Smuggler/Agent Campaign Barrel Imbalance

adezero

All the campaign pistol barrels are patron barrels (60 end / 57 cunning)

All the campaign rifle barrels are skill barrels (49 end / 68 cunning)

If you're a smuggler, you're screwed getting high end barrels with stupid endurance.

If you're an agent, you get the best barrel on all three campaign weapons.

All the campaign pistol barrels are patron barrels (60 end / 57 cunning)

All the campaign rifle barrels are skill barrels (49 end / 68 cunning)

If you're a smuggler, you're screwed getting high end barrels with stupid endurance.

If you're an agent, you get the best barrel on all three campaign weapons.

Don't forget to compare main- and offhand.

you think i didnt? all 4 weapons have the patron barrel. 3 mainhands and the one offhand

Maybe... but what's with the sniper's offhand stats?

We don't have any relation to the smuggler's offhand yet

Don't forget to compare main- and offhand.

Also don't forget that, currently, only Gunslinger can use an augment in the second slot.

I am sure that at some point there will be augment slots in all offhand items, but for now GS has the advantage.

you can have an armstech RE the offhand for the augment slot. this is not part of the argument.

the point is the republic get screwed on a crap barrel

I don't think this is true, but using this same logic you can have an Armstech create a skill barrel for you.

I don't think this is true, but using this same logic you can have an Armstech create a skill barrel for you.

stop coming up with some stupid counter argument that is completely unrelated or totally unrealistic.

If you don't get it, you'd have to buy the barrel from the opposite faction. AND, they'd have to have an armstech RE their mainhand barrel (drop off the hardest boss in the game) for a chance at the barrel. very unlikely. the offhand is a different story because it isn't as important and a smart guild will RE the offhand of the 2nd boss for the chance at the pattern. also, empire doesn't get offhand cunning barrels.

I guess I shouldn't have even brought this up cause people on this forum don't get it

Edited by adezero

stop coming up with some stupid counter argument that is completely unrelated or totally unrealistic.

If you don't get it, you'd have to buy the barrel from the opposite faction. AND, they'd have to have an armstech RE their mainhand barrel (drop off the hardest boss in the game) for a chance at the barrel. very unlikely. the offhand is a different story because it isn't as important and a smart guild will RE the offhand of the 2nd boss for the chance at the pattern. also, empire doesn't get offhand cunning barrels.

I guess I shouldn't have even brought this up cause people on this forum don't get it

Sorry, did not mean to offend you.

The point is you can. You set the precedent of the technically possible, but impractical. This may change in 1.3, but as of now the average GS has an augment in the offhand, I don't think the average Sniper does, and if you read the Sniper forums, you will find complaints about this.

You seem a little touchy about it. Even if there were no other solution, do you really think an 11 cunning difference (and assuming no value to endurance) makes a class "screwed"?

Edited by Culhaven

For the time being you could take advantage of the augment slot in the offhand weapon that snipers don't have (yet) and drop in a +18 cunning augment.

These little ( and it is overall minor) discrepencies occur.I seem to remember some IMP player complaining about the Battlemaster assault cannon having a mod in it that had more of something or other that essentially added up to .5 of a percent of a chance at critting or some such.They also didn't realize/mention that commando do not have the offhand augment socket that mercs have available so overall no biggie.

A Gunslinger only has a DPS advantage if their accuracy is greater than 110% on specials over the Sniper and only then this a slight advantage.

The difference in barrels boils down to roughly 2.3 bonus damage, nothing in the grand scheme of things. Unless your hardcore min/max junkie.

Complaining about the barrel the off hand weapons, look at the actually damage on each weapon. You will note the Sniper rifle has a higher bottom and top damage and they are closer to together than the Gunslinger's blasters.

There are a lot of different weapon factors between the Gunslinger and Sniper but in the end the only advantage the Gunslinger has only happens when the Gunslinger's accuracy exceeds 110% on specials.

I was a bit disappointed at this as well. Not so much the imbalance, just the fact that all 3 of the smuggler weapons had patron barrels and not a single skill one. I'm hoping whatever tier NMM comes with has a bit more variety. The extra health pool is always nice, but with these higher difficulties more and more mechanics become necessary to dodge or avoid, and aside from a base amount of health required for small AoE ticks everything else is just useless when playing correctly.