Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Powertech > Marauder

LoL-K-Noob

^ NOT that.

I solo marauders regularly on my shield spec PT. You just need to know how/when to use your cc and interrupts. With cood downs, no problem. If my coold downs aren't up, I'm in trouble but can usually still manage.

Interrypts? On marauder? Really? I think that either those marauders are terrible or it didn't happen at all.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that video the mara charges them first thing too...Everyone beats bad players besides other bads. Sorc/sage only as balance/madness can beat a mara. So don't act like any sorc/sage wins. First you have to be the right spec. Second you can't suck...

Charging first as being something bad is a misconception. It's extremely easy to charge, and do things to tie up/do damage/mitigate damage/take little to no damage in 12 seconds until it is up again. Stasis/Awe (they can only break one). Force Camo, snare/interrupt etc. I usually charge when I see the cast bar. That way I interrupt and close the distance. I'm not going to burn force camo right away because Force Camo is typically too important to waste in such a way, plus it's not a guarantee it will work. The sorc could just force speed in the opposite direction.

I think people who rely so heavily on Force Leap just aren't good at staying in melee range to begin with. After playing Sentinel for as long as I have, I don't have much of a problem staying in Melee range once I get there, and attempts to kite I can usually counter in some way to minimize it. I'd rather start with a charge and go from there.

It's use as an interrupt IMO is too useful to not use when the opportunity presents itself.

Edited by Derian

This falls under "burst", which I already put in favor of the PT's. Have something else for me?

Utility? No way PTs/Vanguards can Taunt/Guard and they can pull. Having the ability to taunt puts any class that's capable very high on utility. Period.

Utility? No way PTs/Vanguards can Taunt/Guard and they can pull. Having the ability to taunt puts any class that's capable very high on utility. Period.

Party-wide speed buff, damage/healing buff, healing debuff on enemies, mara has no utility .. really ?

Party-wide speed buff, damage/healing buff, healing debuff on enemies, mara has no utility .. really ?

Where did I say no utility? I just think the ability to taunt/aoe taunt puts any DPS class at the top of the utility list. Taunt helps you keep healers and tanks alive, with no drawback to your own dps. THe speed buff, damage buff (five min CD it's not htat useful) healing debuff will all cause the Marauder/Sentinel to do less potential DPS himself because Zen=Automatic Crits.

So tired of people putting words in mouths on this forum. LOL Yes I said "no utility"

Kneejerk more please.

So....3 out of 4 classes are OP. You must be a Smuggler.

Uh. 3 out of 8 AC's. Of that, it's only 4 specs out of 24.

Assassin tank spec using dps gear is strong, the 2 dps specs are balanced or potentially weak.

Powertech pyro is strong, merc is a joke. To pretend that's the entire class is laughable at best.

Marauder 2/3 specs are strong, the other spec (rage) is very strong in coordinated premades but not so off the charts otherwise.

Everything else damage dealing wise is balanced or weak.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.