Expertise not working in WZ's for Arsenal

My PvP set has 1.1k expertise on it. The tooltip for my TM says it hits for about 1.5k damage. Outside of WZ's my TM hits for 1.7k on 0 expertise PvP targets, which is to be expected with a 20% damage boost from my expertise.

Inside a WZ that damage drops to 900-1.1k per TM, a 30% drop in damage, which is the damage I'd be hitting if I wasn't getting my 20% damage bonus from expertise, minus the damage mitigation from the targets expertise.

I then switched to my PvE set. Nothing special, half-half Columi and Rakata. I was then doing twice the damage I was doing in my PvP set, while still dying at about the same rate. Seems expertise wasn't doing anything for my survivability either.

This problem seems to only affect Arsenal and not Pyrotech. Must be a talent that is causing it. I had a chat with Customer Support rep about the problem, and he said he'd pass it on to the devs for investigation.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

After 1.2 heatseeker was getting benefits from multiple stacks of heat signatures and other debuffs which was hitting for 8K+ and then devs did a hotfix minipatch which proceeded to break heat signatures altogether in pvp (works fine in pve), you're probably seeing that effect.

Still doesn't explain why you were doing more damage in pve gear with 0 expertise against other players.