Can SWTOR be Saved ?

pilotjosh

Counter-example: last year was absolutely disastrous for CCP, the developers of EVE Online. They had a huge dip in subscriptions - not just that, but a huge dip in subscriptions after a huge and much ballyhooed update. There were titanic threads sailing majestically through the forums, lots of people threatening to quit, and quitting, and giving evidence of it.

But CCP acted fast, admitted their mistakes, turned the game around in a few months, and now EVE has more subscribers than it's ever had, and the trajectory is up again.

And what's more: this isn't the first time CCP has pulled back from such a disaster.

So it is possible.

Well to be fair, the players attacked a hub to protest a ship being sold for real world cash. Maybe bioware needs to have a giant statue of "whatever devs hated the most that month" for the player base to destroy.

Edited by williambr

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be fair, the players attacked a hub to protest. Maybe bioware needs to have a giant statue of "whatever devs hated the most that month" for the player base to destroy.

CCP is a TEXTBOOK example of a company that had a passion for their game, building a rapport with their customers/users, getting a little egotistical, making idiotic changes, angering the user community... AND THEN REALIZING THEY WERE KILLING THE SACRED COW AND BACKING THE @#$% OFF FROM PUSHING THEIR AGENDA AND ONCE AGAIN MAKING A PRODUCT THE USERS WANTED TO CONSUME.

CCP is a TEXTBOOK example of a company that had a passion for their game, building a rapport with their customers/users, getting a little egotistical, making idiotic changes, angering the user community... AND THEN REALIZING THEY WERE KILLING THE SACRED COW AND BACKING THE @#$% OFF FROM PUSHING THEIR AGENDA AND ONCE AGAIN MAKING A PRODUCT THE USERS WANTED TO CONSUME.

Exactly, they realized they had a sinking ship, and actually listened to their community and WERE COMMUNICATIVE about the changes they were working on as fast as they could, that is what saved them from completely going under. Bioware needs to do the same, and stop being a ego driven. They need to admit their mistakes and act on them before everyone decides enough is enough, this game can still be saved IMO but they need to act fast

Just wanted to add one more thing to all you people who don't think the game is in ANY trouble whatsoever, and their are plenty of you. If the game wasn't in trouble or headed for failure, just look at all the threads JUST LIKE THIS, and even Google TOR failure threads and you will find THOUSANDS of people upset, done with the game, evidence of massive subscription loss, and you will see the evidence yourself, if there wasn't issues with this game and it was the greatest thing ever, like some of you claim, why are there thousands of upset consumers, and people calling this the TORTANIC? if this game wasn't in trouble, we wouldn't be making, and posting in threads like this.

Just wanted to add one more thing to all you people who don't think the game is in ANY trouble whatsoever, and their are plenty of you. If the game wasn't in trouble or headed for failure, just look at all the threads JUST LIKE THIS, and even Google TOR failure threads and you will find THOUSANDS of people upset, done with the game, evidence of massive subscription loss, and you will see the evidence yourself, if there wasn't issues with this game and it was the greatest thing ever, like some of you claim, why are there thousands of upset consumers, and people calling this the TORTANIC? if this game wasn't in trouble, we wouldn't be making, and posting in threads like this.

It is possible that thousands bought something that they were expecting to be something else you know. I mean if I bought a justin Bieber album and expected slayer riffs out of it, well that's me not doing my research

Well, I might actually take all that very seriously if this wasn't the sort of motions EVERY MMO THAT EVER LAUNCHED have also gone through once or twice. Unfortunately, seeing as how this sort f doom and gloom has been present in a period in the life of pretty much every mmo before tor, I'm just going to have to take the armageddon prophecies for this game the same way I take the 2012 end of the world prophecies: With a grain of salt. And a hearty laugh.

^

Your really want to bring in a free to play shooter into this debate? Really??!!??!!??

OK

That F2P Shooter MMO generally has more people competing against each other than the number of people playing on fleet in prime time on the Pay-To-Play light servers.

There...there is your CoD vs SwToR comparison.

Next, you will attack my misspelled words for lack of a better argument.

or

Go Shut Up Re-Roll Lol Lulz....

pathetic

LOL, good luck arguing with that guy, he and that jeramiecrowe guy just attack anyone on these boards who are critical about any part of the game. The skidrow guy has said he wants the game to be like vanilla wow "the root of mmos" (his words not mine)

Only one of them has a level 50 and neither of them have done any hm Flashpoints or done any OPS. In other words, neither of them have any idea what so ever about this game and from their past posts, any mmo at all.

If you argue with them youll just get tired and leave before you get anywhere because they arent here to discuss how to turn this game around, theyre just here to jump anyone that is here for that reason.

LOL, good luck arguing with that guy, he and that jeramiecrowe guy just attack anyone on these boards who are critical about any part of the game. The skidrow guy has said he wants the game to be like vanilla wow "the root of mmos" (his words not mine)

Only one of them has a level 50 and neither of them have done any hm Flashpoints or done any OPS. In other words, neither of them have any idea what so ever about this game and from their past posts, any mmo at all.

If you argue with them youll just get tired and leave before you get anywhere because they arent here to discuss how to turn this game around, theyre just here to jump anyone that is here for that reason.

Hey, not my fault you thought you bought a WoW clone and feel ripped off and have to bash it day in and out. If enjoying the game is my only downfall so be it. And FYI when I said "roots" i meant as in the long leveling curve WoW used to have. Not the instant gratification to 85 now

Edited by Skidrowbro

False. And if you really think so, then you don't read my posts, especially the ones where I, myself, have been critical about several parts of this game. So, please stop the libel. Thanks.

In fact, I'm about to go on another rant about the lack of Hypertech Artifact Fragments in this game. The supply is nowhere NEAR the demand.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

that neither of you have any idea what you are talking about, go level to 50 and learn soemthing instead of spouting ignorant crap about stuff you know nothing of., do some ops and hm flashpoints, then come here and lecture us on how awful a cross server lfg tool is, or how easy it is to get groups on your server. Edited by Mallorik

Not going to be saved. Playing on one of those heavy servers a month ago. I switched to it soon as I seen my starting server was not going to last. I log on and 60 people in fleet on the Empire side. Game needs mergers and cross server Q's asap. It wont happen and Im not going to pay to see it. Maybe in a few months Ill get an email of free play time to check things out.

i just dont understand why BW havent say anything about the topic that the community really need to be fix

are they so speachless and dont trust in they own self anymore?

the community need answers, even if is just for rage more, but we are reaching the braking point, they need to speak

soon, or be silent and just let the game die.

The game can definitely be saved if they make quality of life changes for the game ASAP. If they sit on it they will more than likely retain enough subs to keep it profitable but only for a niche market instead of a broad audience.

90% of the people on TA have unsubbed, however all they are waiting for is server transfer and ranked WZs with crosser server queuing. I have remained to grind out my WAR HERO gear so i am not under geared for the above. Edited by captindoom

Elder Scroll Online is going to be too big hit in my opinion. Sad to see this happening to Bioware. I could almost cry. I loved them and still do.

Elder Scrolls Online will take everything that people like about Elder Scroll and crap all over it. Its going to be a pretty version of WoW with ES lore.

As far as SWTOR being saved, of course it could be saved. Will it? Who knows, with the way things are going lately its like they want players to go find other games to play.

that neither of you have any idea what you are talking about, go level to 50 and learn soemthing instead of spouting ignorant crap about stuff you know nothing of., do some ops and hm flashpoints, then come here and lecture us on how awful a cross server lfg tool is, or how easy it is to get groups on your server.

What are you talking about?! Are you on something? Did you forget that I'M the one that suggested an LFG tool with an X-server toggle?!

For crying out loud...some people's kids... :rolleyes:

Elder Scrolls Online will take everything that people like about Elder Scroll and crap all over it. Its going to be a pretty version of WoW with ES lore.

As far as SWTOR being saved, of course it could be saved. Will it? Who knows, with the way things are going lately its like they want players to go find other games to play.

Indeed, making more copies of wow is not the way to go anymore, people are sick to death and want something new - tsw and gw2 are two good examples of this.

I've already been fairly disappointed in TESO already. No player housing? Hell, I was hoping that the combat would at least be close to the current combat in Skyrim and Oblivion. And no first-person view?! What the hell, ZeniMax...

I think as is the norm, EA's CEO was playing to the audience. Analysts have been pegging earnings to this game too much, and he is seeking to kill the issue for the year. The game isn't a failure as such. But it also will absolutely NOT be the monster hit that was expected by many. And in truth, I think they simply need to get their heads out of the clouds, accept that the hype is now OVER, and keep working to build. This game is on a lot of people's "wait for the big update" list. If they can clean up the mess, they'll be around a long time.

Personally, I see the free transfers as a first step towards merging servers. Let the crowds even out, see what servers are truly viable, then either they will consolidate, or start moving towards Free-to-Play.

Regardless, be it at the end of this year, or next year, or the year after, this game will go Free-to-play. In fact I wonder if that option isn't factored into seeing how the rest of this year goes.

Indeed, making more copies of wow is not the way to go anymore, people are sick to death and want something new - tsw and gw2 are two good examples of this.

I'd agree with this even more if GW2 wasn't so PvP based. It'll have it's niche with the heavy PvP players, but I'm not sure how it'll keep the people who prefer a good balance of PvE to PvP or who enjoy PvE a bit more. The event style quests look great, but for some reason I see them ending up like they did in Warhammer or the Rift events in Rift. If there's no reason for people to do them, they won't, which tends to alienate the PvE crowd. Also, 3+ hour 5 man dungeons would get old pretty quick. 1-2 hours cool, but there has to be more of a reason to do it over and over other than for looks.

Regardless, be it at the end of this year, or next year, or the year after, this game will go Free-to-play. In fact I wonder if that option isn't factored into seeing how the rest of this year goes.

I agree, I have a feeling if drastic changes aren't implemented quickly, there going to have no choice but to go F2P to keep servers alive, cuz at this rate, nobody wants to pay 15$ a month to level a toon in 3 days, and sit around waiting for them to give us new content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.