best PvE build for Denova?

oredith

Like the others said already, stand on tanks and have someone running around on the ground. Here's a log from one of my guild Tank-runs with me as MM and the other sniper Lethality. One thing to note is that I was soaking Double Destruction (extra movement running between the tank) and had a Merc Arsenal spec on Stormcaller, and I had to help balance the HP on the tanks in this particular fight. I consistently pull 1350+ dps on the tanks in EC HM :)

http://dpsmeter.com/bob0boil

MM is quite mobile once you get into the rhythm of moving during GCDs and using instants at the right time. You have plenty of opportunity to stand still long enough for Ambush/SoS/OS during any boss encounter, just know the mechanics and you'll get the timings right.

MM and Lethality are pretty much equal in DPS, MM is a bit more work though and more fun if you ask me. It's more about skill, a bit of luck and of course having the right gear.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400bZbIMbRoZGbbkrMhd.1 2/16/23

3 dots for extra dmg(dont think it stacks with cull) the explosive probe helps with energy quiet a bit and adds in another extra chunk of dmg. also alot less down time. try it for yourself

i have tried full on lethality builds on dummy and been doing HM denova.

on dummy with leth build was averaging 390k to 410k on dummy over 5min

changed to new hybrid spec 440k to 460k will start linking parses when i have gotten the rotation down better.

Edited by Darthnachox

I'm not a PvE geek so you are talking standing on platform of right tank (cause it is what dat group is doing) or left tank?

I do not like to ask q's to raid leader about particular setup, in my case left tank group for some reason stays on ground.

If right thing is to stand on platform on the left tank, may be you could provide a link to the video so I can watch and tell buddies.

I'm not a PvE geek so you are talking standing on platform of right tank (cause it is what dat group is doing) or left tank?

I do not like to ask q's to raid leader about particular setup, in my case left tank group for some reason stays on ground.

If right thing is to stand on platform on the left tank, may be you could provide a link to the video so I can watch and tell buddies.

somebody has to be on the ground else the lightning orbs will land on top of the tank and damage everybody.

because of double destruction usually everybody in the right (stormcaller) group will stand on its platform

the left (firebrand) group can be done a w different ways. atleast one person in the firebrand group must stay on the ground. having multiple people on the ground can be nice bc its easier for each individual person to stay alive (due to lower frequency of orb targeting them).

it can also be done with the healer being the only one that stays on the ground. this allows the dps to focus solely on killing firebrand. this could cause issues, however, if the healer gets an orb while channeling a heal.

if you are a sniper you may ask him about standing on the tank because then you can use ballistic shield to help reduce damage after firebrand has cast incinerate on the tank (tank in this case being the person holding aggro on boss)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.