otherwise stop pretending to be a girl.

I don't want to hear " I just want to look at a cartoon female butt when i play" cause it's a lame excuse.

p.s your welcome for hijacking this thread=)

Edited by chumbucket

I guess if they taking ideas from their other games, they will copy the one from Warhammer and later down the line allow you to change to your look. you could do it in swg too.

I can only recall one game forcing anyone to be a female, Witch Elf, Warhammer. ;)

You know what is the most stupid thing in the MMO genre?

The game with the least need for it has the best (human) character generator ever seen in MMOs to date.

Guess which game I'm talking about?

I agree with you on that for that much time they have invested in doing this mmo they gave us a spartan character creation well if they want to loose money this the right way to do it in the poll over 9000 community members asked for a detailed character creation and what i see is far far away from this goal I just state my opinion here no offence to anyone witch I am allowed to do

Edited by bloomfireblade

I must say I wasnt happy with Body 2 as a bounty hunter its not the body itself number 2 actually its quite fit its just the Bounty Hunter armor and the whole class setting doesnt fit that body it feels like number 3 was made to be the BH as a human at least.

This made me reroll the same class luckily I was only lvl 15.

I agree with you on that for that much time they have invested in doing this mmo they gave us a spartan character creation well if they want to loose money this the right way to do it in the poll over 9000 community members asked for a detailed character creation and what i say is far far away from this goal I just state my opinion here no offence to anyone witch I am allowed to do

You didn't make a guess! No cookies for you!

You didn't make a guess! No cookies for you!

i did not ask for cookies i just stated that the character creation does not meet the MMO standards if i do a next Generation MMO i can expect a next generation Character Creation its a shame that this has not been done before launch but we have to live with it cause bioware thinks this is good enough well accept it or ask Mr Reid and Co if this will be changed I did but i doubt i get a response too sad :(

sorry but bio ware could do a character creator that would meet the standarts for the old republic i just checked you tube for mass effect character creation and I ask myself why could they do such a detailed charcter creation for that MMO and Mass effect is not a next generation mmo why i am so anoying on this matter is because the character creation is the key element in every mmo The Old Republic deserved better and I hope the moderators of this site will read the post we do and consider a redoing of this aspect and soon

Ok I got bored waiting for guesses.

Go check EVE Online's character creation. You can start a free trial just to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9wJZ4e37bI

That is how character creation should be in any MMO seriously calling itself an "AAA" title.

And the most laughable part? 99% of the time playing you will be watching your spaceship instead of your Avatar.

Ok I got bored waiting for guesses.

Go check EVE Online's character creation. You can start a free trial just to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9wJZ4e37bI

That is how character creation should be in any MMO seriously calling itself an "AAA" title.

And the most laughable part? 99% of the time playing you will be watching your spaceship instead of your Avatar.

You cannot compare the character creation of EVE Online with the creation in games like SWTOR. In EVE you can run around a station a bit, but most of the time you just see a picture of yourself while sitting in your pod. I don't even want to imagine the lag a character creation like that would result in when applied to SWTOR.

Don't get me wrong, i really like the creation in EVE, but i think it's just not for games with more direct action. Actually you cannot compare the actual character creation, but you'd have to compare the character creation of SWTOR with the options to modify the appearance of your ship in EVE. And we all know that there's not much that EVE has to offer ;-)

Back to SWTOR: A point i already adressed in the beta is, that for the Male 1 model the head just doesn't fit. It looks like a baloon because the size isn't adjusted.

Other than that i'm pretty happy with the char generation.

Cheers!

You cannot compare the character creation of EVE Online with the creation in games like SWTOR. In EVE you can run around a station a bit, but most of the time you just see a picture of yourself while sitting in your pod. I don't even want to imagine the lag a character creation like that would result in when applied to SWTOR.

Don't get me wrong, i really like the creation in EVE, but i think it's just not for games with more direct action. Actually you cannot compare the actual character creation, but you'd have to compare the character creation of SWTOR with the options to modify the appearance of your ship in EVE. And we all know that there's not much that EVE has to offer ;-)

Back to SWTOR: A point i already adressed in the beta is, that for the Male 1 model the head just doesn't fit. It looks like a baloon because the size isn't adjusted.

Other than that i'm pretty happy with the char generation.

Cheers!

Fair enough. MMOs cannot have complicated character generation or it will be unplayable, right?

WRONG

For appetizer from all the way back to 2003 - I present you with the character creator for Star Wars Galaxies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Con0402Ho

That's eight years ago. Funny how some aspects of games only go backwards, isn't it?

But let's not stop here. This _is_ 2011 after all, so let's check it out what other MMO companies are doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPs6xaJEuBE

After watching those two, please tell me again the reason why SWTOR has such ****** options for character creation?

The only flaw i see is that body types also determine how tall the person is.

Muscular CAN be shorter than 2m and the athletic CAN be over 1.56m high !!

The NR.3 makes you look like "......hmmmm......eehhh.......hummm.....me is hungry .......me like fight"

Basically NR.3 makes you look like overgrown hillbilly with 40 IQ.

Wow, you still complaining about the second body type?

Have you tried undressing him? Hell, I wish most of the guys were that "skinny"..

Undressing males is not something I like to do on my free time, but guess everyone has their own favourite pastimes.