HM LI and Combat Medic 1.2

Have any of you who've cleared Hard mode Lost Island done so with a commando healer since 1.2? This is cross-posted from the commando forum in case someone here isn't a CM but ran with one on a successful run. We were actually able to get past the droid boss after a handful of tries, but my heals just couldn't even come close to keeping up with the the big monkey's dps. This isn't suppose to be the "hard" boss in this FP. I'm in mostly Columi with 1 Tionese and 1 Rakata. Everyone knew their role during the pipe phases. The first pipe phase was a mad rush to just keep people alive. He'd usually have his second target half dead before my first probe hit his first victim, and then there was just no catching up before the 2nd round of poo-flinging. Our best attempt out of 5 or 6 we got him to ALMOST 50%.

After being able to get through the droid, I'd like to think I'm not just a complete healing newb. But I'm willing to accept that title if someone can give me some successful advice (other than rerolling out of Commando) or at least some moral support and assurance that it can/has been done around this level of gear. Our same exact group was able to breeze through this fight when the Sage was heal-specc'd and I was DPS (while wearing my healing gear).

Savrak is very heal intensive for anyone, not just combat medics. Most likely what is happening is people are avoiding mechanics putting more strain on you than anything else.

Make sure when people get the Voracious Rot on them that they stay away from others until the debuff is gone. It spreads an while by itself doesn't do a lot of damage, when it spreads to everyone the damage adds up quickly, especially when you factor in the slime slinging.

As soon as he hops up on the pipes, EVERYONE should be at their panel hitting it. It's a 9 second channel and he will usually hop to another one. If everyone hits theirs at the same time immediately, then he will come down no matter what after 9 seconds. If people wait until he jumps to their platform, then it adds a lot of time for him to be slinging his slime at you.

Make sure players also aren't getting hit by his cleave. Normally it would be easy to avoid, but since you have to stack on the boss multiple times people may forget or not notice that they are getting hit by it.

I think many people consider this a freebee fight and get lazy on these mechanics.

As a combat medic, I definitely find Sak-Rak to be the hardest fight of this flashpoint. The best thing to do is basically what the above poster said- make sure the DPS get to their panels INSTANTLY when he jumps. Otherwise, make good use of your cooldowns and hope for the best.

Thanks a ton for the great feedback. I didn't realize the poison spreads; that may be part of the problem. Also, if he jumps to the pipes after a fixed time after his leap (vs after so much dps has been done) then we might can save some time by running to the pipes right after the leap versus waiting for him to jump. Thanks again!

Thanks a ton for the great feedback. I didn't realize the poison spreads; that may be part of the problem. Also, if he jumps to the pipes after a fixed time after his leap (vs after so much dps has been done) then we might can save some time by running to the pipes right after the leap versus waiting for him to jump. Thanks again!
Everyone needs to hit the panel as soon as possible. You don't wait for him to jump. He will usually jump to another one at 5 or so seconds, so if the other person was already hitting the panel, then by the time he reaches it the fire will him him almost immediately and bring him back down. Done right, you won't need to do much healing.