The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New 50 in Warzones... enter the shark pen...

Daecollo

Sorry guys... I stopped playing my new character... I wanted to see how bad it was actually starting over and trying it again.

I have a fully geared character and another half geared 50, but my third 50 I really wanted to start again to see how new players are.

Sorry.. its really terrible.. lol...

the experience was nothing like it was when I got my first character to 50.

I didn't find it to bad i got into pvp just over a week ago and I'm only missing my Chest for BM I'm currently saving for WH Implants and extras. If i'm on to do the daily even if I lose all 6 matches i can almost get 1 piece of gear a day. I know that will change when it comes to getting WH gear but it isn't as bad as it is playing WoW pvp.

Buy recruit gear. Get a full set. Do daily quests or sell things on the GTN until you have enough money to get an entire set.

Then take a spec that allows you to act in a support capacity. Tanking, healing, ranged DPS -- whatever you do don't run into the middle of a fray because you will be targeted and die. If you play a Sentinel then hang on the outskirts and wait for someone to attack your backline, then go after them.

The Recruit gear actually has a lot of expertise -- much more than the old Champion set. It lags in Endurance, which is why I say to not charge into the middle of a fight, but you can at least contribute.

Making this even easier for you is the fact that Battlemaster gear is REALLY easy to get now. You get a ton of comms per Warzone and most pieces can be had for under 1k of them -- about 8 matches. Some of the big pieces take a while to get, but you can get all but 4 pieces at a low price.

So jump in and participate! The grind is still there, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

It's stupid easy to get full BM now, I just got full set on alt in 5-6 days pvp'ing 3-4 hours a day max.

Like some one mentioned before, spec for support and don't run in the middle or you will get 2 shotted by geared players.

Do dailies/weekly and even if you lose every WZ you can get at least 1 piece of BM gear a day.

7 days /played on my latest alt that includes leveling it from 1-50, full battlemaster re-modded for power and 2 war hero pieces. The last thing anyone should complain about is gear in the game, it takes no time. Edited by Kabaal

If you are pvp hardcore, it would only take about 3 days for full set BM, and 2-3 days for each WH piece.

If you are a casual pvper like me, it would take a week for full set BM, and 3-5 days for each WH piece.

Getting gears is so much easier than pre 1.2. Pre 1.2, it took me 1-2 months just for full Champion set. :(

Umm recruit gear puts you on par or just below battlemasters,the difference is minimal.

Ummm...no it doesn't. Not even close. My first week with recruit was very painful. I started to notice a difference after I got 1/2 my BM gear. Now that I'm full BM working on War Hero I routinely shred non-BM geared players. The first few weeks are very painful for a fresh 50. Tough it out to get the gear.