I went to sleep did the game die in that time?

OneDon

With the large number of "SWTOR is going to die", "D3 killed SWTOR", "IF <<insert feature>> doesn't happen the game will die" threads I was certain that it was the 'end of days'.

I mean everyone on the forum has an opinion. If I didn't know better I'd think these people are armed with a complete set of analytics/metrics on server population, new/current/renewed subscriptions, turnover, profit and (inside) information of Bioware's project plan to determine what success looks like to the company.

In truth we don't and no the game is not going to die.

Yes the game needs developing, what MMO doesn't? WoW was released in 2004 and is still being developed. And believe it or not EverQuest was released in 1999 and is still being developed/getting content. This game is 6 months old, there hasn't been one truly player wide game breaking moment/bug/update. The devs communicate and customer support is helpful. You know server transfers are coming so why are you moaning?

The only reason people complain in the sensationlist fashion that they do is because it's a accepted culture in MMOs. Something doesn't work "game is going to die", A gaming decision is taken that you don't like "game is going to die". Truth of the matter is, the game is only going to die if you (i) stop playing and (ii) leave. If you're that upset speak with your wallet.

Frustrated by the lack of - what seems to be - basic features in others games. Disgruntled by the low server populations. Sensationlists posts and ultimatums don't help anyone. Constructive criticism does. AND if you look closely enough you'll realise that the devs actually do listen and respond to constructive, objective feedback.

So how about working with the devs to make this a better game as oppose to wishing it dead?

Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread. While we understand that players can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this (even when made with good intentions) tend to result in flame wars and have little room for constructive discussion. In the future, we encourage you to create threads that foster constructive discussion and not ones which criticize the community.

We appreciate your understanding that we've closed this thread!