Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Mercenary healing - First impressions

dende

Therefore once you use SCG the rotation I am currently using is :

HS > RS > HS > RS > HS > RS

You should be able to squeeze the above into the 10 second window of the SCG.

A HS spam is still a viable options in an emergency as that .5 seconds might make all the difference. With no/very little alacrity you can cast HS 7 times in the 10 seconds if you keep the spam up.

I don't really see why you'd prefer that unless planning to Vent Heat right afterwards. Starting at 0 heat (best scenario) HS spam means you hit the 2nd dissipation tier after 4 casts, and go into the 3rd by the 7th;

however, alternating hs-rs you get through the full rotation before you break the 1st tier barrier.

In any case, I fail to see why any of you would skip KM during SCG...

Edited by Urkanan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to MMOs and am playing a Merc Healer with PvP as my main focus. The thread has been a very interesting read.

Any comments on how we expect 1.2 to effect a healer spec for PvP? I see that our damage AoEs are getting a smaller radius but I don't recall seeing healing nerfs for BH/Merc mentioned.

BTW, I'm only level 21 so I've barely scratched surface the skill tree.

I'm new to MMOs and am playing a Merc Healer with PvP as my main focus. The thread has been a very interesting read.

Any comments on how we expect 1.2 to effect a healer spec for PvP? I see that our damage AoEs are getting a smaller radius but I don't recall seeing healing nerfs for BH/Merc mentioned.

BTW, I'm only level 21 so I've barely scratched surface the skill tree.

Lots of them.

http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes/313976

Basically most of our core abilities are getting nerfed by 50%ish. The two "buffs we get" is our AoE heal no longer hitting the fewest target (It now hits 4, like an IA. Less targets/healing than a Sorc and just less healing than the changed IA AoE) and us getting a Brez. Which every other healer already had.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.