Watchman: leg slash question

revolationz

Hi,

I'm kinda new to this class (only lvl 23) but the more I read about rotations for pvp, it makes me wonder if putting points into (inflammation) might be just as good as leg slash since I will always be applying cauterize anyway? The only reason I ask is because I'm already running out of room for my hot keys lol.

It applies a 50% slow 100% of the time. My apologies if I overlooked something

Thanks !

you can't guarantee being able to keep cauterize up on a target all the time. that said you don't necessarily always have to keep your target snared full time to stay on them, it depends on the target. I like the snare on cauterize because that often gives me an extra gcd and focus to use on damage by not always having to use leg slash, again depending on who I am fighting.

Hi,

I'm kinda new to this class (only lvl 23) but the more I read about rotations for pvp, it makes me wonder if putting points into (inflammation) might be just as good as leg slash since I will always be applying cauterize anyway? The only reason I ask is because I'm already running out of room for my hot keys lol.

It applies a 50% slow 100% of the time. My apologies if I overlooked something

Thanks !

Putting points in Inflammation is good for when your doing single target DPS, it's always good to snare an opponent that your attacking so that talent is a nice buff to the skill. Leg Slash is situational. In the end using both skills effectively can only profit.

The times I use Leg Slash:

-Enemy caps gate in Voidstar, Gate explodes and they begin to transition to the next gate. Well since Leg Slash had no cooldown we can essentially spam that move as a slow to everyone that transitions. So It's kinda funny, all

I do during those transitions is Tab > Leg Slash > Tab > Leg Slash > Tab > Leg Slash :D.

-Also if your Cauterize is on Cooldown, you can use leg slash in it's place if needed that is. So it's nice that you have a back up slow.

-Any situation involving a transition whether it be between Turrets or Gates, Leg Slash is pretty useful

Yup, you just gotta know when you need that move and how to implement it. Hope this helps.

Edited by blazerSERVE

Okay, thanks for the quick and insightful responses, it makes sense to have both available. And the thought of. (tab>leg slash>tab>leg slash) as people try to advance is a great idea, and makes me giggle. Love this class so far, its so fluid.

The game i use to play, DAoC, snares and other cc would actually cut the duration in half if applied twice. I.e. if I "shield slammed" someone, they would b stunned for 9 seconds.. If I did it imediately again, it would cut the duration to 4.5 secs (been a while but I think that's how it worked) but that is not true in SWTOR ?

Okay, thanks for the quick and insightful responses, it makes sense to have both available. And the thought of. (tab>leg slash>tab>leg slash) as people try to advance is a great idea, and makes me giggle. Love this class so far, its so fluid.

lol it makes me giggle as well

The game i use to play, DAoC, snares and other cc would actually cut the duration in half if applied twice. I.e. if I "shield slammed" someone, they would b stunned for 9 seconds.. If I did it imediately again, it would cut the duration to 4.5 secs (been a while but I think that's how it worked) but that is not true in SWTOR ?

I'm pretty sure that is not true in SWTOR

I've been looking at alot of specs posted in the forums, and I've noticed many for go the 31 point watchen abil: "merciless slash"

It looks like a "must have" to me, but is there any reason not to pick this up ?

Edited by revolationz
Oops double post-please delete

I've been looking at alot of specs posted in the forums, and I've noticed many for go the 31 point watchen abil: "merciless slash"

It looks like a "must have" to me, but is there any reason not to pick this up ?

If your a watchmen sentinel, this skill is a must have. It hits hella hard, and replaces the move "Slash". Getting merciless slash is a guarantee increase in DPS/burst. Also if your specced into Mind Sear, Merciless Slash gains a 66% chance to refresh the cooldown on cauterize, so thats a nice perk as well.

Edited by blazerSERVE

I'd use Kira all the way really. Rusk is great too but because you have t turn off his overdrive Beam to get him to work, his DPS falls just short of Kira's (assuming equal gear). Tank companions aren't that good really and DPS companions have zero downtime anyway since they get a free full heal if you dismiss and summon them again between fights. That said Scourge is nice tank though it's amost always more efficient to just bounce hate with Kira.

Doc is nice but to be honest he's only really useful for soloing Belsavis and Ilum Daily Heroics. The fact that a geared Kira's DPS plus medipacks will mean stuff dies before you need healing.

When Watchman, I personally don't find it all too useful for the following reasons:

• It can be cleansed off while as far as I remember, Leg Slash can't
  • Leg Slash has no CD so you aren't praying for an MS/Slash Proc
  • It uses no Focus. Watchman's biggest weakness is Focus inefficiency
  • Cauterise is only useful for 1v1 which rarely happens in PvP. If you're Watchman then your teammates should be keeping a target from moving. Gunslingers, Guardians, Sages and Combat Sentinels are kings at this and if you have one in your group you shouldn't need to Leg Slash
  • It's useless in PvE so you can't really use the same spec for PvE (or levelling) if you like to do both.
  • Lets face it, with Awe, Watchman's better Force Leap, Force Stasis, Transcendence and the 7 other players in your side in a Warzone, it's not hard to stay on a target at all in SWTOR PvP

The bolded point is very important. If you have a group to PvP with you can save those 2 points in inflammation and put them into something more useful.

Once again, u guys nailed it..

I used Kira to finish one of the class quests (forget the name, but was on taris) we basically just rolled thu and killed so quick there was no need for downtime... Just kept killing. I like my t7 but Kira is kinda hawt lol. I just wish she put her saber away once in a while. It seems like its always out. I'm am embarrassed to say I didn't know about the (dismiss the companion and re summon for a full heal) that's a great idea... Once again I just have to say I love this class. I don't think It's over powered, I hope they don't need it from other people qq'ing.

Thanks again for alll the responses everyone !!!

Ok, ive decided to take those points out of inflammation. I've been lookin thru recommended watchman specs but, the ones I've looked at, and felt the op knew what he/she was talking about , seem to b outdated. Again I'm only lvl 23 but if anyone can link me to a "cookie cutter" watchman spec I'd appreciate it. I love to pvp, and I pretty much pve class quests and some heroics when I see a "LF DPS". Once I learn more about the class I'm sure I'll form my own opinions, but for now I'm just looking for a little direction.

Thanks again !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.