Should full resolve last longer

Henu

^^This

this ^^

it aint already ? wee tee eff

the last days i was learning the resolve system somewhat better.

while it is a nice idea to counter some cc, it doesnt work half a way as a "useable" tool.

should this really be because not all CCs considered CCs ?

GW2 isn't free to play.

You still have to buy the game ($60). You just don't have to pay for subscriptions, but then they'll have an ingame shop where you'll spend probably more than $50 a month if you're hardcore.

Edited by ComeAndSee

this ^^

it aint already ? wee tee eff

the last days i was learning the resolve system somewhat better.

while it is a nice idea to counter some cc, it doesnt work half a way as a "useable" tool.

should this really be because not all CCs considered CCs ?

CC in SWTOR means any ability that prevents the use of all abilities.

Movement imparing effects are part of the Kiting Metagame and are therefore NOT CC (adding snares and roots to Resolve would make all melee classes SUPER overpowered).

CC in SWTOR means any ability that prevents the use of all abilities.

Movement imparing effects are part of the Kiting Metagame and are therefore NOT CC (adding snares and roots to Resolve would make all melee classes SUPER overpowered).

no it would not because resolve only triggers after a used revive (incase of a guardian i.e.)

now revive has a 2min CD.

so how exacly does it make you SOPe if you have every 2 minutes this actual lousy amount of immunity ?

no it would not because resolve only triggers after a used revive (incase of a guardian i.e.)

now revive has a 2min CD.

so how exacly does it make you SOPe if you have every 2 minutes this actual lousy amount of immunity ?

Ranged HAVE to keep melee slowed/snared in order to kite them. They have to kite them in order to avoid having their faces melted from melee burst. If you allow melee to build immunity via slows/snares then melee will only be able to be kited for a short period, followed by a period where they cannot be kited in which they melt everyone around.

Ranged rely on whittling down your health while you chase them.

Melee rely on periods of burst separated by periods of chasing.

I am of the opinion resolve could use the following tweaks

1. Mezzes build less resolve

2. Roots build more resolve (currently 0)

3. Resolve threshold increased (too easy to make somebody hit full resolve)

4. Resolve decay lowered (if somebody overcced u, their fault)

Just want to point out that lowering the cooldown on cc breaker or having resolve fill more quickly/with more different types of cc/decay slower will only make defending on Alderaan, Voidstar and Novare even easier than it already is. Is that something we want?

Another interesting point: Depending on situation ,sometimes I will toss out a cc even when I know it will fill resolve, in the hopes the player will use his cc breaker. I know my cc will be up before his cc breaker is.

Edited by LarryRow

I know there are many people that hate the amount of CC in PVP and i too get a bit sick of being stunned but my pet hate is the fully white resolve bar that means next to nothing..

Here is what happens, Huttball, i got near the center and im stunned with a 8 second stun right away, and most people would use there stun breaker to get out, so your sitting about 80% resolve at this time, next thing you know your hit again with another 8 sec stun so your bar goes full and with no way to break out of it, now if your near the middle and not moving you will have everyone pound on you till your dead.

So you spawn with full white resolve bar, and you run back into play and by the time you get into combat again your resolve is back to normal.

Why can't we have it last up to 30 or 40 sec's?

or in PVP have the timer of our stun breaker reduced?

No, if you are hit with an 8 second "Stun" (If it gave 800 resolve it's a daze/mezz not a stun) I'd just wait it out. Damage will break it anyway. Stop CC breaking the very first thing that hits you.

I wish interrupts would add resolve. It is technically controlling a caster. You can pretty much interrupt, cc, interrupt, cc, and kill a caster while they are completely shut down and/or running for their life.

Resolve on snares might be helpful as well.

Edited by Ronaya

I wish interrupts would add resolve. It is technically controlling a caster. You can pretty much interrupt, cc, interrupt, cc, and kill a caster while they are completely shut down and/or running for their life.

Resolve on snares might be helpful as well.

The best interrupts are melee ranged ones. Don't stand in the pocket of a MELEE dps.