Augments for watchmen sent?

Vektarulz

I use str augments in my pvp gear because our gear is crit heavy and having str not only increases damage but allows you to shave off crit mods and enhancements in favor of power. 1 mod from the vindicator wh gloves adds 39 power which is as much as 2 augments, then you gain 22 more power from the enhancement. I plan to do this on most of my armor pieces which will still leave me around 26% crit with the smuggler buff.

I use Might (strength). Something to consider:

Power - Flat-damage increase with diminishing returns. Its benefit is enhanced by the 5% damage increase of the knight buff.

Strength - Increases damage at a much lesser rate than power but with no diminishing returns. Compensated further by its far greater abundance. Also increases a miniscule amount of crit chance per point. Its benefits are enhanced by both the knight buff AND the 5% strength increase of the consular buff. Adding at least two sources of flat-damage boosts and one crit chance boost.

Watchman has plenty more opportunities to crit than the other trees thanks to its spamming of DoTs. And watchmen thrive on it. Cover all areas, leave no weakness in your offense.

Augement for strength. Mod for power.

On the thread on mmo-mechanics math was done to show that the strength augments barely outdo the power ones, and the medium strength/power beats high strength low power mod. That is assuming you are raid buffed, and if you are worrying about augments I'm assuming you are.

tl;dr: the strength with 5% stat buff beats out the power mod due to the added crit as well. Get your power essentially everywhere else.

Edit: Found the end comparisons if anyone was interested

So the difference between taking a Power Augment over a Strength Augment is:

+ 0.36 Bonus Damage

- 0.12% Crit

So taking the medium strength/medium power over the high strength/low power would give you:

+ 3.25 bonus damage

- 0.088% crit

- 8 Endurance (80 HP - or 84.8 HP with +5% End class buff and +1% End companion legacy perk)

This is NOT my work, it was done by SLi on the mmo-mechanics forum

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Annihilation-Watchmen-Discussion?page=9

Edited by DrexraS