New commando help, any guides please?

Hi all I rolled a commando trooper and scound smuggler and l am leveling both of them up as we speak. I have been hunting the web for suggested rotations, leveling talents, leveling as gunnery or assault? I'm not coming up with alot here. This is a sharp contrast to my sith warrior. Please can anyone post links to a guide? or even just throw me a few tips? and no reroll doesn't count as a tip.

Easier way to level up a commando is gunnery. Stop using explosive round when you unlock charged bolts, stop to use charged bolts when you unlock grav round. Don't only use grav round, but learn to use others skills like HiB and full auto, plus the bumps and grenades. Try to do some pvp as well, since it's rather difficult to learn how to play the class in pvp and will teach you alot about the class' real limits.

About the guides, sorry must of the guide makers are from imperial side, so you probably will have to search for mercenary guides and learn the name of the mirror attacks. For example a guide I like to have as a reference for optimizing my level 50 is this one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1117292-Arsenal-Bounty-Hunter-Are-YOU-Doing-It-Right

Easier way to level up a commando is gunnery. Stop using explosive round when you unlock charged bolts, stop to use charged bolts when you unlock grav round. Don't only use grav round, but learn to use others skills like HiB and full auto, plus the bumps and grenades. Try to do some pvp as well, since it's rather difficult to learn how to play the class in pvp and will teach you alot about the class' real limits.

About the guides, sorry must of the guide makers are from imperial side, so you probably will have to search for mercenary guides and learn the name of the mirror attacks. For example a guide I like to have as a reference for optimizing my level 50 is this one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1117292-Arsenal-Bounty-Hunter-Are-YOU-Doing-It-Right

This is a good reply.

I might add the following caveat however, to Gunnery for leveling. If you are primarily going to level in PvE flashpoints and questing, then Gunnery's just peachy. Tons of fun too. If however you are going to split play time between PvP and PvE (note, not the fastest route to level, as you level slower w PvP than flying through quests and equal or higher-level flashpoints), you may well want to try Pyro out at lower levels. The elemental damage that comes with Plasma cell and the pyro tree is very helpful for damage-based medals, not to mention extremely effective. Gunnery works in PvP, but until you get grav round and the post-30 set of talents it doesn't shine (again PvP-wise only).

Personally, I think if you're going to power-level w PvE content until the 30s, that's a great time to start getting familiar with your Gunnery talents in PvP, as the above poster suggests.

GL, enjoy!