What is going on here?

Solomier

Hey.....

First off i'd like to point out that i really do like this game alot. But certain things are bothering me and i'm not sure how much longer this game will be able to sustain itself.

Now i've been on board since about the beggining and I'm wondering why certain things haven't changed?

The GTN is really bad. BW said that they were going to fix it and it seems that it is the same as it was before.....well not the same, it's worse now because of all the bugs. Not alot of people use it, the prices are insane for really bad items, even though i have a decent amount of credits there is still nothing really worth getting out there. But I guess that's the communities fault not BW so I will stop with that.

The flashpoints need help. and i'm not talking about the flashpoints themselves (although there are still plenty of bugs in them) but the way that the flashpoints are set up. I like playing both Republic and Imperial and the fact that i log on and have to wait 3 hrs (on the Republic side) to find someone to run a low lvl flashpoint is insane. It almost makes more sense to skip the flashpoints and just grind to the end. But if i do that than I feel like i'm missing things i really want to Experience. The Republic side has been dead lately and when you only have 45-75 people on at the Republic Station than I can see why getting a group is so bad. 25% of the people have dropped this game already.

Isnt it time to implement a cross server cue for flashpoints so that you can make it go quicker? That along with server Merges need to be done.

Like I said in the beggining, I like this game.....alot......but if you dont address some of these issues....the 25% will turn into 75% very fast.......and i know that people subscribe and unsubscribe and than re-subscribe when new content is added....but with new mmo's coming out and the steadfast mmo's that people played before I would hate this one to go to the way side and another star wars disaster to happen.

:rak_01:

Hey buddy I feel your pain with the flashpoints and even with the planetary heroics in some places. I DO in fact skip them all and keep questing because until there is some kind of LFG tool it just eats up too much play time. As a friend said to me though, don't feel like you're missing the FPs because many of them you can do later in Heroic Mode. I agree though, it is a shame it is so difficult to find groups for these since most of them are done really well.

They haven't been fixed so as far as I'm concerned, keep posting about it. Doesn't hurt anyone except the trolls.

LOL

I wasn't trying to be mean about it....that wasnt my intention at all.....just was trying to bring awareness to a situation i felt was worthy.

:)

ummmmm pretty sure you are being sarcastic there......but im srry that i dont have time to troll through all the posts to see if this is a "New" problem or not.....

You don't have to "troll" through all the posts, you can use the search option. And don't tell me it'd take you more time to do that than writing your post. We aren't (Broseephine, me, others) against you, it's just it isn't the first time we read about it, we're aware of those issues. I mean, we're just tired of reading the same subjects over and over. Again, nothing against you.

That being said, here's what I reply usually. Imo, there're basically 2 versions of SWTOR. The one played on the "dead" servers and the one played on the heavily populated servers. It's like playing two different games! Nearly a month ago, I rerolled on Jedi Covenant and from that moment, I started to play SWTOR the 2nd version. It's just... great! So great to see so many players everywhere, so great to see more republic players than empire ones on the fleets, so great to form heroic and fp groups so quickly, so great to receive too many tells when you "lfm", so great to read intense pvp conversations in the chat, so great to have a GTN filled with pages and pages of things, so great to have fun discussions all the time with different players, so great to have so many different guilds with so many active members.

If you don't want to reroll, I completely understand. You could always wait for the free transfers in early summer. If you don't want to wait until then, I understand too. But give it a chance and try (or retry) the game on a heavily populated server, it worth it imo. Hope to see you soon in Jedi Covenant. :)

Edited by Sammm

I went thru the same thing you mention on the post till I rerolled on the fatman server about 1&1/2 month ago. then it become a lot better with getting group for FPs and the GTN is full of stuff at good price.

I guess the more people that populate a server, the better the mmo experience will be. I am hoping BW do a multi servers merges, espically the low ones to improve the mmo atomsphere. And then opens up a new servers when the current ones are being overcrowded. Also need to have cross servers lfg for FPs/wzs

You don't have to "troll" through all the posts, you can use the search option. And don't tell me it'd take you more time to do that than writing your post. We aren't (Broseephine, me, others) against you, it's just it isn't the first time we read about it, we're aware of those issues. I mean, we're just tired of reading the same subjects over and over. Again, nothing against you.

That being said, here's what I reply usually. Imo, there're basically 2 versions of SWTOR. The one played on the "dead" servers and the one played on the heavily populated servers. It's like playing two different games! Nearly a month ago, I rerolled on Jedi Covenant and from that moment, I started to play SWTOR the 2nd version. It's just... great! So great to see so many players everywhere, so great to see more republic players than empire ones on the fleets, so great to form heroic and fp groups so quickly, so great to receive too many tells when you "lfm", so great to read intense pvp conversations in the chat, so great to have a GTN filled with pages and pages of things, so great to have fun discussions all the time with different players, so great to have so many different guilds with so many active members.

If you don't want to reroll, I completely understand. You could always wait for the free transfers in early summer. If you don't want to wait until then, I understand too. But give it a chance and try (or retry) the game on a heavily populated server, it worth it imo. Hope to see you soon in Jedi Covenant. :)

As the GM of a raiding guild, I cannot ask all my raiders to just re-roll on another server, level, and regear... so we can go back to what we were working on. That's not realistic.

We're on Lord Praven. We have a thread going right now in our forums about what we can do to make things better until the developers fix their game. Mergers are a must (not transfers, MERGERS) but we feel that they aren't going to ever do that because it would be too much like admitting their game is dying.

I'm happy that you're happy on your high pop server - and had that option. But others don't. It would be really crappy of me to just up and move servers on the group I promised to lead and be responsible for. I can't do that. We're trying to hold it together until SOMETHING happens... but I'm going to be straight up honest here -- Tuesday at Midnight, our server will be a ghost town. We have 40 people that show up in Fleet every night. (down from 150ish a few weeks ago before patch hit) D3 will lower that even further than Storymode Explosive Conflict did when it chased off all the casual raiders...

There's only so much of this that the paying customer will deal with before they cancel. Bioware needs to pull their collective heads out of their booties and merge and balance servers. It's a must. Just need them to get it done so the rest of the paying subscribers CAN experience what you are right now.... and be happy.

Edited by eudaemonea