Annihilation PvE Rotation

Hi, guys. Looking for some tips on an optimal rotation for a PvE Annihilation Mara. In HM flashpoints/SM Ops, I feel that I'm doing "okay" damage, but certainly not wrecking faces. :)

Basically, I try to get my DoTs going as quickly as possible, and use Ravage and Annihilate whenever they're available. I use Bloodthirst when available also, mixing in Berserk and Predation as necessary.

I'm at work right now so I can't pull up my exact stats, but I believe my Strength is currently at around 1420-something unbuffed, about 1350 Endurance, 16K hp, with 30% Crit, 76% Surge, and 95% Accuracy (jumps to 101% in Carnage spec).

Gear is as follows:

Columi headgear

Tionese level chest + augment

Columi gloves

Columi bracers

Tionese level legs

Columi boots

Columi mainhand + offhand

Black Hole earpiece

2 Columi implants

2 Level 50 blue relics (Crit/Surge and Power)

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, guys. Looking for some tips on an optimal rotation for a PvE Annihilation Mara. In HM flashpoints/SM Ops, I feel that I'm doing "okay" damage, but certainly not wrecking faces. :)

Basically, I try to get my DoTs going as quickly as possible, and use Ravage and Annihilate whenever they're available. I use Bloodthirst when available also, mixing in Berserk and Predation as necessary.

I'm at work right now so I can't pull up my exact stats, but I believe my Strength is currently at around 1420-something unbuffed, about 1350 Endurance, 16K hp, with 30% Crit, 76% Surge, and 95% Accuracy (jumps to 101% in Carnage spec).

Gear is as follows:

Columi headgear

Columi gloves

Columi bracers

Tionese level legs

Columi boots

Black Hole earpiece

2 Columi implants

the fact that you are looking for a rotation tells us you do not grasp the class at all. If you want "rotations" then playing a SW/JK is not for you. They have dynamically changing priority systems which is why there are no good guides for them because its always changing. Its something you either understand and grasp or you don't.

the fact that you are looking for a rotation tells us you do not grasp the class at all. If you want "rotations" then playing a SW/JK is not for you. They have dynamically changing priority systems which is why there are no good guides for them because its always changing. Its something you either understand and grasp or you don't.

Perhaps rotations wasn't the best way to word it, but essentially I'm asking for advice on how to maximize my general DPS output. Obviously I'm still learning the class, or I wouldn't have asked for help. Not sure why you felt the need to be rude and basically post a "L2P Noob" response, though. :confused:

Edited by NoxIrradiata

^^ - Priority vs Rotation, but there is a general core of skills you want to focus around. I will say that Berserk>Predation/Bloodthirst in PVP/PVE for both dps and survivability. For Pve, you want to use a Bloodthirst when you have a frenzy ready to go, so you can berserk while bloodthirst is active. Also, you want to use bloodthirst near the begiining of a PVE fight if it is a 5 minute fight, so you can use it again when everyone needs to burn the target.

Predation is more of a PVP skill to get away people and a utility tool for objectives. Only time I really use it in raids is on droids in kephess fight if I dont have a force charge ready.

You will know if you are playing the class correctly once you have to be guarded for every fight bc of your dps, or are killing pople in pvp in under 5 seconds.

Odyssius

Krayess Obelisk

Edited by mitchelloliver
misspelling

^^ - Priority vs Rotation, but there is a general core of skills you want to focus around. I will say that Berserk>Predation/Bloodthirst in PVE and for dps. For Pve, you want to use a Bloodthirst when you have a frenzy ready to go, so you can berserk while bloodthirst is active. Also, you want to use bloodthirst near the begiining of a PVE fight if it is a 5 minute fight, so you can use it again when everyone needs to burn the target.

Predation is more of a PVP skill to get away people and a utility tool for objectives. Only time I really use it in raids is on droids in kephess fight if I dont have a force charge ready.

You will know if you are playing the class correctly once you have to be guarded for every fight bc of your dps, or are killing pople in pvp in under 5 seconds.

Odyssius

Krayess Obelisk

I actually thought Predation/Berserk/Bloodthirst would override each other (d'oh! :eek:), so definitely nice to know that I can get Berserk + Bloodthirst going at the same time. Thanks, Odyssius!

General raid boss priority list (can vary depending on fight):

1) Berserk

2) Annihilate (if Annihilator buff is at 2 sec or less)

3) Force Charge + Deadly Saber

4) Rupture (if not currently active on target)

5) Battering Assault (if Rage pool is at 6 or less)

6) Vicious Throw (only usable when target is below 30% health)

7) Ravage (if Annihilator buff is at 4 sec or more)

8) Annihilate

9) Vicious Slash (if Rage pool is at 5 or more)

10) Assault

With this priority list, my Sentinel gets over 1800 solo DPS on the operations target dummy, and averaged around 1975 DPS in our last run on the 5 bosses in KP Nightmare mode: http://www.torparse.com/a/40479

You can see my gear and skill tree here: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/487bb168-3c21-442c-a126-5b84a5da26f9

Edited by iakona
added DPS parse link

Gear is as follows:

Columi headgear

Columi gloves

Columi bracers

Tionese level legs

Columi boots

Black Hole earpiece

2 Columi implants

Start getting Orange Augmented gear and put all the mods,armoring, and enhancements into those with a +power Augment.

Remove Force Scream from your hotbar immediately... your dps will go up 100 points, utilize Savage Kick, and Vicious Throw as often as you can, those hit hard as well.

Also get your Matrix Cube.

Edited by Thundergulch

i dont know what blue relics u have, but just incase they are regular level 50 ones, you should go to the PVP recruit vendor and buy 2 Champion Relics from 11.3k each.

i know your asking about PVE, but these buyable PVP relics are better then any relic u can currently buy with credits from the AH, or anything u can quest for that doesnt use PVE Daily commendations. (I have both rakata power and crit/surge ones- but between the 2 types of cubes, I prefer to use the power cube so i recomend using the power cube for your hotkeyed ability).

edit:

Also for mods and enhancments, when spending columi coms, look for high power.

I like Columi Weaponmaster's Boots for mods ripping

and i like Columi Enforcer's Gloves for Enhancments.

Edited by DNGDangerous

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old thread rather than posting a new one. Obviously the information in here is out of date, but here is my situation:

Aside from Head/Hands armorings I'm in all optimized 72s using Verpine Foestopper's Earpiece, Verpine Foestopper's Implant, and Underworld Weaponmaster's Implant. For Relics I have Ark SA/UW SA as well as a UW Dark Radiance for when they fix the SA bug. I'm posting mostly because no matter what I do on dummy, I'm struggling to get above 2700 and yet I should be way higher than that. I open with Frenzy > Charge > DS > BA > Rupture > Berserk > Annihilate > Ravage. And after that I hit DS on cooldown (though I always try to pair it with Charge, but I try to DS>Charge so that is is Rage neutral, not sure if that is a problem), Rupture every 6 seconds or on CD (I usually try to hit Annihilate>Rupture if possible), Ravage I use when there is nothing better off CD or >3 seconds until up, DST I throw in whenever I have rage but nothing better is up. I feel like maybe I am using Vicious Slash too much since I tend to get rage-starved as well. When I get home today I'll post a parse.

Edit, forgot I uploaded one yesterday, though I was messing around with an Ark KT relic so that's where Wind Buffet came from.

Edited by kennethdale

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.