The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Relic Question!

Larzi

Please weigh in with your 2 cents because i am torn.

I am a fully speced Vanguard tank with 23,970 hps. I currently have 1 daliy passive dmg relic that has 84 endurance on it and am nearing in on obtaining another relic.

Should i go with a pure tank tank relic (57 endurance, 41 power with a passive chance to shield)

OR

Go with a Power clickie relic that has 84 endurance (which will boost my hps)

Please advise

Please weigh in with your 2 cents because i am torn.

I am a fully speced Vanguard tank with 23,970 hps. I currently have 1 daliy passive dmg relic that has 84 endurance on it and am nearing in on obtaining another relic.

Should i go with a pure tank tank relic (57 endurance, 41 power with a passive chance to shield)

OR

Go with a Power clickie relic that has 84 endurance (which will boost my hps)

Please advise

I think you've answered your own question :) You did say you were a tank so the tanking relic would be the ideal choice.

Getting the 84 end one will also help to generate threat. Sometimes you need JUST a little more aggro when neural jolt and harpoon are down. The DPS spike from the on-demand relics can provide that little ooompf for you. The added HP doesn't hurt either ;)

As for the passive shield chance relic, if you find that you're not mitigating enough damage, then I'd go with that one.

Happy tanking! :D

Well you gain some tps with the extra power and some damage mitigation with the chance to shield. I think those are better than 200 health.

Having a lot of health is good just don't go too far in that direction. You still need to hit the boss hard enough to keep their attention.

Thanks for the feedback, i am in an HP craze at the moment, i think i will just go with the offensive attack clickie for the 84 endurance. I hate to lose hps! My goal is to hit 30k hps with the rakata medpac buff.

I will work towards the pure tanking relics and should have them by the time we can add augment slots to our gear and they pump life back into my server and i can start tanking some serious mobs again.

Blessing in disguise, since i havent had a pvp match in about 2-3 weeks i am able to get down on the daliy grind and my legacy goodies.

You may be in love with having lots of HP, but if you neglect some damage, you won't be able to hold aggro well outside of your taunts. One of my guild's Vanguard tanks likes doing what you are doing, but I end up pulling aggro from him in my Vanguard DPS gear with 1-2 rotations.

Moral of the story: don't neglect DPS because your aggro generation will take a hit.

I have never had issues with keeping aggro, if it does happen i kindly remind the dps that the boss fights are not a pvp dps burn and to wait a few seconds before back to back cooldowns.

The 84 endurance relic does have 400 power clickie which i will enjoy, i also run with the rak power and defense stims to use accordingly.

Maybe tanks will hit 30k with 1.3 and the augment slots!!! /excited

an extra 200 hp doesn't matter until you're down to 200 hp or less. Meanwhile, extra shield/absorb/defense makes each of your existing 22k+ hp and all of the hp that your healer is restoring (often 100k or more in a boss fight) that much more valuable. Edited by CitizenFry