The True Sith Empire?

tolaf

(Not sure if this should go in under Story and Lore so sorry in advance.)

Remember how Revan went off to fight the ultimate threat called "The True Sith Empire," remember the holonet talking about the Emperor planning his attack for centuries, remember those cinematic trailors/timeline videos showing the empire as a ruthless force that was quickly dominating the galaxy?

What happened to that Empire?

I have to say the "True" sith empire was quite the let down. So far on my imperial aligned toons all i see of the fearsome empire is kids playing dress up and begging me to help them kill some undertrained slaves who got blaster rifles, and somehow killed their entire platoon.

The empire in SWTOR is no threat, they are weaker then Malak's forces.

The empire on this game can't even stop a slave uprising on their homeworld, yes im sure the Emperor put centuries of preperation into this war.

Also i don't like how nice some of the imperials can be.

I understand what BW was going for by showing that imperials are people to and they can feel empathy, but imo i don't like that idea. I takes away the threat that the empire poses and when at first i saw the Republic as the galaxies only hope i now see that the empire is a little strict but not even all that bad.

In conclusion, i didn't llike the payoff of the true sith empire, they lloked really cool in the cinematic trailors but in the game they are way to weak and incapable.

Also the empire dosen't seem evil enough, i think some people might like to see a more human side to the empire but not me so i can't say it's a giant flaw.

This is just my opinion and not fact of course.

Oh and i'll keep playing, i just hope the Empire doesn't get too wimpy.

Have you only played one class? There is a reason the higher ups are doing nothing about the slave rebellion, it explains it while doing someones class quest. (cant remember which class it is, forgive me) But yeah anyway, some people in the Empire are really ******, and some are wimpy lol.

If you play full dark side, you can bring the evil back to the empire. ;)

Edited by PaintSticks

(Not sure if this should go in under Story and Lore so sorry in advance.)

Remember how Revan went off to fight the ultimate threat called "The True Sith Empire," remember the holonet talking about the Emperor planning his attack for centuries, remember those cinematic trailors/timeline videos showing the empire as a ruthless force that was quickly dominating the galaxy?

What happened to that Empire?

I have to say the "True" sith empire was quite the let down. So far on my imperial aligned toons all i see of the fearsome empire is kids playing dress up and begging me to help them kill some undertrained slaves who got blaster rifles, and somehow killed their entire platoon.

The empire in SWTOR is no threat, they are weaker then Malak's forces.

The empire on this game can't even stop a slave uprising on their homeworld, yes im sure the Emperor put centuries of preperation into this war.

Also i don't like how nice some of the imperials can be.

I understand what BW was going for by showing that imperials are people to and they can feel empathy, but imo i don't like that idea. I takes away the threat that the empire poses and when at first i saw the Republic as the galaxies only hope i now see that the empire is a little strict but not even all that bad.

In conclusion, i didn't llike the payoff of the true sith empire, they lloked really cool in the cinematic trailors but in the game they are way to weak and incapable.

Also the empire dosen't seem evil enough, i think some people might like to see a more human side to the empire but not me so i can't say it's a giant flaw.

This is just my opinion and not fact of course.

Oh and i'll keep playing, i just hope the Empire doesn't get too wimpy.

If you're interested in that section of the lore, and connecting some of the events of KOTOR and KOTOR II to SWTOR I highly suggest reading some of the expanded universe novels, particularly the SWTOR tie in novels (most specifically "Revan") it will explain a lot.