Assassin rotation - force slow and crushing darkness?

Altissimus

For crushing darkness, in tanking PvE never, your rotation to get harnessed darkness and then use force lightning gives the most amount of damage, it's the same for pvp unless if you need to dot someone, say cause they are stealth and they will stealth out or something, and dotting them takes them out of stealth (situational). While I'm not familiar with it, perhaps using it in madness both in pve and pvp is what is usually done. And as deception, you're more focused on speed then using casts so probably not in PvE and again situational in pvp.

Force slow is important in pvp, use it for stopping/slowing caps, backups and while your other CCs are still on cooldown. It's also fun to use in Huttball.

Edited by MasterFeign

well if you are pvping you should use FS all the time as you get it, i don't know off-hand what lvl you get it.. for pve it is almost useless except maybe if you are trying to escape and your best escape abilities are on their cool-down. as far as crushing darkness goes i ditched it as soon as i speced for tanking at lvl 33. as Feign said it is useful for a couple of situations in pvp but i still don't find it useful enough to warrant a spot on my already crowded tool bars.

Force Slow is only worth casting if you've the talents that improve it which implies you're Deception.

I casting crushing darkness on a guy trying to solo cap a node that I"m defending if they try to cap the node first. It's a pretty decent way to open the fight (only FL does more total damage out of your moves) and it ensures they cannot vanish for the next 6 seconds. But that's literally the only time I use that ability.

Edited by Astarica