Integrate Crew Skills into Character Quests

Cerion

I realize that this occurs during some Flashpoints already. Slicers can slice a lock to gain access to areas within the mission.

I'd like to see crew skills used in similar ways and far more extensively within the rest of the game. For example:

• Archaeology: Could be used to unlock codex entries, or information about unlocking properties of relics.
  • Investigation: Used to discover information about current missions, secret tunnels, weakness of boss mobs
  • Slicing: along with picking locks, access to computer databases for mission information, codex entries.
  • Underworld Trading: Chance to find a black market trading NPC who gives you a better price on grey items. Companion with such a skill, whether crit chance or efficiency, can be sent to sell grey items with similar increase in credits.
  • Treasure Hunting: upon targeting a particular mob, the treasure hunter can detect what the rare drops are for that particular mob. Also, the treasure hunter can locate more easily rare world spawns like those found on Belsavis (Rakata energy cubes), or can detect where security chests have spawned.
  • Scavenging: With a space revamp, this skill would allow you to find derelict ships, board them and recover junk.

These are just examples, and of course I haven't covered all the Crew Skills. Maybe others can add ideas to this thread.

I'd like to see the crew skills expanded and differentiated so as to give them more uniqueness. I mean, as it stands now, Treasure Hunting is essentially Underworld Trading. Scavenging the same as Archaeology. The only real difference is the materials they return, and by themselves really don't exemplify what they're called. One doesn't really feel as though your participating in an archaeological event with archaeology. Scavenging does a bit better job at this because it feels like you're sifting through and picking up junk.