Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

DPS Kinetic build

MasterGladius

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rsMszMszZGrMRzZs.1

This is a build I put together in an experiment. It is intended to be for PvP. I am aware that the DPS is probably not good enough for high end PvE, though it probably is more sustainable than a traditional Infiltrator build.

I used a 22/15/0 build to get Stasis (20% Armor boost and out of stealth Spinning Kick), pick up Particle Acceleration and Bombardment to give a steady and moderately beefy Project by combining these with Circling Shadows, and including a constant +30% to Force Regeneration.

In case it wasn't obvious, this is not a tank, nor is it intended to be. You will be using a Focus and be in Shadow Technique form. In theory, unlike most Infiltrator builds, you can open with Shadow Strike since your initial Force Regen is 80% above base. Then you hit with a Force Breach. Then you spam Double Strike until either Find Weakness or Particle Acceleration procs and hit the respective ability. Hit Breach again as you are able.

Gear wise I would theorize you should be stacking Power, Surge, and Crit chance, in that order. In the opening, you may be using a lot of CC, so Willpower is more important than Endurance by far.

I was posting this for feedback, both to critique the build for tweaking and for a little theory crafting on its performance in PvP and PvE. Thanks in advance to those who take the time to look this over and get a good conversation rolling.

Edited by MasterGladius
link update

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rsMszMszZGrMRzZs.1

Then you spam Double Strike until either Find Weakness or Particle Acceleration procs and hit the respective ability.

You may be on to something to allow for a variety in play but I would note that Particle Acceleration can only proc if you are using Combat Technique. You stated this is to be used with Shadow so may want to change using a point for that.

I noticed the same thing, the issue is that you don't seem to have anything that hits really hard in there or a way to setup much other than shadow strike. The build will work exceptionally well to stealth and shadow spam based on your high regen and stealth talents, but I don't see it standing up well in pvp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.