Cybertech love?

Fhrosty

Does anyone else feel Cybertechs could use a little more TLC?

Our craftable mods are matched by loot drops, and easily outmatched by stripping mods from raid gear, the process of which is about to become a lot cheaper.

Droids are useless in PVP and endgame PVE, only a few ACs use droids while lvling, and only some of those bother to keep their droids up to date.

The cost of buying or gathering the materials for speeders is far greater than the cost of vendor speeders of the same rank (plus you have bosses and vehicle quests that drop speeders). Is anyone on a server where you can buy 10 Mandolorian Iron for less than 100k?

Craftable ear-pieces are matched if not outmatched by the daily ones, and I don't even know what's available in the upper tiers. Also, we are not on the list of crafters who can make augment kits, so even our critted earpieces are about to lose value with no return.

Supply drowned out the market for ship parts, at least on my server. The mats cost more than what you can sell the parts for, especially since you don't even need purples to complete the hardest space missions.

Grenades: These actually strike me as somewhat useful, especially as "uh oh" buttons. But in all my efforts I have yet to convince any guildies that they're worth the time it takes to throw one down when it's easier to just fire off a skill you already have that's almost as useful and not consumable. People like consistency.

As time permits I'll try to come up with some suggestions to improve cybertech, but for now I just wanted to take a moment to suggest that we at least get a closer look.

After the prices of the mats to create grenades went to the roof in my server due to it's requirements for other crew skills, I just gave up Cyber to Bio. 3 min CD on reusables is still too much and people won't ever pay the price for the non-reusables. Mods were simply given as a daily reward. The only thing I could sell profitably was droid parts and only because no one else bothered to sell them and I had the monopoly of it. Every other crew skill was boosted. Cyber just had their mounts available to sell and the ridiculous CD on grenades lowered to a still ridiculous CD.

Ahh, Suggestion 1: Grenades that can interrupt (not to be confused with CC or stuns, which most champs and raid bosses are immune to). They can keep the long cooldown, making it desirable to have the whole group outfitted and coordinated with these. This would go a long way to helping commandos with their lack of a dedicated interrupt, and the other ACs who do have interrupts could keep these as emergency backups.

Suggestion 2: Consumables that compliment specific skills. Example: Sticky Grenade enhancement. When a trooper fires a sticky grenade, if you have a stack of sticky enhancements, one is consumed, adding a special effect or extra dmg to your sticky grenade.

Edited by Fhrosty