queues i know they suck but there is a reason for it

hatsjoe

I I wish people would stop comparing this to an 8 year old release. Such a ridiculous comparison. Maybe we should go back to buying music at the store on DVD too.

CD's?? never bought music on DVD's dude unless it came with the videos.. too..

I myself am on tomb of freedom nadd and i'm currently waiting in a +2000 queue.

But increasing the caps and lowering the queues would be a bad thing.

What would stop another 2000 people rolling on launch on this server otherwise?

It's all for the greater good ^^

ANYONE who wants to get into the game now is in. Bioware have already said they encourage shops to give out a preorder key when you buy a copy in store. So the chances are, there wont be THAT much of in influx of players post launch.

However, they NEED to do something. I rolled on 1 server which was 'medium', but the day after with more waves, it became "Full" with queues of 1.5hours+. I then rerolled on another 'medium' realm (nothing less at the time) which currently has 1 hour 45 minute queues. Yesterday the 1 hour 30 minute queue took over 2 hours. I am NOT willing to reroll my level 22 character again. They NEED to do something. I - and I am sure many others are beginning to lose interest purely because we can't play.

I canceled my preorder cause I am not interested in paying to play crap, but you know where bioware became biofail? They assign entire guilds to servers and these guilds can't even fracking play together.

Cool you just free up another slot come the 20th.. Do not take it the wrong way there is going to be a certain % thats going to run back to Kung fu panda wow.

Bioware is somehow supposed to predict when people log off?

Why would Bioware be doing that, it's automated average of people logging off v's numbered queued giving estimated wait time. Clearly however it's bugged (give them the benefit of the doubt) and had been underestimating x2 - x3 times. If it is bugged then correct it, if not and done on purpose to mis-lead then correct it as it's not giving the pacifying effect that may have been intended.

You also never played WoW at launch. People were saying the same stuff then. Imagine 25-30 total servers for hundreds of thousands of people on 2004 equipment.

7 years ago, things have changed since then and numerous MMOs have launched, by now you would have thought that the companies would know what to expect.

ANYONE who wants to get into the game now is in. Bioware have already said they encourage shops to give out a preorder key when you buy a copy in store. So the chances are, there wont be THAT much of in influx of players post launch.

However, they NEED to do something. I rolled on 1 server which was 'medium', but the day after with more waves, it became "Full" with queues of 1.5hours+. I then rerolled on another 'medium' realm (nothing less at the time) which currently has 1 hour 45 minute queues. Yesterday the 1 hour 30 minute queue took over 2 hours. I am NOT willing to reroll my level 22 character again. They NEED to do something. I - and I am sure many others are beginning to lose interest purely because we can't play.

I alread got my CE at my door Friday from Gamestop.com already registired. :D

Edited by Streak

I canceled my preorder cause I am not interested in paying to play crap, but you know where bioware became biofail? They assign entire guilds to servers and these guilds can't even fracking play together.

So in a couple days we won't have to read your useless posts anymore right?

Why would Bioware be doing that, it's automated average of people logging off v's numbered queued giving estimated wait time. Clearly however it's bugged (give them the benefit of the doubt) and had been underestimating x2 - x3 times. If it is bugged then correct it, if not and done on purpose to mis-lead then correct it as it's not giving the pacifying effect that may have been intended.

7 years ago, things have changed since then and numerous MMOs have launched, by now you would have thought that the companies would know what to expect.

I stated the 2004 stat for a reason. It is comparable to todays launch. This one has Millions on 2011 equipment while WoW's was only 350+k people at launch.

I stated the 2004 stat for a reason. It is comparable to todays launch. This one has Millions on 2011 equipment while WoW's was only 350+k people at launch.

Also, looking at Cataclysm release about a year ago, there was massive queues there aswell, took me 5 hours to even get in.

I haven't experienced a queue longer than 15 minutes here.

"We are aware of long queue times on some select EU English PvP servers. If you are attempting to enter an EU English PvP server and are encountering a 2+ hour queue, we strongly encourage you to select a different EU English PvP server. Many of these servers do not have long queue times, and you’ll be able to get in-game much faster. We expect populations across all of these servers to remain very healthy, so please do not hesitate to select a server that has a shorter queue time to begin enjoying the game faster!"

My guild is deployed on one of those big queue servers, how can enjoy the game on different server??There was no queue before. Thank you

You can't justify 2000 queues.. especially when people are getting disconnected towards the end of the queue try and relog in only to get put right at the back of the queue. It also doesn't explain why BW left us all out to dry for the weekend knowing that the queues would only get worse. Only explanation for that is they weren't prepared for it.. or at least I hope that's the case.

Have you seen how unpopulated the game is? There's an obscenely low cap on players.

So I disagree, I'm pretty sure they could increase the cap to an extent and not stress the server too much. At most there's maybe 200 people in a *very* busy zone if you estimate for both sides. Most zones show on average about 30-40 players on my side, so probably somewhat similar on the other side.

Yes, this is on ToFN.

From late 20's and into the 30's it feels like a ghost town.

The queues are the result of a poorly managed guild placement program, but most of the frustration I'm hearing about is enduring that queue and being sent right back into it if your internet connection dips for 20-30 seconds. The grace period for reconnecting doesn't seem to consider anything but hard crashes. I'm amazed they didn't have some contingency plan for this with years of MMOs to learn from.

Edited by Valkaern