why is my HSM hits and crits so low?

randprin

ok, for a while i've been reading the forums and saw people boasting of 4-5k hits and 7-8k crits on HSM.

now that i have some gear (half columi, half rakata and my MH/OH are rakata) i'm just not seeing those hits (i'm talking pve), my best crit is 5.5k, the question is what am i doing wrong? (i did remove some accuracy from my ger for more power)

Have you been taking a break from the merc? You arent doing anything wrong what happened is bioware "Fixed" all the bugs with HSM in patch 1.2c. Now it only gains bonus damage from your stacks of Heat Signature. Apparently there was also another bug that was affecting its damage output that was also fixed. Pre 1.2c mine hit for 3.5-4k non crit and 6-7.5k crits and that was with solo stacks on the Operation Boss training dummy. Now it hits form around 2-2.3k non crits with 4-4.5k crits on the same target dummy.

with a sith warrior bloodlust, you can crit for around 8k. without it, your only going to hit around 5-6k

There are times you can crit for more, such as on fabricator boss when he is debuffed. you can hit for like 12k+

there are a couple other instances like this

with a sith warrior bloodlust, you can crit for around 8k. without it, your only going to hit around 5-6k

There are times you can crit for more, such as on fabricator boss when he is debuffed. you can hit for like 12k+

there are a couple other instances like this

Dr Lorrick in final transformation Lost Island :)

the 7-8k crits were due to a bug that was fixed. HSM used to take other BH's heat signatures into consideration, but this was a bug that they fixed. I have full campaign and hit about 4.5-6k crits, so you are doing fine :)