The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault Spec Vanguard gear question.

_DaGreat

Assault spec revolves around combining back to back HIB procs into an effective and deadly burst rotation. Eliminator's 4pc bonus is a 15% effectiveness increase to HIB. You do miss out on having a 2pc bonus, but 15% crit rate increase on your most damaging ability is not worth losing for .5 more seconds on your AE stun and 15% crit rate on SS (your 3rd highest damage ability, used less often than HIB).

vanguard always need to get in close range to finish his job, so... other bonus than just HiB is better imo.

SS also has bether chance to reset HiB, 60% against 45% IP.

also I'm not just limited to use just assalt tree with combat tech set, I can use( if I want ) all trees.

using combat tech set I can hit with HiB 3.5k~4.5k still...

so imo combat tech is better cuz that.

Edited by masterbason

vanguard always need to get in close range to finish his job, so... other bonus than just HiB is better imo.

Math is better than your opinion. A typical Assault rotation contains double (200% MORE) High Impact Bolts than it does Stock Strikes. High Impact Bolt has a 30% crit bonus from your spec, and hits harder than Stock Strike.

SS also has bether chance to reset HiB, 60% against 45% IP.

Irrelevant. You would use stock strike whenever possible to reset HIB, even if you were wearing quest greens from Alderaan.

also I'm not just limited to use just assalt tree with combat tech set, I can use( if I want ) all trees.

However, when speced for assault, you perform better using the 4pc Eliminator bonus. It's mathematically proven.

using combat tech set I can hit with HiB 3.5k~4.5k still...

This is true, you can still get the same top end numbers on your hits, but the 4pc Eliminator gives you a +15% better chance per HIB to see those big numbers.

so imo combat tech is better cuz that.

Your opinion is based, I'm assuming, on the fact that you already have a Combat Tech set. So you are arguing that a Ford Focus is better than a BMW 500 based on the fact that you own a Focus and it gets you to work just fine.

This is not a matter of opinion or personal preference: Eliminator 4pc is the best armor for an Assault spec Vanguard.

Math is better than your opinion. A typical Assault rotation contains double (200% MORE) High Impact Bolts than it does Stock Strikes. High Impact Bolt has a 30% crit bonus from your spec, and hits harder than Stock Strike.

Irrelevant. You would use stock strike whenever possible to reset HIB, even if you were wearing quest greens from Alderaan.

However, when speced for assault, you perform better using the 4pc Eliminator bonus. It's mathematically proven.

This is true, you can still get the same top end numbers on your hits, but the 4pc Eliminator gives you a +15% better chance per HIB to see those big numbers.

Your opinion is based, I'm assuming, on the fact that you already have a Combat Tech set. So you are arguing that a Ford Focus is better than a BMW 500 based on the fact that you own a Focus and it gets you to work just fine.

This is not a matter of opinion or personal preference: Eliminator 4pc is the best armor for an Assault spec Vanguard.

I respect your opinion... just for you know... I have both BM sets and choose to go WR with combat tech...

see ya..

Assault spec revolves around combining back to back HIB procs into an effective and deadly burst rotation. Eliminator's 4pc bonus is a 15% effectiveness increase to HIB. You do miss out on having a 2pc bonus, but 15% crit rate increase on your most damaging ability is not worth losing for .5 more seconds on your AE stun and 15% crit rate on SS (your 3rd highest damage ability, used less often than HIB).

Welllllll, when you sum it up like that, yea, i agree, eliminator would be the better bet. Pros outweigh the cons.