Access to Content

curtkram

I know you're going to lock this thread, I know this is a known issue, and I know it's already been stated that some day in the future server transfers will be somehow implemented. I am posting anyway because I have been in contact with customer service and they said to post here. I asked them to transfer an abandoned character to a new server, or buff my new character's level and stats to match my first character, or move several hundred people into my second server to make group access plausible. They said start over on a new server again, which obviously does not give me the access to hard modes or operations which my level 50 characters on 2 other servers would have had if the population density was anywhere near reasonable.

I'm on my third server now (fatman this time). The first one is dead and the population on the second is thinning out. You can look at when certain forum topics were created going back to the end of January saying server populations are too sparse. You had the last week of January to think of a solution, then February to implement, them March provided a whole month for you to do something, April came and went, and now it's half way through May. Still nothing. What you did is release a patch that gave us 'legacy' content. That's kind of insulting isn't it, since you're company tells me that to have access to your content I have to abandon the legacy I created on my first server, then abandon-again-the legacy I created on my second server?

I'm getting tired of starting over, so I'm asking you what I asked customer service. What am I supposed to do? All I'm asking for is access to the content you created. That's not a lot to ask for. I don't want to give up on your game. It was fun as a single player game the first time through, and the group content was fun when it was accessible. But it now looks like you're company and EA and half my server have given up on you. So what do you expect I do? Spend all of my in game time waiting for something to get fixed? Start over again? Leave for a game that was intended to be single player and doesn't charge a subscription fee? If there is something I'm missing and you have any other alternatives that can give me access to the content you created, please let me know.

Thanks.

I asked them to transfer an abandoned character to a new server, or buff my new character's level and stats to match my first character, or move several hundred people into my second server to make group access plausible.

Well, you sure weren't asking for a lot for completely unselfish reasons.

I mean...I can't believe they didn't unfairly buff a players toon to higher levels purely so they wouldn't have to do the worth themselves, or even worse, they were too lazy to yank out a few hundred people from their servers to satiate your needs.

What a bunch of irresponsible [censored]-mongers.

Hello everyone!

We're going to close this thread as a number of others are being used by the community to discuss the topic of server population at the moment.

Server Population is GROWING!

Server population is dropping...

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

Feel free to continue this discussion in one of the threads listed above!