Matrix Cube, or Proc Damage Relic?

Freeborne

I'm really on the fence about this. I wish there was an easy way to quantify how much DPS the Matrix Cube gives you.

The Cube:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/3698/matrix-cube-m7-b3

+58 Aim

+50 Endurance

+24 Critical Rating

Relentless Winds (An on proc damage relic)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/30349/relentless-winds

+77 Endurance

On Hit: Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 224 additional kinetic damage to the target. This effect can only occur once every 4.5 seconds, and shares this limit with similar damage-dealing effects.

How do you guys feel about choosing between the two?

(Note, the other relic slot uses an "on use" relic that boosts power or crit/surge)

My advice is matrix cube + proc'ing relic for most fights, swap the proc relic with a clicky power relic before fights when burst DPS is more important. Also, you should not ignore the internal/elemental damage relics just because they have lower numbers. Those types of damage bypass armor, which on raid bosses we can infer is around 35% damage reduction. So 224 - 35% = 146 actual damage dealt from those, which is less than the 184 internal/elemental damage relics. Even reducing the armor to 19.5% damage reduction with armor piercing cell and grav rounds means 224 - 19.5% = 180.

My experience with the proc'ing relics is they add around 35-40 DPS to your total.

I would not advise a clicky crit+surge relic, as your gear should already be pushing you pretty far into the diminishing returns of crit chance and especially surge rating.

My advice is matrix cube + proc'ing relic for most fights, swap the proc relic with a clicky power relic before fights when burst DPS is more important. Also, you should not ignore the internal/elemental damage relics just because they have lower numbers. Those types of damage bypass armor, which on raid bosses we can infer is around 35% damage reduction. So 224 - 35% = 146 actual damage dealt from those, which is less than the 184 internal/elemental damage relics. Even reducing the armor to 19.5% damage reduction with armor piercing cell and grav rounds means 224 - 19.5% = 180.

My experience with the proc'ing relics is they add around 35-40 DPS to your total.

I would not advise a clicky crit+surge relic, as your gear should already be pushing you pretty far into the diminishing returns of crit chance and especially surge rating.

I'm sold. Will work on replacing my clickies starting tonight. Thanks for the convincing arguments (both here and in the other thread).

I'm really on the fence about this. I wish there was an easy way to quantify how much DPS the Matrix Cube gives you.

The Cube:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/3698/matrix-cube-m7-b3

+58 Aim

+50 Endurance

+24 Critical Rating

Relentless Winds (An on proc damage relic)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/30349/relentless-winds

+77 Endurance

On Hit: Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 224 additional kinetic damage to the target. This effect can only occur once every 4.5 seconds, and shares this limit with similar damage-dealing effects.

How do you guys feel about choosing between the two?

(Note, the other relic slot uses an "on use" relic that boosts power or crit/surge)

First of all you'll want to drop the crit/surge relic altogether and pick up a power one. Crit will just increase your chances of hitting harder(and not that much since odds are you are already close to the DR) and surge has a pretty strict DR so if you are at or above 75% there is no point in using a relic or adrenal for surge. Power will guarantee you a damage increase for the entire duration when you use that relic. Secondly like the previous poster said you'll want to use your Proc Relic and the Matrix Cube for most fights for the best DPS unless you know the fight is going to be a burst heavy fight and then i would swap the Proc Relic for an on use Power Relic.

To Clarify, I'm lumping On use relics (Power) or Surge/Crit together because they share the same cool down. There's no point to having both equipped.

I'm not suggestion anyone use the Crit/Surge one. But some players might be stuck with it because the power relic hasn't dropped for them yet.