Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it that obvious? :p

Dude, I used it twice... You've been doing good lately not using hyperbole...don't start again.

Twice in 10 minutes, i just cut you off before you could use it again, but i didnt account for hyperbole being the next word on your calendar.

People here are arguing about the x-server lfg tool, not a toggle that the devs have made no mention of and that anti x-server fanatics would not tolerate anyway. ?

Twice in 10 minutes, i just cut you off before you could use it again, but i didnt account for hyperbole being the next word on your calendar.

People here are arguing about the x-server lfg tool, not a toggle that the devs have made no mention of and that anti x-server fanatics would not tolerate anyway. ?

So, you're not interested in finding a solution that works for everyone to present to the devs?

Like a dog that wont stop peeing on your rug.

HAHA! Hmmm..quite telling, indeed.

I'm afraid it's going to be difficult to take you seriously as long as you continue to think the dev team has the IQ equivalent to a dog that hasn't been house-broken...

So, you're not interested in finding a solution that works for everyone to present to the devs?

i am 100% for a cross server lfg tool that you can toggle to same server only, i would probably even use the same sever part for 20 minutes or so, but since i wouldnt want to wait 3 or 4 hours i would eventualy have to switch it to x-server.

HAHA! Hmmm..quite telling, indeed.

I'm afraid it's going to be difficult to take you seriously as long as you continue to think the dev team has the IQ equivalent to a dog that hasn't been house-broken...

Well they did just announce the new augment slots that you need crafters for, that was the first time i ever thought maybe they were competant. But it will take more that to convince me after releasing an mmo with no combat log.

Lol @ offensive. Gee someone is really sensative. Sorry that I would prefer not to see SWTOR follow the same path of WoW with empty zones and people standing around on the fleet telling Chuck Norris jokes all day. That does not define MMORPG. If you have limited time knowing that MMO's are a time sink, why do you play them?

Heck, if you want more people to play with, come to The Swiftsure. It's only a standard pop server but I have had no issues finding groups.

Doesn't it already have empty zones? I'm on Belsavis right now on a STANDARD pop server. 16 Rep side. Hoth has 7. Ilum 7. Corellia 6.

MMOs don't have to be a time sink. They can be active and enjoyable. I play them because I enjoy the active and enjoyable part. I just want the game to support the ability to be more active and enjoyable and less waiting and tedium. X-LFG seems the most likely candidate to fix for me that the quickest, but I don't much care how they do it, just that they do it.

Doesn't it already have empty zones? I'm on Belsavis right now on a STANDARD pop server. 16 Rep side. Hoth has 7. Ilum 7. Corellia 6.

MMOs don't have to be a time sink. They can be active and enjoyable. I play them because I enjoy the active and enjoyable part. I just want the game to support the ability to be more active and enjoyable and less waiting and tedium. X-LFG seems the most likely candidate to fix for me that the quickest, but I don't much care how they do it, just that they do it.

Well I will have no issue with X-LFG as long as they can add a kick feature, a cross server ignore list and it doesn't teleport you. Not sure how the non teleporting part would work on cross server though

Well I will have no issue with X-LFG as long as they can add a kick feature, a cross server ignore list and it doesn't teleport you. Not sure how the non teleporting part would work on cross server though

Let me ask you this, what is wrong with being teleported?

Let's expand on this.

We have dead zones now because the only reason to be in a zone is to level. If you want to do group content, you must be on fleet spamming to get it. The argument that a LFG tool would populate one zone at the expense of all others is actually exactly the opposite of what would happen.

Today we HAVE to be in one place to find a group.

With an LFG tool, we can sign up for the group and move on out to do... whatever... until the tool finds us a group.

It might result in more populated zones, if only there were some other reason to be in them.

I would insist on those features too, except for the non teleporting part, i just dont think it would work. that and well you already teleport to all the flash points right now, thats all telos and the gav dragon are, big teleporters.

And for people talking earlier about empty zones, did you see wow just announced x server zones in pandaria. Since mmos from the dawn of mmo time have all had the problem of empty starter zones it sounds ike a pretty good idea, and a good step towards the future of mmos not having servers anymore. I just wish our devs were on the ball like that.

Edited by Mallorik

If you take away the teleporting, you are increasing the incentive for people to congregate on Fleet (an affect you allege to be attributed to LFG and that you dislike) because with no teleport, you have to waste time traveling to Fleet to start your group.

Adding teleport will actually eliminate negative incentives associated with being off of fleet when your group pops. Then, if BioWare puts in a reason for the 50 crowd to be out on the worlds, we might see more populated worlds!

I'll go you one further on x-server ignore list. I want the x-server ignore to ignore the ACCOUNT, not the character.

I wouldn insist on those features too, except for the non teleporting part, i just dont think it would work. that and well you already teleport to all the flash points right now, thats all telos and the gav dragon are, big teleporters.

And for people talking earlier about empty zones, did you see wow just announced x server zones in pandaria. Since mmos from the dawn of mmo time have all had the problem of empty starter zones it sounds ike a pretty good idea, and a good step towards the future of mmos not having servers anymore. I just wish our devs were on the ball like that.

:eek: seriously about WoW's new expansion? I agree, the industry really needs to change and look at no longer having servers, but instead have instanced zones the number depending on how many people are in it.

Let's expand on this.

We have dead zones now because the only reason to be in a zone is to level. If you want to do group content, you must be on fleet spamming to get it. The argument that a LFG tool would populate one zone at the expense of all others is actually exactly the opposite of what would happen.

With an LFG tool, we can sign up for the group and move on out to do... whatever... until the tool finds us a group.

It might result in more populated zones, if only there were some other reason to be in them.

The only exception is the global LFG channel. I use it quite a bit, works great.

Looking trough the posts, it is no wonder the game is failing, the community here seems very close minded.

I wouldn't be blaming the community for the failing of the game, that lays squarely on EA Bioware. Besides the game isn't failing pursue, but it is on the path for that to happen, and there are various reasons for this, having to many servers is a major one.

:eek: seriously about WoW's new expansion? I agree, the industry really needs to change and look at no longer having servers, but instead have instanced zones the number depending on how many people are in it.

I totally dislike instanced zones, you will never have your friends with you and you need to change the zone all the time.

AOC had this, it was really annoying - horrible feature if you ask me. 1 Zone was completely dry of resources and the others were full of it - now tell me, how do you know which one it is if there are like 20 open?

You dont! Open the LFG chat and you see who needs a group works very well - you can even log to an alt, something you cant in a lfg tool.

I totally dislike instanced zones, you will never have your friends with you and you need to change the zone all the time.

AOC had this, it was really annoying - horrible feature if you ask me. 1 Zone was completely dry of resources and the others were full of it - now tell me, how do you know which one it is if there are like 20 open?

About the resources? Easy, same thing Guild Wars 2 is doing, when you see a node, you mine it, and it disappears for you for long period of time, but it is still there for other people to use the node as well.

Can I assume that people that are against a LFG system are altaholics or people that post about how a lvl 37 PVP WZ is so unbalanced?

Probably not. I'm an altaholic and I"m very much for an X-LFG system.

Warzones are unbalanced? The kiff you say? :eek:

Probably not. I'm an altaholic and I"m very much for an X-LFG system.

Warzones are unbalanced? The kiff you say? :eek:

I would assume altaholics would love the best lfg tool they could get, i know ive been putting off leveling my other two alts because i had 2 50's in beta and i have 2 50's on live and ive still not seen all the flashpoints.

wow just added cross-realm leveling zones. so they now have the following features that guarantee the MMO feel:

- x-server LFG

- x-server battlegrounds

- x-server LFR

- x-server leveling zones (x-server pvp in contested territories)

this game needs to catch up.