Is your guild dead?

DarthWoad

From having about 100+ members, about 3 are on at peak time now. Our website is dead, we havent done any raids in a while (usually lots of people sign up for raids, now since a certain games release, we havent had enough players to even raid).

Some have just got bored of the game, dailies are boring and repetitive, dead server etc

We were once a thriving guild, now it's just dead. Anyone else in the same situation?

NOTE: This thread is not talking about other games, not talking about dead servers, or dailies, nor unsubscribing, nothing about server transfers or F2P or any future updates. I am simply asking people if their guild is dead. Please do not close and link to one of the things I said I was NOT talking about. And no thank you, I already know who to email if I have problems with the moderation of the forum.

Edited by DarthWoad

i find that guilds are a waist of time and will refuse to be dragged into the world of guilds. personally i play the story line and have fun with that, if i need to do a Heroic etc i will just ask people o come across to join me and most of the time they do.

I have been in a guild and most of the time nobody from that guild will help me as most guilds are made up of people that they know personally or from other game and they just stick together.

With the new group finder coming in 1.3 guilds will become irrelevant

i find that guilds are a waist of time and will refuse to be dragged into the world of guilds. personally i play the story line and have fun with that, if i need to do a Heroic etc i will just ask people o come across to join me and most of the time they do.

I have been in a guild and most of the time nobody from that guild will help me as most guilds are made up of people that they know personally or from other game and they just stick together.

Oh how wrong you are

Our server population has dropped in the last 60 days (link here) BUT we're the 15th biggest server in the US, and we're the 4th biggest RP-PvE server (as of 5/27/2012 phi value of 1.12 link to data here). All in all, it's troubling, but we're in a lot better shape than a lot of other poor folks.

Regardless of server population, The Thirteenth Legion is alive and vital. We have a busy calendar of RP, PvE, and PvP events (link showing our calendar here). As an estimate of the activity of our membership, I can tell you that 81 of our members have logged into our forums in the last month (as of 5/27/2012). 162 characters have been logged in and played within the last 31 days. 102 of those characters have been logged into in the last 7 days (as of 5/27/2012).

I'm happy. If happy = "involved in guild forums and actively logging in and playing the game" then I think I got 81 happy people with me.

Paige

Hm. Maybe a guild is irrelevant for you, but not for me. Probably not for everybody. I think I must respectfully disagree with you. Guilds are good for sharing crafted stuff, for socializing, for RP, and for having a group of people for grouping. While the LFG tool will (hopefully) fulfill that last function, HOWEVER, I'd much rather run flashpoints, ops, or heroics (or datacron crawls, or world boss kills) with my guildies. We're all on Mumble, I know their characters so we have better teamwork, and they have valid social reasons not to be a jerk during group play (needing for ridiculous stuff or being abusive or whatever).

Because we have a social tie, and a reasonable expectation of behavior, guildies are just much less likely to be chuckleheads than random PUGers.

Edited by Scorpienne

Oh how wrong you are

I couldn't agree more.

So, tell me where the story line is after you complete it for a character you truly enjoy playing?

Just because you believe that you have run into a brick wall when it comes to finding a helpful guild with the type of content you are looking for does not mean they do not exist. Not a single person from my current guild I have known from other games and could not ask for a better bunch of people. All of which are helpful and none i resent with having them in the guild.

I'm sorry that you haven't found a guild that you enjoy being in but honestly, it does make a world of difference and no, with the new group finder coming in 1.3, guilds will not in any way shape or form become irrelevant.

Edited by haliy