Do game time card purchasers count as active subscribers?

clintcasey

As a matter of principal, after the PSN hack and other problems, I don't use credit cards for online purchases because I don't want my information stolen. So to pay for my star wars subscription I've always just purchased a new 2 months game card when my play time is up.

If that is the case, would I count as an active subscriber to SW:TOR for the purposes of financial reporting, or not?

There is quite a big difference between an active subscription and a subscription tho.

I would be seriously suprised if even half of the current game subscriptions are actively being played.

There is quite a big difference between an active subscription and a subscription tho.

I would be seriously suprised if even half of the current game subscriptions are actively being played.

The reporting of active subscriptions occurs as part of EA's Earnings Calls and is intended as a measure of revenue potential. From a strictly financial perspective, it doesn't matter at all if the account in question is actually being used to play the game. This is the de facto standard for the industry.

If you have a cell phone plan and don't your phone, you also get counted as an active subscriber. This is no different.

Edited by Kthx