cut the server in half at less

slvivin

i feel for pvp or pve to servive that enless your on a heavy server you are a bit ****ed. They can easyly solve a few problems is by cutting the server they have now in half. and let the character on the server that they took away move to another server if bioware can even do that. but if the did i can see pvp and pve will servive and the game might have a fighting chance but most likly not.

They could do that, many MMO's have merged servers in the past. They recently lost huge amounts of subs, some are people who just burned out after spacebaring through the game, others were never in it for the long run but I can promise many gave up because of server pops. I moved from the harbinger (full at teh time) to thana vesh because pop was too high and thana vesh was standard/heavy most times. Thana vesh then went light, always, so I hit dark reaper which was standard-very heavy, now its light most of the time. The problem with so many "light" servers is that its hard to find groups. Many time Ill be questing during peak hours and see 2 people on the planet I am on and maybe 50 in fleet. They are wasting resources, losing subs, and killing an awesome game. I honestly believe if they dont merge to fix this issue the game wont last:( Word of mouth is what keeps these games gaining and right now most people I know that play dont have much good to say. "It has a great story line, and is a great game BUT (and its a big one for an MMO) I can never find a group for anything."

Just hope that BW is listening, there are plenty of players, they just have them spread across way too many servers. At the moment, unless your on fatman or maybe jedi covenant your screwed. I have changed servers once to get away from lifeless worlds and missing every FP, I dont intend on doing it again. My buddy who convinced me to buy this game with his endless ranting on how good it would be has cancelled his sub. He still loves the game but you can only do warzones over and over so much before you get bored with it. I love PvP dont get me wrong but if PvP and dailies are my only options.....you get the point.

Greetings everyone!

Since we have a few threads on the various topics regarding Server Population and suggestions for it, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue your discussion here:

You can find more information regarding Character Transfers in our Community Q + A Blog for April 27th, 2012:

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

Thank you! :)