New Sentinel, need help!

SabreNova

Well I decided to make a Sentinel after much debating between Sent and Guard. This was mainly because I heard at 1.3 we'd be getting Character transfers so I could just transfer my Juggernaut (Guardian equivalent) over. I know that Sents are easy to learn/hard to master type class, and the DPS output is amazing as for I've seen. However, I know they are fairly squishy as well...I come from my Vanguard so I'm not really used to frequent deaths but I know that a good Sent could prevent that. Sorry if I sound a bit to nooby, but I could really use help as I'm kinda overwhelmed with sents. I already know my build for quite some time (going up the Watchman tree until its maxed out then I'll see what happens) but I'm confused on the whole centering thing. I know that centering builds when you used moves that spend/generate focus but beyond that I've got no clue. Any real general info on this would be a great help, and also would it be wiser to use T7 or Kira until I get Doc? I plan on romancing Kira if it makes a difference, but I'd prefer living/faster killing to romance until I get the hang of it all.

Any and all help would be great on this!

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry too much. Sents melt faces quickly and you can use either t7 or Kira till doc comes around. As far as centering goes just pop the zen ability once you get 30 and your burns autocrit and heal you a small amount. You'll have a couple def cooldowns that are nice but outside of boss fights or unexpected adds you won't need them.

Yea I think I got the combat specs down for it more or less, and companion wise is there a better one between T7 and kira? I kno that the end fight for JKs u have to use T7 but i just wanna use whichever can help me more and help me run through planets faster.

Nope. If you keep T7 well geared (like I do) you have an excellent tank. For basic mobs its a bit slower then with Kira but when you are dealing with bosses I find having him take the brunt of the damage much more useful.

Yea I think I got the combat specs down for it more or less, and companion wise is there a better one between T7 and kira? I kno that the end fight for JKs u have to use T7 but i just wanna use whichever can help me more and help me run through planets faster.

Ive burned down elites and champs with both(though currently Kira is slightly better geared than T7 i should fix that), and had no problems with either. Kira puts out some solid DPS, and T7 handles aggro like a champ.

Whichever one you have better geared currently, use. You wont notice a huge difference except say on multiple mob groups(fighting 3-4 mobs at once) where t-7 will be a bit slower.

Well I decided to make a Sentinel after much debating between Sent and Guard. This was mainly because I heard at 1.3 we'd be getting Character transfers so I could just transfer my Juggernaut (Guardian equivalent) over. I know that Sents are easy to learn/hard to master type class, and the DPS output is amazing as for I've seen. However, I know they are fairly squishy as well...I come from my Vanguard so I'm not really used to frequent deaths but I know that a good Sent could prevent that. Sorry if I sound a bit to nooby, but I could really use help as I'm kinda overwhelmed with sents. I already know my build for quite some time (going up the Watchman tree until its maxed out then I'll see what happens) but I'm confused on the whole centering thing. I know that centering builds when you used moves that spend/generate focus but beyond that I've got no clue. Any real general info on this would be a great help, and also would it be wiser to use T7 or Kira until I get Doc? I plan on romancing Kira if it makes a difference, but I'd prefer living/faster killing to romance until I get the hang of it all.

Any and all help would be great on this!

Thanks!

I would suggest sent than gardian because it self heals on watchman and it does amazing dps. I go for kira just because i prefer lightsaber than gun but other than that they are even.