The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ironfist vs NORSE

Ingenuus

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jes294.jpg voidstar

http://i47.tinypic.com/nnrtj6.jpg Huttball; yes i played objective, scored once

Im only getting better and still not close to full WH ~ NORSE

Not bad but, there is a thread with an assault vanguard that did over a million and he wasn't full war hero. He didn't even use the eliminator set. He had the combat set on because he mostly plays tank.

Edited by icegreentea

Not bad but, there is a thread with an assault vanguard that did over a million and he wasn't full war hero. He didn't even use the eliminator set. He had the combat set on because he mostly plays tank.

i would love a link, i notice my damage is fully dependent on enemy heals so id like to see other statistics then him, i know the mil is achievable and i strive for it, but i am a team player, i kill those attacking my healer and i play objective.

I do not like assault as it is more "selfish".

I'm currently running IF, I have 4/5 Combat Tech BM with the BM rifle, the rest being recruit gear. I'm finding I'm pretty good at defending but attacking any node or trying to take down a ball carrier (with anything besides Harpoon) is painfully slow (especially if they have decent gear). Should I just keep at it until my gear is full BM to notice a difference or would switching to Tactics or Assault be a good idea to forgo some survivability/utility for the ability to dish out some hurt?

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jes294.jpg voidstar

http://i47.tinypic.com/nnrtj6.jpg Huttball; yes i played objective, scored once

Im only getting better and still not close to full WH ~ NORSE

Kray, I may roll a jedi on your server just to see you roll. I love Norse for mobility, utility, and steady damage. The ability to survive is much higher, but you don't get credit for all the damage reduction you give out with Ion Pulse or whatever your version of flame sweep provides.

I freely admit Assault is better damage, and Tank is better for guarding, but I swear Norse is the most fun I have had. The playstyle is fluid and mobile, and melee, and you can alternate between aoeing and single target with ease. Assault is single target mainly.

I will gladly give my king of Norse build to you though. The best I have ever done is 380 with 2 piece WH and 50k protection. Currently I am messing around with a Jedi Guardian for my pvp team. I am playing with the tank builds because I can't seem to kill this one Guardian tank on my server. He essentially stuns me to death.

I'm currently running IF, I have 4/5 Combat Tech BM with the BM rifle, the rest being recruit gear. I'm finding I'm pretty good at defending but attacking any node or trying to take down a ball carrier (with anything besides Harpoon) is painfully slow (especially if they have decent gear). Should I just keep at it until my gear is full BM to notice a difference or would switching to Tactics or Assault be a good idea to forgo some survivability/utility for the ability to dish out some hurt?

If is pretty poor outside of group play. It's biggest strength is when you have a healer or dps with you. Solo play or 1v1 it's essentially a free kill for any semi intelligent dps player.

Kray, I may roll a jedi on your server just to see you roll. I love Norse for mobility, utility, and steady damage. The ability to survive is much higher, but you don't get credit for all the damage reduction you give out with Ion Pulse or whatever your version of flame sweep provides.

I freely admit Assault is better damage, and Tank is better for guarding, but I swear Norse is the most fun I have had. The playstyle is fluid and mobile, and melee, and you can alternate between aoeing and single target with ease. Assault is single target mainly.

I will gladly give my king of Norse build to you though. The best I have ever done is 380 with 2 piece WH and 50k protection. Currently I am messing around with a Jedi Guardian for my pvp team. I am playing with the tank builds because I can't seem to kill this one Guardian tank on my server. He essentially stuns me to death.

I'd love to own the pre 50 with ya. I love norse and i notice the best thing im good for is mowing down everyone training my healer; all at once. i have a jug, its fun, ive messed with every spec (hes 50 btw) and now that i have norse, its just too fun; ima keep it on the downlow for now on though. well at least the way i play it.

I'd love to own the pre 50 with ya. I love norse and i notice the best thing im good for is mowing down everyone training my healer; all at once. i have a jug, its fun, ive messed with every spec (hes 50 btw) and now that i have norse, its just too fun; ima keep it on the downlow for now on though. well at least the way i play it.

I love the Lethality build of Operatives, but I hate the look of the scoundrel that single pistol thing is just ugly haha. I will think of what I want my next alt to be. Scoundrels shotgunning is sweet, but again I have to have a single pistol. I don't even like the look of it on my Bounty Hunter.

The only class I refuse to roll is Sentinal/marauder ;p. Plus I am an awful ranged player. Absolutely the worst ranged dps guy Ever.

Edited by TheOpf

I love the Lethality build of Operatives, but I hate the look of the scoundrel that single pistol thing is just ugly haha. I will think of what I want my next alt to be. Scoundrels shotgunning is sweet, but again I have to have a single pistol. I don't even like the look of it on my Bounty Hunter.

The only class I refuse to roll is Sentinal/marauder ;p. Plus I am an awful ranged player. Absolutely the worst ranged dps guy Ever.

FOTM shadow tanks; FOTM sent; FOTM vanguard: choose lol

FOTM shadow tanks; FOTM sent; FOTM vanguard: choose lol

Vanguards aren't FoTM. PT's and VG's just have the best and most open community which means less of a learning curve since players can find strats, get advice, and build ideas easier.

I have had a world of a tough time getting help for my operative and for my guardian. I finally got some guardian help after 4 different posts.

I actually dropped 350k damage pre-50 with my Operative. I may just go dirtyfighting scoundrel ;p. I like the abilities it offers, and already have a tankasin which I never play haha.

Edited by TheOpf

Vanguards aren't FoTM. PT's and VG's just have the best and most open community which means less of a learning curve since players can find strats, get advice, and build ideas easier.

I have had a world of a tough time getting help for my operative and for my guardian. I finally got some guardian help after 4 different posts.

I actually dropped 350k damage pre-50 with my Operative. I may just go dirtyfighting scoundrel ;p. I like the abilities it offers, and already have a tankasin which I never play haha.

you say you dont like ranged dps, so therefore youd think its rules out gs, my friend plays his gs great, hes always on the move an right next to me. and thats nice op dmg, were you running a hybrid?

you say you dont like ranged dps, so therefore youd think its rules out gs, my friend plays his gs great, hes always on the move an right next to me. and thats nice op dmg, were you running a hybrid?

I would play a scoundrel not a slinger. I actually have a 30 slinger, and am absolutely awful with him. I can't stand the cover mechanic.

I was running a Lethality build at lvl 27 and finally broke 300. Than my vanguard friend hit 350 in a voidstar ;p. Granted I was on my Guardian and had him guarded 70 percent of the time so that helped.

I just respecced Assault from Ironfist last night and I was enjoying myself a lot more. Sure I miss Storm, being able to root people after Harpooning them, and overall survivability, but I always hated that in the 50s bracket it took forever to kill anyone, usually giving them time to get backup. With a lucky string of HIB procs, I can tear through a lone node defender with enough time to cap before reinforcements arrive.

Both specs are fun, Assault feels a bit squishy still, but I also feel a lot more useful considering I play primarily solo.

As an Ironfist build (post 1.2) you may still live longer, but only be seconds. So the survivability is there, sure. However, what is the quality of that survivablity? How effective at killing other players are you? The answer: The quality is poor, and you're not very effective at killing people.

As Ironfist you are a meat shield, and a poor meat shield at that. You have damage that can be healed through without much thought, you can mitigate NOTHING (you're a 1 trick pony when it comes to damage mitigation from other players....and that 1 trick sucks).

An Opf build or Tibetan Candle build is WAAAAAAY better. You will kill people much faster, have greater mobility, and more up time with that 1 trick pony of a shield (if not, at least you'll be more mobile).

Ironfist died with 1.2. NORS is far superior....BUT....after 1.3 and the nerfs, it'll be the Opf and Tibetan Candle....period.

As an Ironfist build (post 1.2) you may still live longer, but only be seconds. So the survivability is there, sure. However, what is the quality of that survivablity? How effective at killing other players are you? The answer: The quality is poor, and you're not very effective at killing people.

As Ironfist you are a meat shield, and a poor meat shield at that. You have damage that can be healed through without much thought, you can mitigate NOTHING (you're a 1 trick pony when it comes to damage mitigation from other players....and that 1 trick sucks).

An Opf build or Tibetan Candle build is WAAAAAAY better. You will kill people much faster, have greater mobility, and more up time with that 1 trick pony of a shield (if not, at least you'll be more mobile).

Ironfist died with 1.2. NORS is far superior....BUT....after 1.3 and the nerfs, it'll be the Opf and Tibetan Candle....period.

The Opf build? haha Thanks, I think you mean Norse. Unless they are revamping the trees, the Norse will definitely be as strong as it is now. Essentially you will be limited to the following builds

31 pt Shield

31 pt AP

31 pt Pyro

Norse

Tibetan Candle (for those who wish to work really hard for a marginal increase)

Maverick (heat management extreme lovers)

Though I want to see the Shield tree after the changes before I call out the death of any spec.

The Opf build? haha Thanks, I think you mean Norse. Unless they are revamping the trees, the Norse will definitely be as strong as it is now. Essentially you will be limited to the following builds

31 pt Shield

31 pt AP

31 pt Pyro

Norse

Tibetan Candle (for those who wish to work really hard for a marginal increase)

Maverick (heat management extreme lovers)

Though I want to see the Shield tree after the changes before I call out the death of any spec.

NORSE is meh, for me at least. I prefer full Tactics/AP. Over on the BH forums no one would call it AP, they just kept saying "The Opf"....well, okay...The Opf. You should know, I think you live there. Taugrim even set it up on his Guide.

Anyhow, HiB/RS Tactics/AP 4tw. Either way, several people in this thread are NOT aware that dead players don't do damge.

NORSE is meh, for me at least. I prefer full Tactics/AP. Over on the BH forums no one would call it AP, they just kept saying "The Opf"....well, okay...The Opf. You should know, I think you live there. Taugrim even set it up on his Guide.

Anyhow, HiB/RS Tactics/AP 4tw. Either way, several people in this thread are NOT aware that dead players don't do damge.

I actually like the full AP as well, and use it in pve alot more than in pvp. Don't you feel the HiB/RS to be crazy clunky? I find myself dead more often playing full AP than I do the norse. I know I lose some damge, but the reduced cooldowns on CC's and the mitigation it gives me makes me feel like I am doing somethign besides dpsing. I do get a bit up in arms over people Ion Celling my beloved AP tree though.

I think AP/Tactics is like the lethality operative, a completely misunderstood spec that many people think is worse than it is and gets a bad rap because it takes some serious time to get used to it.