>> Universal Keybind Guide For All Classes

DkSharktooth

doesn't help as a healing scoundrel at all, but good thing to put effort into it, may definitely be helpful for some other classes/roles. people should use more than just 1-0 ;D

(btw I use R, F and C to use my 'bubble' and then go into 'emergency stealth' :p)

doesn't help as a healing scoundrel at all, but good thing to put effort into it, may definitely be helpful for some other classes/roles. people should use more than just 1-0 ;D

(btw I use R, F and C to use my 'bubble' and then go into 'emergency stealth' :p)

I am curious as to which abilities that you have which do not fit this guide? I am least familiar with the operative class, so I will make adjustments if I am missing something.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I wouldn't use the same keys for my binds, as I have some problems using the keyboard (I have to be VERY ergonomic in how I sit, or I get stellar migraines) and use a USB number keypad for movement with my left hand, mouse with the right. But it definitely changed how I LOOK at keybinds across my toons. I'll be taking a new look at my various keybinds and rearranging them across toons based on your absolutely true theory of universality....I'm facepalming that I didn't look at it that way before, so thanks for the slap upside the head :p

I'll also be referring some guildies to your guide, because I think many of us come from games where the differences are far greater than the similarities, and we're just not used to thinking "Oh, Character X has just the same skills as Characters Y and Z." Except with the mirror classes! And I have some guildies where even that's been a stretch.

I am curious as to which abilities that you have which do not fit this guide? I am least familiar with the operative class, so I will make adjustments if I am missing something.

well as I said, I use my r, f and c keys for something entirely different. buuut I use my skills differently, anyway. to say what I would change as a whole I'd have to watch your video a couple more times and probably do some thinking (there's a reason why I would never be able to write or record a guide myself. lol)

I do think, though, that your guide will be helpful for people, anyway. my personal opinion is that people should never follow a guide 100% to begin with and make their 'adjustments' to the playstyle they feel most comfortable with :)

edit:

to give you an idea why your guide is not for me, this might actually help, because I uploaded a random video of just me running around aimlessly yesterday ;)

as you can see, my 'main abilities' are actually on the left side (I use 1-5 for my heals, and then some odd keys such as +,-,#, ´) and my cooldowns and attacks on the bottom (I use the numpad to activate them)

Edited by amnie

I do think, though, that your guide will be helpful for people, anyway. my personal opinion is that people should never follow a guide 100% to begin with and make their 'adjustments' to the playstyle they feel most comfortable with :)

This is very true. Everyone who tries out any keybinding guide should always make adjustments to best suit their individual needs. I have personally made multiple changes as I leveled my alts to best fit the universal pattern in this guide.

I wouldn't use the same keys for my binds, as I have some problems using the keyboard (I have to be VERY ergonomic in how I sit, or I get stellar migraines) and use a USB number keypad for movement with my left hand, mouse with the right. But it definitely changed how I LOOK at keybinds across my toons. I'll be taking a new look at my various keybinds and rearranging them across toons based on your absolutely true theory of universality....I'm facepalming that I didn't look at it that way before, so thanks for the slap upside the head :p

I'll also be referring some guildies to your guide, because I think many of us come from games where the differences are far greater than the similarities, and we're just not used to thinking "Oh, Character X has just the same skills as Characters Y and Z." Except with the mirror classes! And I have some guildies where even that's been a stretch.

No problem. Let me know if you have any questions.