If You Listen To Music During Questing What Are Your Favorite Genres Of All Time

JoanThom

*Hey all I recently came back to this thread and wanted to update it, but I no longer listen to most of the groups now, so I decided to delete it since I have move on to different genres. * Thanks for understating and posting your guy's favorites as well! Edited by JoanThom

Hey guys I'm a super huge music buff

Aero Smith

Aerosmith is one word ;)

Not a bad list, but you left off Motorhead and Iron Maiden! how dare you! :D

Edit:

I also just noticed that you have Nickleback on your list.

No soup for you!

Edited by Thundergulch

I mostly listen to movie or game themes. Among my favorites, there're:

-Black Hawk Down - Gortoz A Ran (J'attends)

-Brave - Tha Mo Ghaol Air Aird A' Chuan

-Harold & Maude - If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out

-E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - Escape, Chase, Saying Goodbye

-Elder Scrolls 3 - Nerevar Rising

-Enchanted - Happy Working Song

-FF7 - Main Theme (Orchestra Version)

-Highlander - Who Wants To Live Forever

-Howl's Moving Castle - Merry Go Round of Life

-In The Mood For Love - Angkor Wat Theme Finale

-Jade Empire - A Night Out

-Kelly's Heroes - Burning Bridges

-LOTR FOTR - Concerning Hobbits

-LOTR FOTR - May It Be

-LOTR TTT - Samwise the Brave

-Medal of Honor - Main Theme

-Monkey Island SE OST - Introduction

-Portal - Still Alive

-Raiders of the Lost Ark - The Raiders March

-Rainbow 6 Raven Shield - Main Menu

-Shaolin Soccer - Opening

-Spirited Away - Futatabi

-Superbrothers, Sword and Sworcery - Lone Star

-Superman - Main Title

-Star Wars Themes

-SWTOR - Main Theme (Remix)

-The Last Of The Mohicans - Promentory

-The Myth - Endless Love

-The Thin Red Line - God Yu Tekem Laef Blong Mi

Oh! I nearly forgot the Beastie Boys! I listen to them since Hello Nasty. I was so sad when I learned about the death of MCA. :jawa_frown:

Edited by Sammm

I'll listen to whatever. Fire up winamp and use shoutcast yeah. Sometimes I'll listen to some top 40, switch to a rock station... there's one of the few darkcore stations I frequent.. meh.

I'll listen to whatever. Fire up winamp and use shoutcast yeah. Sometimes I'll listen to some top 40, switch to a rock station... there's one of the few darkcore stations I frequent.. meh.

Thank you for making me discover Shoutcast. I usually go to Live365 but Shoutcast is great too. Thank you again.

Aerosmith is one word ;)

Not a bad list, but you left off Motorhead and Iron Maiden! how dare you! :D

Edit:

I also just noticed that you have Nickleback on your list.

No soup for you!

You are my new favorite person.

On to the topic at hand! I usually play with Pandora on, with all my musical tastes crammed into one station. It ranges from Motley Crue to Iron Maiden, from Queensryche to Led Zeppelin, from Jason Mraz to LMFAO, from comedy acts like Stephen Lynch and Tim Minchin, to more serious stuff like Evanescence. It really is a huge range of music. The only genres I don't have in it are country, folk, classical... That kinda stuff. Though I do have some a cappella groups, like Straight No Chaser.

Sex pistols are the only band listed there that are actually punk rock. Damn kids....

You're right, actually. The rest are all alternative. xD I'd never in a million years consider All American Rejects, MCR, or Fall Out Boy to be punk.

Well they are alternative but I always thought that they had a punkish side to them idk maybe its just me but who knows :D

and I should have listed the sex pistols as punk rock it happends my bad on that but hey yea know :p

Edited by JoanThom

I have two play lists I use depending on what I am doing. One is a heavy, fight type music list, and the other is just an out and about list.

I wont list all the bands but to name a few....

Metallica, Linkin Park, Korn, Incubus, Sublime, Slipnot, Bullet for My Valentine, Five Finger Death Punch, Krazyie Bone, Bone thugs, Ice Cube, Ludacris, Tech N9ne, Eminem, Yelawolf, KRS One, Eric B & Rakim, EPMD, Jedi Mind Tricks, Bob Seger, Evanescence, DMX, The Eagles, Kid Frost, Phil Collins, System of a Down, Tool, the Fugees, Tu Pac. ect....

Some songs are made by myself and a very good friend. :D

Talk Radio or Pod Casts.

Opie and Anthony, Ron and Fez, Jim Breuer, 5 Decisions Away, You Know What Dude Podcast, Jay Mohr's podcast, Kevin Smith, Hollywood Babble On.

The downside is that I'm listening to the Podcast/Radio and not paying attention to my decision choices. I've made some very foolish decisions and then wondered why I killed a kid or poisened a water supply...

The downside is that I'm listening to the Podcast/Radio and not paying attention to my decision choices. I've made some very foolish decisions and then wondered why I killed a kid or poisened a water supply...

Yeah, I've been there too.

Even better would be the Weird Al version. xD

white and nerdy ftw! Hahaha

Tool - 10,000 Days or Lateralus.

love a fellow tool fan! Aenema/Pu****/ are good too.

On a serious note tho,

Metallica Enter Sandman, i mean this song should be on every dude's swtor playlist

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

Guns N Roses - Welcome to the jungle

Slipknot - Sod it all

Trance usually, especially any of the In Search Of Sunrise or A State Of Trance albums, plus the most recent Trance Nation ones (as I find the earlier ones quite rubbish).

I do often listen to game soundtracks too, such as Super Mario Galaxy, or anime soundtracks as well, such as Escaflowne, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist etc. I also have a penchant for lighter music, such as the easy-listening of Late Night Alumni or the chilled vocals of Lisa Hannigan.

It really all just depends on the mood I'm in when I'm gaming. I've even got the Star Wars albums (all of them) that I can listen to when I need a fix of Star Wars music that doesn't cut out after a minute each time. (Yes, that was a not-so-subtle dig at the fact that SWTOR's music only plays for short periods of time before cutting out for massive periods of time.)

Music for questing is essential IMO, because the epic battle music isn't playing the whole time, so it doesn't feel as fun the whole time :p

I usually just load up my pandora, or play my favorites playlist on itunes. No special song or any specific band I listen to :)

I dont generally listen to music during gameplay (cant alt+tab away cause it will break the ability to take screenshots during cutscenes), but Id propably listen to some epic music á la two steps from hell, or various metal.

Before SWTOR was launched, I kept reading wookiepedia for stuff related to ancient sith lords, dark side of the force, etc, with this song in repeat. (Manowar: gods of war)