Rage Mar and Surge Softcap

Prolyfic

Hi guys, I play a fairly new rage marauder at 50 in a blend of pvp and ops and I'm trying to optimize my stats for capable burst but w/o losing out on too much sustained dps. I see a lot of rage marauders stacking power to buff the dmg on the autocrit smash, but I invested more in crit and surge to get my other abilities to crit frequently also, to take advantage of Dark Resonance (increase crit strike dmg of all attks by 30%), even at the cost of some smash dmg I'd get from more power.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/e80c5419-7001-47b6-b616-6a99083bcfd2

This is an estimate of my gear and stats, 37% crit and 100% crit dmg for force attacks..

given the surge softcape is around 75% and rage gets 30% bonus (force attacks only), is it worth it to remove all the surge mods from my gear down to 75% crit dmg and replace them with power?

Right now, on normal mobs/players w/o protection I am critting smash for 4200-4400. Most other abilities are critting around 2-3k or 4-5k for my reactives. I have a tier 2 and a tier 1 saber atm, but both have white +41 power crystals in them. Are there any marauders specced rage reading this with 75% surge optimized? Can you share your smash crit numbers attained by stacking power after 75% surge please? Thanks :D

Edited by Prolyfic

First off, Surge Mods don't exist, just Enhancements and Augments. Mods only come available with either Power or Crit.

They raised the Surge hard cap to 80% in 1.2, but I believe you are correct that it starts soft capping at around 74%. I'm currently running 430 Surge rating and am sitting at 79.2%.

If you are running strictly Rage, you'd probably want to use mainly Power/Surge Enhancements.

The main question is whether or not you'd want to use 200 Stat points for either 8% Surge or **% Accuracy. Going from 200 to 400 Surge rating is only 8% crit modifier. So you'd either want to run full Power/Surge, or once you reach the desired Surge rating, switch to Accuracy/Power or Accuracy/Crit. Power/Crit Enhancements don't exist, so they aren't an option.

It's up to you.

Edited by Angelfeeties