Gear set bonus not moved with mods

Vladnar

hey all,

Getting myself some new pvp gear but wanted to keep the old look. Was thinking you'd just move the mods from the new gear, for quite the price, and stick onto the old gear and bobs your uncle you have the updated new gear...and i do.....but the gear set bonus for having 2 pieces has not come along too.....I though it was supposed to and if not what am i doing wrong please.

Thanks and much obliged

Vladnar

Yes only the sets released in 1.2 currently have the bonuses on the armoring. So in short only War Hero, Campaign, and Black Hole gear can have set bonuses transferred.

edi: if you are hardcore on some pvp/pve and have a good amount of these sets, the best way to go is Augment orange gear because you get the bonuses and the extra stats.

Edited by Redsocks

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you the following information on set bonuses which we hope is of assistance:

In our Community Q + A Blog for April 27th, 2012:

Raific: Could you please clarify and expand on the following patch note for Game Update 1.2:

• Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.

I believe many people where under the impression that we would be able to pull set bonuses from most gear, not almost none. It seems like only the top tier set bonus can be relocated at this time. Any chance this will be expanded or lower tier? If not, what is the reason?

David: We’re sorry if the note confused anyone. You can pull set bonuses from all new items with set bonuses going forward. There are not any current plans to expand this to old items. The tech that allows us to distribute set bonuses as part of the armoring is new, and there are limitations to how much we can change items that players already possess. That means we can have the set bonus on all armorings that were created for 1.2 or later, but that old armor still has the set bonus on the shell item.

In our Community Q + A Blog for February 17th, 2012:

Bobonar: Will we be able to take the modifications out of our endgame pvp-sets and put them into a set that we like better (design-wise) and keep the bonuses?

Emmanuel Lusinchi: Yes, the set bonus will be carried by Armoring mods that work just like regular mods except that they only fit into specific types of items, such as chest items or boots items. So, for example, the set bonus from a chest piece can be moved to another chest piece, and the set bonus from a helmet can be moved to another helmet.

From our Developer Tracker:

While you can follow the rule of "gear that is new in 1.2 or later has the set bonus on the mods," there are also a couple ways to tell if a set bonus will transfer by looking at an item you have:

1. Open the modification window for the item, then mouseover the Armoring. If the tooltip for the Armoring lists a set bonus, then it is the source of the bonus.

2. If the item is equipped, check the set bonus criteria in the item tooltip. Instead of seeing something like "War Hero Force-Master's Boots" you will see "War Hero Force-Master's Boots (Armoring)." The (Armoring) indicates that the set bonus is coming from the mod, not the gear.

You can find additional information regarding set bonuses and how they impact Gear in this thread by Principal Lead Combat Designer, Georg Zoeller:

You can read more Community Blog answers on this and additional topics now in our latest stickied thread: Weekly Q&A Archive

On a side note, we would like to thank everyone who took the time to assist the thread author! It is always awesome to see!

We hope this is of assistance! :jawa_smile:

Edited by Ellvaan

• 2 weeks later...

This is just not good enough, if it only works for 2-3% of players who actually have endgame gear there should be a very clear warning that it does NOT work for anything else. Because we were told that we could transfer set bonuses after 1.2 I waited untill it came out, then used all my tokens to get new gear/armoring.

After spending my tokens, a ***** fortune ripping the armoring out and getting orange gear that doen't look too bad, I actually got the bonus to transfer. But when I left the zone I was in the bonus disappeared. Then I had to spend a lot of time writing tickets that no one seemed able to answer.

When you guys said I could transfer set bonuses after 1.2 on new armoring, I bought new armoring to transfer, I should NOT have to go excavating in the forums for some buried thread saying it doesn't work for most players.

Dont know if you realize it, but things like this really rubs people the wrong way.

Now go fix it

1.2 came out all the way back in April. Are you still running around with no set bonus?

Go fix it with the credits you've made back by now lolololol

you are missing the point

I would appreciate a specific list rather than "the new armor sets post 1.2"

For example:

Gear set bonus will NOT transfer for:

Tionese

Columni

Rakata

Gear set bonus will transfer for:

Campaign

Is the above correct, and can someone continue by adding what I missed?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.