Min/Maxing Medic Battlemaster Gear

jjmartin

I've been looking at this for the last day or so, and can't reach a conclusion. I figured I'd put it up here.

The WH Gear isn't much of an upgrade over BM, and it occurred to me that it might just be better until Ranked WZs to just keep buying BM pieces to get optimal mods. However, I'm not real deep on stats and all that, so I'm not sure what mods I need for my Combat Medic.

IIRC, there are 6 Mod and 6 Enhancement slots...not in game atm, so that may be 6/5. So, which mods do I want?

Constraints: Don't want Alacrity. Want about 15k HP. Would be nice to crit a MedProbe for 5k. Keep original Armorings for set bonus.

Thanks to anyone who has already figured this out.

Here's a list of the available mods and enhancements:

MODS

Advanced Nimble Mod 25

Aim 48

End 29

Exp 25

Crit 37

Advanced Nimble Mod 25a

Aim 61

Endurance 37

Exp 25

Crit 11

Advanced Agile Mod 25

Aim 48

End 29

Exp 25

Power 37

Advanced Agile Mod 25a

Aim 61

End 37

Exp 25

Power 11

ENHANCEMENTS

Advanced Savant Enhancement 25

End 40

Exp 25

Power 20

Ala 51

Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 25

End 24

Exp 25

Pow 37

Ala 51

Advanced Insight/Volition Enhancement 25

End 24

Exp 25

Crit 37

Ala 51

Advanced Battle/Adept Enhancement 25

End 24

Exp 25

Crit 37

Surge 51

Advanced Initiative Enhancement 25

End 24

Exp 25

Acc 51

Pow 37

Advanced Acute/Finesse Enhancement 25

End 24

Exp 25

Acc 51

Crit 37

Advanced Poficient Enhancement 25

End 40

Exp 25

Acc 51

Pow 20

The "default" set of BM gear is actually quite decent: only thing I'd change is that I would not get the Combat Medic assault cannon but the Eliminator one instead (it has power instead of crit) and when you have all those then I'd just get the crit crafted orange gear for augments.

You won't be hitting 5k heals without relics and even then it's going to be mostly on yourself - we are far better at healing ourselves than we are healing others.

But you will be healing decently and with the right build you can pull off 1.2 advanced probes and 1.6 healing probes.

You'll have around 16k-16.5k HP depending on if you have been hunting datacrons or not

Edited by Easpeak

I just reached 50 and would be grateful for a quick overview of what i want for my equips (for a CM). ATM i have this:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/8d20eb9a-d9b0-429a-88c8-bfc7f85e476c

I was thinking to drop the armstech (quite useless) and get armormech (craft my WH set with +augment), and in the mean time just farm commendations to a full BM set.

The WH is a good set ? need change some mods, or the stats are ok ? What i should look for the augments ?

Thanks for the tips (and sorry for the terrible english)

Edit: oh before dropping Armstech, there's something i should craft ?

Edited by zykklon

The craftable WH set is just an empty shell (like regular orange gear) you'll want to just concentrate on getting a full BM set. Start with the slots where you dont have any expertise at all: mainhand, helmet, legs. Edited by Easpeak

The craftable WH set is just an empty shell (like regular orange gear) you'll want to just concentrate on getting a full BM set. Start with the slots where you dont have any expertise at all: mainhand, helmet, legs.

So i need buy the WH items to use the mods on the crafted set ?

So i need buy the WH items to use the mods on the crafted set ?

Yes, only way you get Quality 61 (the mods in War Hero gear) is to first grind BM item and then grind some more to swap the BM one for a WH one. it's pointless and the benefits are really small. If you have the time or have someone that already has armormech then I would still craft the augmented orange gear (although it does not have to be the WH skin per say) and use 18 aim and 12 endurance mods in it.

So if I was you: I would get augmented orange gear, advanced reflex augments, grind full BM, strip BM mods and put them in the orange gear with augments. And then I would start grinding WH, not before. BM and WH difference is negligible compared to the comm grind you'd have to do. Combat medic gear is well enough itemized, except I would take the Eliminator cannon instead of the CM one.

Yes, only way you get Quality 61 (the mods in War Hero gear) is to first grind BM item and then grind some more to swap the BM one for a WH one. it's pointless and the benefits are really small. If you have the time or have someone that already has armormech then I would still craft the augmented orange gear (although it does not have to be the WH skin per say) and use 18 aim and 12 endurance mods in it.

So if I was you: I would get augmented orange gear, advanced reflex augments, grind full BM, strip BM mods and put them in the orange gear with augments. And then I would start grinding WH, not before. BM and WH difference is negligible compared to the comm grind you'd have to do. Combat medic gear is well enough itemized, except I would take the Eliminator cannon instead of the CM one.

Oh thank you very much, very enlightening :)