Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BEST build for PVP?

ISDcaptain

NO points in Ionized Ignition? the increase for your cell to trigger is a very good tool to have.

I think you might have a bad link or sometihing because Ionized ignition is only for plasma cell and doesnt effect ion cell. hes running, basically, the old iron fist build, which was fun. Unfortunately, my personal opinion of the build as posted, seems like you give DPS for survivability, and some survivability for DPS, making you great at neither. Yea you get some more sustained DPS, but its easily healed through, and besides your HIB you have no real burst.

I dont doubt its fun to play, as i loved iron fist (and tried a similar hybrid in 1.3), but you dont really have much more survivability than runing tactics with ion cell, but you do get storm, which makes you more mobile. I think with the amount of healing in the game, and the increasing HP totals, that your going to need more burst to really be effective. Thats just my opinion, but if your having fun with it, who really cares what anyone else thinks!

I would be interested in seeing/hearing your WZ totals though, averaged over 5 or so games. Shoot if it looks good i might go back to it! Good luck, I look forward to hearing about your experience.

I usually manage to be in the top three damage done, oftentimes even #1, even if I'm about 150k (sic!) behind what I used to do with AS. I usually clock in at between 250 and 300k in a non-Voidstar battle (add another 80-100k in Voidstar) depending on the setup and situation. As AS, my personal best was 620k in Voidstar, but on average and in a "normal" warzone I did around 400-450k.

I believe I could dish out some more if not for the fact I have a sort of reputation on my server for melting people's faces a bit too often (:p) and everyone that recognises me typically gangs up on me as prio. And pvp healers are in short supply on the server...

I tried out pure Tactics, but after having a taste of the amazing array of possibilities Storm gives, anything without said Storm feels like a coal wagon in comparison.

Edited by Yan_Venn

For a 4/6/31 Assault spec I should be getting the Eliminator PvP gear, right?

Also, what augments should I be getting to best maximize DPS? Should I use augments for this or maybe use some defensive augments or is this a waste?

Can anyone explain how min/maxing works? Like, is it fine to leave the War Hero Eliminator mods in or do people switch in and out their mods in everything?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.