Crafting and what skill level.

OneDon

How do you find out what crafting level you are?

OK, so I have artiface and I have a schematic that requires me to be level 20 to learn it. The highest level item I can craft is level 15. When I click the schematic (lightsaber) it won't let me learn it and tells me I'm not at that level.

How do I find out what crafting level I am?

It is not, "press n" or the 91/400 listed next to Artiface in my crew management window. Is there any way I can find out what crafting level I am?

Are you sure the level 20 isn't to use the resulting item rather than craft it and the actual craft skill required is closer to 120 or 200 or something?

Otherwise, yes it is by pressing N, and yes it is out of 400.

when getting schematics from a vendor, you need a certain crafting level before they will even show up i.e. 120 armormech. to learn a schematic you have returned from a gathering mission, there is a character level requirement I.e. level 20. if this is what OP is talking about then its his/her character level they needs to raise

There is no limit on your character level when learning schematics or crafting items, the only limit is that in order to learn a schematic you need to be at or above the schematic's crafting skill level, which you see in your crew skill window.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you are trying to craft the Custom-built Lightsaber, which is item level 20, and you need to have artifice level 100 in order to learn the schematic.

http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/5681/custom_built_lightsaber/

when getting schematics from a vendor, you need a certain crafting level before they will even show up i.e. 120 armormech. to learn a schematic you have returned from a gathering mission, there is a character level requirement I.e. level 20. if this is what OP is talking about then its his/her character level they needs to raise

aha, that i did not know or have encountered so far.

aha, that i did not know or have encountered so far.

Because it does not work that way. I have a level 13 Jedi who just hit 400 synthweaving. I can learn any schematic. It does not matter what character level is required to wear/use the item. The only thing that matters when learning a schematic is that you have the crafting level required to learn the schematic.

Because it does not work that way. I have a level 13 Jedi who just hit 400 synthweaving. I can learn any schematic. It does not matter what character level is required to wear/use the item. The only thing that matters when learning a schematic is that you have the crafting level required to learn the schematic.

i can see when i am wrong. but perhaps it has happened this way for me, because i have crafted while i leveled up. i have crafted all my own gear though the leveling process, and i guess my crafting level has been around my character level all the way, so to me it just seemed that i had to be level 20 to learn a schematic that said level 20 on it, beacsue at the same time my crafting level was at the required level.

still you learn something new everyday, and i'm sorry if my information was misleading any1 (but to be fair i was also mislead by my own information :o)