Bodyguard PvP

DarkSanta

I know everyone has certain opinions about the viability of mercenaries in pvp but since i'm playing one and am not going to change relatively soon we might as well discuss something usefull on the forums.

At the moment I have a full set of warhero equipment missing the greaves/both implants/relics. What this means is that i currently have maxed my crit chance from the warhero gear sitting at a critrating of 510 (39,9% without buffs) which is of course way above diminishing returns. My crit multiplier is at 76,67% which is above DR as well. From here on out i will have to balance it out with power and alacrity respectively.

Both the greaves and the implants give power instead of crit rating, what i'm wondering at the moment is the amount of crit i should be aiming for in PvP. I know that 35% unbuffed or even with buff is considered optimal taking the DR in mind but burst healing (and burst damage) is much more important in PvP than in PvE so naturally it might be better to get a bit more. Note that everything i own is augmented and is currently augmented with power augments, after getting my implants/greaves i have the aim augments ready to maybe compensate with a little bit more crit rating if that's necessary.

Then there's the matter of the matrix cube i currently use, is it worth it to keep it or is the 50ish expertise gained from the warhero relic (and the additional proc of power) more usefull in the pvp environment to get more survivability and pushing my expertise up to 1300++.

TL;DR: How much crit/surge should i get before switching to power/alacrity and matrix cube or warhero relic for mroe expertise?

Note that i know that more alacrity means faster overheating but i can manage my heat well and getting that heal off faster can save someone's life.

I wonder if that crit is to high or not. I understand the desire for as much burst as possible for PvP but I wonder if the lose from diminishing returns would be better spent else where. I personally get doubtful when picking up Crit past 400 since the gain from power simply amplifies crit without the diminished returns.

Then again, I'm a power fanatic. :D

I'd suggest picking up the alacrity relic (or power if you are using the alacrity already) in place of the matrix cube. The alacrity relic is priceless when joined with overcharged gas and power shot spams (2-3k hits/1.25s as a healer with heat dropping down at the same time!)

Stat wise I shoot for Crit: 350-400 Surge: 250-300 Alacrity: 200.

Everything else goes towards power.

Edited by Codek

I'm pretty sure about the fact that my crit is too high, the question is how much. Fully buffed I can reach more than 45% at the moment which seems to be excessive.

About the alacrity thing, I literally thought about that a few minutes ago and i will certainly try it out, might come in handy at the occasional fight if I dont have to focus on the healing.

• 2 weeks later...
I know about the numbers, it's just that I'm not entirely sure for how much crit i should go in pvp. The next big question is do i really stack expertise? I'm at 1360 now but i can balance it out more to get other stats if that's better. Also should I use matrix cube or a second WH relic for extra expertise?

I know about the numbers, it's just that I'm not entirely sure for how much crit i should go in pvp. The next big question is do i really stack expertise? I'm at 1360 now but i can balance it out more to get other stats if that's better. Also should I use matrix cube or a second WH relic for extra expertise?

Expertise seems to not have a cap really anymore, so honestly I'd go for as much as you can because of the trauma pvp debuff.

I'd settle for around 40-50 crit (40 is good) since you should have the agent crit buff if people aren't slacking.

I'd also use the matrix cube since losing the expertise on one relic won't be that big of a deal.

I'll get 40% crit in my current build. Might swap out all my power augments for Aim ones to get a bit more crit but not too sure yet. As for my matrix cube, that's the only thing I'm not entirely sure about but i'll have to test a bit if the 57 extra expertise is worth it for the loss of a bit of crit rating and 58 aim.

I'll get 40% crit in my current build. Might swap out all my power augments for Aim ones to get a bit more crit but not too sure yet. As for my matrix cube, that's the only thing I'm not entirely sure about but i'll have to test a bit if the 57 extra expertise is worth it for the loss of a bit of crit rating and 58 aim.

That's really all you can do, have them both and swap them out for a few games, see which one works better for you. I'm running the matrix cube personally.