pvp wont pop even when there are people queuing

Juey

This has to be a bug. When the queue is bad enough as it is on low pop servers, the game wont let people in to fill a half full pvp ops group. We had guild mates queuing in mean times and they dont get in. Why is that, is the system intended that way?. Its really annoying, someone cares to explain? And this isnt something that rarely happens either, seen it everyday. Edited by Juey

My -theory- (there's a patch that actually talked about this, either that or it was at the guild summit) anyways...

The warzone queue attempts to match up a group of players with another group at even numbers. Meaning if 4 imps queue together in a group the game will try to find a group of 4 repubs before it finds solo queuers. The problem with this is say if 2 groups of 4 queue (or a 3, 3, and a 2 w/e really) the game will attempt to match the 4 and 4, or 3, 3, and 2 first before allowing solo queuers in. Now if the repub side actually has 2 groups of 4, and one of those groups is afk or decides to not go in, the game will go on with the 2 groups of imps, 1 group of 4 repub and hold the last 4 slots for another group as long as possible (this is why in game after a couple of minutes, you get a total of 5 and then eventually 6 people).

If this really is what goes on, on game start they should allow everyone in regardless of how they queued in to fill it instead of waiting for another group of 4 to counter balance the other team. I believe too that what happens is it waits for 4, then tries a group of 3 and 1 solo queue, a group of 2 and 2 solo queue etc until it's full. Hence why you'll see a total of 5, some time pass, and then a total of 6, etc.

My -theory- (there's a patch that actually talked about this, either that or it was at the guild summit) anyways...

The warzone queue attempts to match up a group of players with another group at even numbers. Meaning if 4 imps queue together in a group the game will try to find a group of 4 repubs before it finds solo queuers. The problem with this is say if 2 groups of 4 queue (or a 3, 3, and a 2 w/e really) the game will attempt to match the 4 and 4, or 3, 3, and 2 first before allowing solo queuers in. Now if the repub side actually has 2 groups of 4, and one of those groups is afk or decides to not go in, the game will go on with the 2 groups of imps, 1 group of 4 repub and hold the last 4 slots for another group as long as possible (this is why in game after a couple of minutes, you get a total of 5 and then eventually 6 people).

If this really is what goes on, on game start they should allow everyone in regardless of how they queued in to fill it instead of waiting for another group of 4 to counter balance the other team. I believe too that what happens is it waits for 4, then tries a group of 3 and 1 solo queue, a group of 2 and 2 solo queue etc until it's full. Hence why you'll see a total of 5, some time pass, and then a total of 6, etc.

I think some of this is an issue too. I've started using /who to check out Warzones in action and see how many there are. The other day after checking on and off after seeing no Warzones for 20 minutes or so, and finally I saw a group of 6 get into a warzone while me and my wife group queued together couldn't get in.. Brilliant idea, I dropped my queue, my wife got a queue pop immediately, I re-queued solo and got in myself. If no matches are being put together for that long and there are enough people to make a group, just make it. I would rather play in an imbalanced match now than sit in a queue for 20 minutes waiting until the numbers of people queue in groups match up.

The other thing this causes issues with, when a match starts with one team outnumbering the other there is a SEVERE disadvantage. If you start a match down by 2 or more players and the other team jumps out to a significant lead before the system evens out the numbers there's not much you can do. I've been in Voidstar matches where the other team got through 2 doors before we had a full team, or we struggled for 4 minutes trying to get through the first door outnumber 8 v 6 or fewer. Same goes for Alderaan when they get a 2 cap on you from the start because you're outnumbered or in Huttball when they've scored before you have a full team.

Now on the flipside of that, when you start a Huttball match at a numbers disadvantage, the countdown to end the warzone starts, and your team can score 2 points on the full team of 8 before the countdown finally ends the match and you win 2-0 at a numbers disadvantage it is EXTREMELY satisfying :)