Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Here's an idea for Undying Rage

lordkhouri

Congrats? The difference is marauders rotations actually consist of more CD's and abilities being used as well as the fact they have to build up rage to even do their burst. Annihilation spec goes through 5 gcd's before they even get their first big hit. Pyro? Their entire rotation is burst. Incendiary, railshot, unload (proc-lets face it, its rare that it doesn't proc) rail shot, power shot filler for proc and the occasional fusion missile and thermal detonator in between rotations.

Sitting in the background shooting people isn't all that difficult either, and when a melee jumps I just kite them with rapid shots...Marauders are in the middle of the cluster**** getting focus fired by everyone because they have 2 shiny flashlights and everyone is afraid of the for some stupid reason. They need the CD's they have, and the fact they have to be in melee range and have twice as many CD managements then any other class as well as a longer starter rotation makes them a more difficult class to play. This is why most marauders are fail and only a few stand out, while bad players can easily stand out with other classes.

Yawn.

You did not describe anything difficult or tricky which is what Mr. Chode is implying.

I never claimed that Merc is difficult to play. I'm simply clarifying that neither is a Marauder.

Edit: Also, PvP doesn't have rotations, that's PvE. I named 24 abilities for my Pyro Merc. Finally, the "complicated" aspect you mentioned is simply resource management. Mercs also have to deal with resource management.

Edited by crrypto

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most classes have similar ability..

Smugglers have that green shield around them. Troopers have similar ability too.

Sage is relatively weak right now. And last Shadows have resilience.

So, all classes should not receive any healing when they are using defensive abilities.

rofl., its a 99% dr, the agent thing is a 3 sec and ONLY absorbs white damage, troopers have a 25% dr cd, same CD time, sages have a absorb a hit thing, sentinels/mara can go next to immune to dmg and self heal to half with dots, ive been doing it since launch, and i have no problem admitting its op

Edited by HollowVamp

rofl., its a 99% dr, the agent thing is a 3 sec and ONLY absorbs white damage, troopers have a 25% dr cd, same CD time, sages have a absorb a hit thing, sentinels/mara can go next to immune to dmg and self heal to half with dots, ive been doing it since launch, and i have no problem admitting its op

Oh but you failed to mention the obvious advantage... they are RANGED!!!!

mara/sents range of their abilties at a range of 4m ( 90%) to 10m (9%) and about 1% are at 30m range.

others get there range at 30m+

Edited by Blloodbane

I love the marauders are hard to play argument =)

They should try any class that isn't a merc ...

I think the 99% damage reduction with 99% heal reduction would work perfectly for this ability

"Work perfectly" here meaning: I guess I can handle waiting another 5 seconds to win a fight, as long as I win. When I don't win, that class is OP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.