Your Story Arc After Lvl 50 Makes No Sence BioWare

Lord_Karsk

The main story in the game goes from lvl 1 when a character starts to lvl 50 when the story "ends"

The Novels sorounding this game i think is great.

So you did this

In the Beginning you introduce the reader to the setting, the characters and the situation (conflict) they find themselves in and their goal. Plot Point 1 is a situation that drives the main character from their "normal" life toward some different conflicting situation that the story is about.

Great stories often begin at Plot Point 1, thrusting the main character right into the thick of things, but they never really leave out Act 1, instead filling it in with back story along the way.

In the Middle the story develops through a series of complications and obstacles, each leading to a mini crisis. Though each of these crises are temporarily resolved, the story leads inevitably to an ultimate crisis—the Climax. As the story progresses, there is a rising and falling of tension with each crisis, but an overall rising tension as we approach the Climax. The resolution of the Climax is Plot Point 2.

In the End, the Climax and the loose ends of the story are resolved during the Denouement. Tension rapidly dissipates because it's nearly impossible to sustain a reader's interest very long after the climax. Finish your story and get out.

One of the main driving forces of an MMORPG is the story once a character reach "endgame"

But in this MMO there is none.You think highly of your story but what drives the players forword?

And the Empre side makes little sence now with the

Emperor dead

And not to mention the Flashpoint the False Emperor witch from a Empire storypoint

makes no sence what so ever, with

Malgus dead

Who better then to

take the range then

Malgus

from Empire point of view.But you killed that as well.

And the Republic just goes on i guess fighting whats left ?

Of course this was done to give both players a chance to fight

Malgus

The Raids and Flashpoint at 50 should be the new story arc, but because you make everything

for both factions to save time making Raids there can be no story. Unless there is a new powerful

3 faction enemy we will team up together, but thats not the case.It will always be Republic vs Empire.

So with this there is no story, nothing that drives the character forword,as a faction always fighting

some third riminal faction like Hutts etc just doesnt hold up.What you need to do is continue the real

story that should go on after lvl 50.And what i mean is Flashpoints and Raids that is against the other

faction with a new story arc to them.

Eternity Vault works because of the story,the two other Raids from the greater story arc is just not

good at all.The storyline of the character(your pesronal storyline ends at 50) with no greater story

that takes over.Because of this the players feel lost whats going on.

So all in all were is your great story BioWare that helps drive the player forword ?

Edited by Lord_Karsk

You do realise that the chapter three arc isn't the end right? There's more to come.

the emperors not dead either so your point is moot. They stole the EU plot line for Palpatine (transfer essence) and implemented it here. Your final encounter in chapter three with the emperor isn't really your final encounter.

Edited by Artthen
quoted removed post

Bioware played there cards in such a way nobody can be confirmed dead. Malgus invokes the trope "Never found the body" so he will most likely come back as you never witness a demise. And the Emperor is weakened bit essence lives on without a physical form. He'll get a new body eventually. Everyone's coming back at some time or another why not? It's the quick and easy path for story writing. :)

Edited by Darth-Malice

Bioware played there cards in such a way nobody can be confirmed dead. Malgus invokes the trope "Never found the body" so he will most likely come back as you never witness a demise. And the Emperor is weakened bit essence lives on without a physical form. He'll get a new body eventually. Everyone's coming back at some time or another why not? It's the quick and easy path for story writing. :)

Ahh some logic has been added to the discussion... I can get behind this .. have we not already seen something similar already in the game... Dark Temple, Revan etc...

Edited by Bloodstealer

Should probably spoiler those things Malice :p Don't want anyone getting their chapter three stories ruined if the haven't finished the content yet.

Revan is also set to return, at least that's the way they left it open.

Yeah i was thinking about that, but why would they do that, as someone said. Would

be to much of a rip off of the Sidious clone thing in the EU.The only one "dead" i want to see come back is

Exar Kun and Revan.

Ahh some logic has been added to the discussion... I can get behind this .. have we not already seen something similar already in the game... Dark Temple, Revan etc...

Aye on Voss you do get to further understand what the emperor is capable of. Leaving the current break ambiguous. I view the current endgame as a break in between books.

Yeah i was thinking about that, but why would they do that, as someone said. Would

be to much of a rip off of the Sidious clone thing in the EU.The only one "dead" i want to see come back is

Exar Kun and Revan.

Why would they do it? Because its easier to revive a character who isn't confirmed dead so the target audience knows there goals and motivations and back-story. Rather then make up a new character with a different set of goals and motivations and complex plot to go behind them. Not saying Bioware can't make new characters it's just easier too go with existing ones.

Why would they do it? Because its easier to revive a character who isn't confirmed dead so the target audience knows there goals and motivations and back-story. Rather then make up a new character with a different set of goals and motivations and complex plot to go behind them. Not saying Bioware can't make new characters it's just easier too go with existing ones.

Oh i agree with you bigtime. And to face off against character we know and care for would

be awesome in so many ways for the people who enjoy the story.

Just imagine going to Yavin IV going up against Exar Kun in a Raid.That would make alot of star wars

wans across the player base exited. Raiders and non Raiders.Unlike what some people think great

story to endgame actually works.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Just a thought.

Seeing as the warrior and knight stories take place at different points in time, perhaps that the knights final chapter is set before the events on Voss for the sith warrior. You find the emperor trapped in another beings body in a weakened state. At this point in the story arc it's your goal to set about releasing him into the ether so he can continue his scheme. Throughout the warrior story quest the dark council have said they haven't had contact from the emperor through the emperors voice. Baris of course feigns hearing the emperor for his own needs which ends his life but the story arc throughout does represent that these events take place after the knights tale.

Wouldn't of picked up on any of these things unless I'd play to opposing factions stories.

Edited by sambeta

You people still don't get the OP wants it all right here right now. Not in the future.

Thats your interpretation... to others endgame doesn't mean the end of the game... the OP was commenting on how he percieves endgame content so far seeming to be a little off track in regards to story, maybe true maybe not.. but your comments thus far add nothing either informed or sensible - nothing more than "wow man you dumb if you think story is the thing man!!!.".. go back to kindagarten for a whiles then when you have learned how to add something constructive to a discussion maybe come back and try again...

Thats your interpretation... to others endgame doesn't mean the end of the game... the OP was commenting on how he percieves endgame content so far seeming to be a little off track in regards to story, maybe true maybe not.. but your comments thus far add nothing either informed or sensible - nothing more than "wow man you dumb if you think story is the thing man!!!.".. go back to kindagarten for a whiles then when you have learned how to add something constructive to a discussion maybe come back and try again...

lol well sorry for telling him the truth. That's the way it is in ever game. The story ends unless there is more added. I agree they should of added story to ops but how long would that have lasted? Not until now. He would of still made the same post demanding more unless he plays the game slow or just started. My main point is it is impossible for a story to drive any game forever.

Edited by Darklord_Varus

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Disruptive Behavior - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Just a thought.

Seeing as the warrior and knight stories take place at different points in time, perhaps that the knights final chapter is set before the events on Voss for the sith warrior. You find the emperor trapped in another beings body in a weakened state. At this point in the story arc it's your goal to set about releasing him into the ether so he can continue his scheme. Throughout the warrior story quest the dark council have said they haven't had contact from the emperor through the emperors voice. Baris of course feigns hearing the emperor for his own needs which ends his life but the story arc throughout does represent that these events take place after the knights tale.

Wouldn't of picked up on any of these things unless I'd play to opposing factions stories.

No.

The SW finishes Voss before the JK because the JK has the ability to kill Sel-Makor(or w/e his name is) while the SW storyline requires him to still be alive. That issue aside, the Emperor's Voice(the JK final boss) is killed at about the same time that the SW fights Baras. During all this time the Emperor's main/true body is somewhere outside of the known universe.

No.

The SW finishes Voss before the JK because the JK has the ability to kill Sel-Makor(or w/e his name is) while the SW storyline requires him to still be alive. That issue aside, the Emperor's Voice(the JK final boss) is killed at about the same time that the SW fights Baras. During all this time the Emperor's main/true body is somewhere outside of the known universe.

I remember in the SW story line killing the avatar of Sel Makor as well as Sel-Makor himself to release the emperors essence. I know that the SW time on Taris takes place at a completely different time as well as the events on Balmorra. It seems like much of the game and story arcs take place at very different times. You're probably right though and it would make more sense with both endings playing out at the same time.

I remember in the SW story line killing the avatar of Sel Makor as well as Sel-Makor himself to release the emperors essence. I know that the SW time on Taris takes place at a completely different time as well as the events on Balmorra. It seems like much of the game and story arcs take place at very different times. You're probably right though and it would make more sense with both endings playing out at the same time.

Killing the avatar of Sel-Makor is the world arc and has nothing to do with the actual killing of Sel-Makor. The SW doesn't kill Sel-Makor just the Emperor's Voice being controlled by Sel-Makor. Sel-Makor's death is the sacrifice of that female Voss commando into the giant pit of swirling malice. If you want a slightly more detailed look at the Emperor's timeline look at the link in my signature for the Primer on the Emperor.

Taris/Balmorra are a unique situation where the Empire storylines and Republic storylines take place at a different point in time, but the Empire storylines occur at roughly the same time and the Republic storylines take place at roughly the same time.

Killing the avatar of Sel-Makor is the world arc and has nothing to do with the actual killing of Sel-Makor. The SW doesn't kill Sel-Makor just the Emperor's Voice being controlled by Sel-Makor. Sel-Makor's death is the sacrifice of that female Voss commando into the giant pit of swirling malice. If you want a slightly more detailed look at the Emperor's timeline look at the link in my signature for the Primer on the Emperor.

Taris/Balmorra are a unique situation where the Empire storylines and Republic storylines take place at a different point in time, but the Empire storylines occur at roughly the same time and the Republic storylines take place at roughly the same time.

Thanks for that some very useful information there! :)